Skip to main content

How- To-sday: How To Be a Better Blogger

Heyyy everyone. So lately I've been kind of crazy busy and I've been trying to organize this blog a little bit better, and I feel like I'm becoming a better blogger because of it. I'm sort of just starting to get organized now, I'm writing this at the beginning of May and not posting it till the end of May to see how I did.

1) Have Themes- I have to say, my themed days have made blogging a lot easier for me. I love Man Crush Mondays, Woman Crush Wednesdays and Feeling Lovely Fridays because I know what I will have that day every week. It's just a nice thing to know that I have something to post on those days. Having other themes that aren't necessarily on a certain day is good too. I like doing my Appyness posts, my Stuff that Happened this week, I've been starting Scribbles about news, Charty Charts or Trendy Trends or whatever I call it, It lists, Scribbles about dreams, mini movie reviews and trailer reviews... it's just fun to have themes for when I may not really have an idea.

2) Schedule Your Posts- This is something I've been trying to do more of because right now it's finals week/study/write papers week at my school and everything is absolutely crazy right now. I want to make sure to have a blog on all these days just in case, so I'm trying to write everything really early. I started out planning just the first 17 days of May because I have finals and a wedding to go to, but then while I was brainstorming a lot of my ideas for that, I realized I had sooo many other ideas, so I made myself a calendar of ideas of sorts. Now there are only blogs for 7 days I don't know what to do yet... well actually I think I put down some Man Crush Monday and Women Crush Wednesdays that I haven't thought of who to write about yet, but I have general ideas of who I have a crush on and who I can write about... so it isn't too hard to come up with. I actually keep several lists, so I can keep looking... keep track of what I wrote but didn't post yet, what I started writing, and what I actually posted. It just makes things easier.

3) Don't limit yourself to the first two tips- So right now I have a lot of things planned, but obviously life is life. I may get another idea and go with that instead, I may not be able to post something when I originally want to, I could be busy or I could get sick. I didn't give myself any room to take a break during Spring Break and that was a bad idea and I ran out of blog post ideas and I didn't post for a week. That's not something I want to do often, so I took the week off that week. I also took off for a wedding of a family friend... that's kind of more about me wanting to post a Man Crush Monday for Louis Ck as my 200th post... but thats a whole other thing lol.

4) Keep track of your blog milestones and plan for them- It just makes me happy when I can write about something special too me for my milestone post. This is just something I like about my blog lol.

5) Don't be afraid to open up, but don't overshare- I feel pretty comfortable on this blog to be pretty open about who I am... but I'm not going to have every blog be a personal blog about myself. I post my opinions and I'm an opinionated person... but I'm also open-minded and I don't want my personal opinions to make you change yourself entirely... this is just an expression of myself. Feel free to agree or disagree... and I mean I blog about stupid stuff like James Franco, its not like I'm expecting huge arguments here lol.

I also won't really share any family problems or relationship type stuff here really. I don't really care if people know, but I'm private... and its not all that interesting anyway, so just take what I give you.

6) Plan for actual life events that are happening- I posted something about the upcoming wedding I'm going to and then realized "hey I can do a how to Tuesday on my Make Up and Outfit for that day...That'll be fun!" And other ideas started to blossom. This blog is about life in general, so it makes sense for me to write posts about things that happen in my life in some sort of form.


7) Always write down your ideas right away- You can handwrite them, put them on an iphone note, write them on a computer... just WRITE DOWN YOUR IDEAS IMMEDIATELY! This works really well. Maybe you can't get to doing that blog right away, but as long as you have the idea it won't expire or anything! Keep it, write it and you're good!

Alrighty that is all. This is going to be a fun thing to look back on at the end of the month and see how I did... if I failed I'm probably not going to post this... lol jk, I'll post my failures for you guys too. You can clearly see I have good intentions from this post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f