Skip to main content

Chart Chat 3.3-3.5.17 and 3.10-3.12.17

So this is going to be a little different. I didn't do a chart chat last week... so I'll show that box office quickly and then we'll go to the current box office! I'll just show 1-10 and maybe I'll make some comments.

Last Week's Box Office (3.3-3.5) 
1) Logan- New Wolverine movie... first week on the charts
2) Get Out- last week's #1 movie.
3) The Shack- 1st week on the chart
4) The Lego Batman movie- 4th week at #4!
5) John Wick Chapter 2- 4th week.
6) Before I fall- this movie has Elena Kamporis- my Greek cousin from MBFGW2. Idk if she's really my cousin...but she's probably my cousin.
7) Hidden Figures- This movie has been out for 11 weeks! Clearly people wanted to know this story!
8) The Great Wall- 3rd week on the charts.
9) Fifty Shades Darker- 4th week
10) La La Land- 13th week since its release date!

Current Top 10 
10) Fifty Shades Darker- So this got bad reviews... it's been on the charts since it was released back around Valentine's day... but it's fallen from the top charts pretty quickly... so I have a feeling this will be it's final week on the charts... maybe not... but there are some other things coming out soon. Beauty and The Beast I think will push it out of the way. Never read the book... I'm sure the book is a little bit sexier... but yeah. This seemed like people are bored with the 50 shades series already.

9) La La Land- Not Best Picture Winner, but another one that's been doing very well on the charts since it's been opened in a wide release... so it's done pretty well! And why wouldn't it be! It's got Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone in it and they are both AMAZING! Odd that this was below 50 Shades Darker last week and this week it is ahead of the chart... but I can see why.

8) John Wick Chapter 2- More John Wick... I don't think this will be it's final week on the chart. I think it'll be out next week somewhere in the charts... but it'll disappear eventually and I will never have to try to connect with this movie again! Lol. Thank goodness I don't have to mention The Great Wall this week! Lol.

7) Hidden Figures- Still doing strong... still haven't seen it. It's probably amazing... how could it not be amazing! Octavia Spencer is in it! Lol. It's such a great story and I'm excited to see this one at some point in time and I'm sure I'll do a blog on it on the Feminist Blog!

6)Before I fall- Still number 6 on the charts! I'm excited for Elena Kamporis because she's in this movie and she seems super nice and I'm a fan of hers!

5) The Lego Batman Movie- Still on the Charts! This has been out as long time too, it's been on the charts for as long as 50 Shades Darker... so that's a while! And it's still holding strong in the top 5. There aren't really that many family movies out... so that probably has something to do with it Slipped one spot from last week... but still.

4) The Shack- I've heard bad reviews of this movie... I think I'll probably see it because my mom read the book and she wants to see it. It's getting bad reviews I think... but again Octavia Spencer is in it... how bad can it really be? The guy that stars in it is also very hot... so yeah. I have a feeling this will be on the charts for a while... not just because it's a book- but also it's a religious movie so churches might be seeing it as a group and it's near easter and I think that it'll be charting till easter... so hopefully I'll see this so that I don't have to say how hot the star of the movie is every week... lol.

3) Get Out- One of the best reviewed movies of the year according to the commercials... well actually according to the commercials it is the best reviewed movie of the year... but after Logan came out I'm not exactly sure if that still holds true... but I think this will probably be recognized and talked about for years to come. It's Jordan Peel's directorial film debut and he is a comedian that made an incredible thriller movie... so that's a thing. He also invented a genre with this really. It's a social commentary as well as a thriller... and that is something really cool. It looks great and I'm excited to someday see this. I don't think anyone I know really likes thrillers so I'll probably wait till the DVD... which is sad because I hear this is one you need to see on a big screen and I almost want to see it by myself... but I think it'll be a good movie on DVD too... sometimes its scarier in your own house to watch a scary movie...so maybe it'll be more scary that way... maybe I'll get it on blu ray and watch it on one of our big screened tvs... lol. It looks good and I want to see it!

2) Logan- I'm not that into X Men movies... the only "X Men" movie that I've seen is Deadpool and I don't really think that counts... I do really want to see this movie though because it sounds like it's about more than Wolverine. To me it sounds great and like Hugh Jackman really put his all into this performance and that he's really really proud of this movie.

1) Kong: Skull Island- My mom wants to see this movie... I'm not all that interested in it... Idk if this is 4 hours long like the original Kong and I think that is what's turning me off... but I'm also not seeing this franchise. I've heard they're trying to do a King Kong vs Godzilla movie next... and neither one of those franchises have really worked... so I don't know how it'll do... but it might not be terrible... but I'm not interested in it at the time.

Hope this was helpful! I've been loving doing these weekly and I sort of still liked having the 2 weeks ... but idk if that's going to happen again frequently. Lol. I just didn't have time for it last week with all that I was writing and this just kind of fell off the list of important things to do... so I decided to combine the two weeks and that might be what I keep on doing for this.

Byee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f