Skip to main content

Tag Thursday: The Beauty Scenario Tag

1) You have to get rid of all of your foundations and you can only keep one drugstore and one high end... WHICH DO YOU CHOOSE! 

I don't think I've found my major holy grail foundation yet, but so far my favorite is he Rimmel Stay Matte. I really think it's an amazing foundations. I was worried it would be too Matte for my dryer skin, but it isn't that matte. I feel like it just gives a nice flawless finish and it's actually got a nice coverage for a drugstore foundation. I don't have a high end foundation, but I would bring a primer with me instead... Never tried a high end primer, so idk if this is super cheating or not lol.

2) You go for an interview and the lady interviewing you has lipstick on her teeth. Do you approach the subject or ignore it completely? 

If I were in this situation I would totally want to know... But idk if I'd say something. I feel like it's just part of being human, it isn't all that embarrassing. I wouldn't want to make my future boss feel bad about herself. Although if it was the job I have now, I probably would have said something to the any of the managers I've had. They were all super nice, don't think I saw any of them wear lipstick... Probably because working in retail isn't a great place for lipstick... But hey. I'd let them know, they were all super chill and I felt that from when I first met them. Lol.

3) You're not feeling yourself and you need a pick me up lipstick. Which one do you choose? 
I don't own many lipsticks that are high end that would make me feel really sophisticated and nice... But I would definitely put on my Buxum lipgloss. These just make me feel so luxurious, I only have one... But I've got my eye on others. They're just the best. If you're going out for a special occasion and you want a fancy high-end lipgloss. I recommend these. They aren't even all that expensive for a high end product, they're usually $19 I think. A lot for a lipgloss, but I think YSL has lipsticks for ridiculous amounts of money... Buxum lip gloss=go treat yo self!

4) You go back in time for a day to your teenage years, how would you do your hair and make up differently? 

Mostly, I would change the hair. I would try to straighten my hair long ago and it just did not work out! I have curly hair, there's nothing I can really do about that, some days I wouldn't so anything to it, I'd just leave it in a frizzy messy ponytail. That was bad.

I actually wouldn't do anything about make up. I was pretty good with that in high school,on the few occasions I wore it. I used Sheseido products and I didn't do blush or Bronzer or anything too crazy. All the other girls at my school wore wayyyyy too much make up and looked kind of orange... Still do mostly, so I was rather proud of myself.

I would maybe tell myself how to do eyeliner. I had always wanted to do a really emo eyeliner look and I never could do that in high school. Now I wouldn't do anything super dark or emo, and that makes me a little sad. It's like this missed opportunity. I probably would have regretted it had I done heavy eyeliner... But I want my emo eyeliner damnit! Lol

5) You ask your hairdresser for a shoulder length pixie-like hair cut, but they hear you wrong and give you a pixie cut. Do you A) smile and say thank you and then leave to your mum and cry hysterical. B) cry in the chair until things get awkward C) complain to the manager and demand a refund 

I don't think this situation would happen to me. I wouldn't ask for a pixie-like hair cut because that's confusing and I could see that getting lost in translation. I'd just say shoulder length? Is it that hard to
confuse? I guess if it did get confused, idk I'd try to embrace the Pixie cut. Maybe it'd be cute. If it's
off it's off, I just have to wait for it to grow back. Won't be that bad.

6) Your friend surprises you with a 4 day city break and you have 1 hour to pack. Which "do it all" palette do you pack in your make up bag? 

Probably my Too Faced Boudoir Eyes Palette. It's easy to travel with, there are a lot of different looks you can get with this. It's easy to use,  there are lots of shimmers and mattes. It's got a mirror. Can't go wrong with too faced for traveling. Lol

7) Your house has been robbed! Don't worry everyone is safe, but your beauty stash has been raided! What's the product you really hope is still there? 

Whenever anyone answers this they say "ohh my gosh make up isn't the first priority." It's true, it probably wouldn't be, but I feel like I've thought of this before. I've had my valuables stolen from a suite mate before, so I've thought realistically at college I could have my expensive make up stolen and I'm always a little nervous about my Naked 3 palette. I was a little hesitant about getting it because it is expensive and I do have that risk... But I really wanted it! I also can't really afford expensive things like is, and it was kind of stupid and impulsive that I bought it... But I love it... So yeah. Probably my favorite palette too and would hate to lose it.


8) Your friend borrows your makeup and returns it to you in an awful condition. Do you A) just pretend you haven't noticed B) ask them to repurchase it or c) secretly do the same to one of theirs. 

Lol if I thought my friend would break it I probably wouldn't lend it to them. I'm kind of accident prone, so I'd understand if they broke it. I'm sure I'm far more likely to break my own make up than any of my friends and I wouldn't make them repurchase it for me...and I definitely wouldn't purposely break anything of theirs. People that answer c don't have friends! Lol


So that's it. I didn't think I liked this tag at first, but it's entertaining enough to answer. I like these tags, so I may do more tag Thursdays like this! Hope you like it! P.s it's technically Friday now! Forgot to post this before. Ohhh well. It's only been Friday for like 45 minutes, this still counts as Thursday on the west coast... I'll have a feeling lovely Friday a little later.

Byeeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f