Skip to main content

Chart Chat: 3.20.17

Exciting week of the charts! I actually saw the #1 movie in America! I'll have a review of that tomorrow I think!

10) Before I Fall- Third week on the charts! This will probably be the last week of the charts... but I was hoping John Wick Chapter 2 would be off the charts by now and it clearly wasn't. Let's see what the movie is about because I never actually looked up what it was about. I just know Elena Kamporis is in it and I love her. Ohhh okay so it's scary groundhog day. I think a teenager is living her last day over and over again on February 12th... so 10 days after groundhog day. Not subtle... but it sounds like something I'll watch on TV one day...

9) John Wick Chapter 2- Ohhh great... John Wick Chapter 2 is on the charts for the 6th week in a row. Maybe I should see the first one... clearly this is a thing!

8) Hidden Figures- Lucky number 13 weeks on the chart! Still going strong! I really want to see this still. I think it's still playing around me... but probably not many times... the movie theaters around here are small... but this is great for the movie and at a great time. I feel like it's still wayyyy too late for this story being told... but it's nice to have a positive message in today's day and age. This I've mentioned many times on the charts and I have the opposite reaction to John Wick I'm like "This deserves to still be on the charts." They should play movies like this more often. Like if there were revival theaters that played movies with a good message like this, Crash, Brokeback Mountain, Get Out probably and things like that. Might be good!

7) The Belko Experiment- This is like if Saw was a social experiment. This was a movie from the Toranto Film Festival and came out there in September... so that's interesting. It's cool when a film festival film is in the top 10. Makes me want to see it a little bit... but also not really. Lol. I'm not a fan of the Saw movies or anything that's about killing but there's no real suspense. I guess Saw has suspense, but not the same as something I'd like. Not sure... don't think it would be my favorite thing.

6) The Lego Batman Movie- Lego! Batman! This movie sounded great and I still want to see it... probably won't see it in theaters, but I would love to watch it on TV. I'm excited that Will Arnett is Batman and Michael Cera is Robin... that's a great duo lol.

5) The Shack- Wanted to see this one... probably won't because it has gotten terrible reviews. It sounded like an interesting book... but a weird one and I don't know if this would be my thing. It's got a hot guy and Octavia Spencer in it though... so maybe it is. Lol.

4) Get Out- Another sad story about how I have no friends that like horror movie. I was half thinking of joining Bumble just to meet a friend that also likes horror movies and wants to see this but 1) That is an awkward friendship date 2) That seems like a way to get murdered. So yeah. Not going to do that... but I'll buy it when it's out on blu-ray.

3) Logan- I probably won't end up seeing this ever... but it looks good so hopefully I'll try sometime. Lol. I've heard good things. 3rd week on the charts. Not bad.

2) Kong: Skull Island- I tried watching the Peter Jackson King Kong this weekend... then I remembered I don't really like Adrian Brody... so yeah.

1) Beauty and The Beast- I saw this movie this weekend... hopefully I'll have a review of it tomorrow. I've been writing this blog for a long time- I just feel so distracted lol. I was like sooo excited when I started it and now I'm like "yeah. Beauty and the beast. It was amazing but I'll talk about it tomorrow." I liked that it was a musical... I feel like that's what was missing for me a bit with Cinderella and The Jungle Book. The Jungle Book did have music in it... and Cinderella the Cartoon really didn't... but this was a MUSICAL! There were more songs in this than in the cartoon... so that was pretty awesome. I'm excited to review it for you... I'm not as excited to write as I thought I would be though. Sorry lol.

So yeah... that is everything... I'm tired from babysitting today. It's hard! I'm jamming to Ed Sheeran right now and about to watch Colbert... I usually post this in like 30 minutes so I feel like I'm not meeting my deadline. Ugh... okay not interesting... I'm just going to shut up now lol.

Goodnight!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f