Skip to main content

Stuff that happened this week (7/3-7/9)

1) Flawless Remix mentions Solange's Elevator Scuffle- I kind of thought this was stupid, but this was all over the news Monday morning when my dog woke me up. In Beyoncé's new remix there is a line addressing the elevator fight between Solange and Jay Z. It says "of corse some shit goes down when you've got a billion dollars in the elevator." Which is weird because if I had a billion dollars... I don't think I'd pick fights with people. I don't think this fight was anything and I guess the song is mentioning like "it was nothing. In laws fight." They don't usually fight like that, but everything is okay now... We don't need to talk more about this. 

2) Big Bang Theory Stars get Giant Pay Raise- This is no surprise to me since it is the #1 comedy on television and they renewed it for the next 3 or 4 seasons I think... And of corse the show won't work without Leonard, Penny or Sheldon so they needed to give them some more money. A lot more money... Like more money than the show kind of deserves. It's funny and it's appealing to everyone but at the same time... It's not parks and rec or community or anything like that. But yeah good for them and hopefully Kaley Cuokou signed some prenups... I mean her and her husband are adorable and all but... Celebrities get divorced a lot so yeah. 

3) Glamour Magazine shows pictures of Olivia Wilde breast feeding her son- I really like that a magazine like "glamour" shows that there is glamour in everyday things women do. Olivia Wilde is just feeding her son like any normal mom would do, and that is beautiful in itself and it should be featured in magazines like this. I always think things like these are a little weird, like any sort of nude magazine cover with a pregnant woman is a little... Odd but yeah. It's beautiful to show that it is glamorous to be a mother. 

4) News Reporter resigns after shoplifting scandal- this was another news story I heard on Good Morning America when my dog woke me up early. Apparently some reporter, who has won Emmys for her work was accused of shoplifting with her boyfriend. I don't remember the name or where this reporter worked for, but it's crappy when award-winning journalists do bad crap like this. Lol like they're supposed to be someone we can trust but they are just as bad as the bad guys too! Anyway she did resign from her job which makes it sound more suspicious.

5) Fans sign petition to get Weird Al to play the Super Bowl halftime show- I'm all for this. I signed the petition and I support comedy and especially weird Al because he is awesome and funny and amazing. Really would love to see him win the Super Bowl... Okay I know he won't actually be playing the game... But that would be funny! 

6) Netflix says Yes to Season 5 of Arrested Development-  I kind of knew this would happen because I heard the Nerdist interview with Mitch Hurwitz and it seemed very definite. They're just saying it's a matter of when now. It'll be good! I'm excited. I know season 4 got mixed reviews, but I liked it and I liked Rebel Ally's character and I think it'll be exciting. 

7)The Interview Release Date pushed to December- I guess well be ready for WW3 by then? Not sure the logic here I'm bummed because I wanted to see this for my birthday and now I guess I'll have to see Gone Girl instead. Lol. I have a strong feeling this won't be released at all... But I don't see what the damage is. It's already made, it can't be as offensive as Team America and that happened still... Idk lol. It sounds like a good movie to me but I have a feeling there will be backlash to it getting released. 

8) Lonely Island Movie is Happening- if you can't tell by now... I really like comedy bands and if this movie is anything like Garfunkel and Oates or Flight of The Conchords... It will be awesome! I'm excited, Judd Apatow is producing it. It will be funny! 

That's about it for this week. I may not have a trueblood post till Monday... But we shall see. 

Byeeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f