Skip to main content

Shannon Does Stuff! February- I post a Makeup Look Every Day on my Other Blog

So, I thought that maybe in 2017 I should try some new things and do them every day, or almost every day for that month! It could pretty much be anything... I have some ideas for the next few months... everything from doing a makeup look to watching a Spanish Soap Opera or something. Lots of ideas in the noggin'!

This wasn't something that was too different for me... I usually do makeup every day and I post it on my blog quite often... but I've never done a makeup look every single day on my blog before. They are a little bit easier to write... but it does take a little more time to take the pictures and to actually get up... so it was still challenging- and I learned a few things from it!

I had a few posts that I had pre-scheduled that I did in January and I didn't do a makeup look on Saturday... but pretty much every other day- so far- from then I did a makeup look and a quick blog post about each look! I showed my pictures of my face and my eye makeup and face makeup... and that was a little bit hard. I tried to do a variety of palettes and on Fridays I've been doing drugstore looks, on Saturdays I don't do a makeup look and on Sundays I do the Urban Decay After Dark Palette... I just got the After Dark Palette and I like it... but I felt a little uninspired with it... but now that I've used it for the month I'm liking it more!

I picked my top 5 favorite palettes and I posted them on Instagram... and I'll have a blog on that coming up sometime in the not-so distant future... I wrote it... but I wrote it with Pen and paper... and idk where it is... but that's a thing I can re-write... not a huge deal. But anyway I want to incorporate them on my other blogs that aren't Monday Musts, Frugal Fridays, or After Dark Sundays...or my non makeup post days... I think I have enough days that I can finish them up. I already wrote and took pictures for the blogs on those... so I'll probably do looks on the other ones. I did looks with the Modern Renaissance and the Lorac Unzipped... so I need the Natural Matte from Too Faced, the Peanut Butter and Jelly Palette, and the Nubian 2 palette!

Alrighty... so I will check in at the end of the month now or whenever I finish up writing this post... this isn't a thing I really planned to start doing so... I didn't really have a format to this.

End Of Month 

Alright... so that was pretty good... I didn't end up completing all of the makeup looks because I could feel that I was getting a stye... idk if stye's are always chronic... but my eye doctor said mine is... so idk how that works... but it came back for the first time since around October... so I wasn't able to finish the challenge.

I liked switching up the format of my blog a little bit. It made it easy for me to blog a lot for March... so it's a little bit easier for me this month. Every once and a while I need to change the format so that I can be a little bit more creative with things. Because right now the only format I have for that blog is Monday Musts, 1 drugstore post and one non-makeup post... and with the rest I'm a little more flexible. So this still followed that format... but it broke away from what I usually do.

What I learned 
Time management was something this kind of helped with. I would try to get my looks done 2 days before they would be posted because that left a little bit more time. Plus now I have more time to work on blogs for the future... which is great. It was time consuming to do the makeup, write about it and then making sure that I actually had a picture of it to post on the blog.

Plus... it's hard to take pictures and actually be happy with them. I only do it in natural daylight or in my bathroom... it's just a little time consuming to do makeup, take pictures, and then schedule and post the blog... usually I didn't do that all at once, I just kind of let that part slide until later... but then that got tricky because I'd have to remember what I was wearing and match it up.

I don't think I'm going to do this spontaneously any more... I'm thinking of doing "Top 5s" in every different category for eye palettes and then doing 5 looks with them for a month... but that will be in the distant future... so look out for the year 2000 for that... props if you like Flight of The Conchords...

That is everything! Hope you guys like this! Next month I'll be watching movies... and I've just found out that the Indiana Jones movies are on Amazon Prime and I've never seen ANY of them... so I'm excited. It's 11:30 though... I haven't watched anything and I'm a little bit bummed out about that because I really like watching movies.

OHHHH and if you want to see these blog posts here is my beauty blog.


Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f