Skip to main content

Charts! August 4th 2014

Let's see the top 5 movies and songs this week and I will let you know how I feel about them. 

Movies

5) Dawn of The Planet of The Apes-(8.7 mil this week)- i don't think you could pay me to be interested in any of these movies. This is a sequel to a second reboot and none of these sound like good movies to me. I actually started watching Rise of The Planet of The Apes a few hours ago and it's boring shit. I'm never going to care about apes uprising and taking the planet unless it happens in real life... Which I doubt it will. 

James Franco is not though, which is the only reason I started watching it in the first place. Lol. 

4) Hercules (11 million this week)- Another film I have little interest in if it isn't animated. Too action-y. It's not right that one of the top paid actors is The Rock. Just not right. 

3) Get on Up (opening weekend 13.6 million)- this isn't doing to bad for a non- action movie in the summer time. I think this movie actually looks like it's really good. I like that it's a real story instead of based off of fictional singers like in Dreamgirls... Not like I didn't like Dreamgirls... But still. It's all very obviously based off of real singers, it just kind of distracts from the story other than that. Also it was produced by actual musicians, so it should be actually good. The commercials sound really good. I want to see this movie, but I don't love seeing musicals in the summer. Is that weird? Even though it's more of a biopic... Idk not my thing for the summer time. Love it during the winter, there's just something about it in the summer that I do not like. 

2) Lucy (this week 18.3 million)- This is a movie I think looks really interesting. I want to see it in theaters because I don't think I'll pay attention to it at home and it looks really good and it will be something that would hold my interest... But it's hard to see a movie like this for the first time at home you know? There are other things to do at home and movie watching isn't always my first interest. Scarlett Johansenn also isn't my favorite actress, but she does a good job as an action hero. 

1) Guardians of the Galaxy (94.3 Million opening weekend)- Wowww! Just wow. That's a lot of money, this is a marvel movie, but I feel like it's sort of Marvel's underdog type of movie. I like that they are getting more into comedies like this and Ant Man. I wonder if they'll reboot Howard The Duck now that they have success with this. Lol hopefully not. It's also worth mentioning that this just came out and it's already made more money than Lucy and Hercules which have been out for a long time. I'm happy for Chris Pratt because he worked really hard for this role and lost a lot of weight. Plus he was away from his Parks and Rec family, which was particularly hard for Nick Offerman. Apparently they have a weird relationship and they send each other pics of their poop of something like that. I will never understand guys. But that's a thing and it's quite a bond to have with someone. I also really want to see this movie even though I'm not one for Marvel movies or Animated Cgi things with real people. This looks good and funny and has Chris Pratt. 

Music - iTunes 

5) MAGIC with Rude- still not a fan. This gets stuck in my head for forever though. I thought this would be the song of the summer, but I think people are just as annoyed as I am with it. So yeah there's that. Also I just realized it's about a guy asking the father of a girl to marry his daughter. There was another song like this (that was way better) called "If you could only see"by a band called tonic. Apparently the singers parents disapproved of the woman he was marrying, so he wrote this song to prove to them that they can't understand how this woman loves him. It's a good song, but it turns out the parents were right and the couple got divorced. So I don't have high hopes for this couple either. 

4) Maroon 5 with Maps- not my favorite. There are some songs that seem like bullshit and this is one of those songs lol. Also who uses maps? Why does no one in Marroon 5 have updated technology. Seriously they were using pay phones last year to call this girl, now they're finding her with a map. If he invested in an Iphone he could call her more conveniently and use google maps or a gps of something else. Also this song just plain sucks in general. And I kind of like Maroon 5. 

3) Nicki Minaj with Anaconda- I'm just listening to the sample on iTunes... This is easily my favorite Nicki Minaj song ever. This is pretty awesome. I like it. I love that it uses snippets of Baby Got Back. It's just a cool song. Nicki Minaj is probably one of the best rappers. I just like her. 

2) Megan Trainor with All about that Bass- I've been hearing about this song a lot. Hello giggles just did a post on songs with a positive body image and I think this has a really good one. It's super catchy too. As someone with a bit of a booty who has recently gained a little extra Shannon recently... I feel empowered by this. I quite like it! 

1) Jessie J and Ariana Grande with Bang Bang- This song should be called "I have Pop-Pop in the attic or something because it's clearly about sex and Ariana Grande is very young and just saying bang bang is quite immature and just... I feel kind of icky if I pay too close attention to the lyrics. This seems like it should be on the Shark Tale soundtrack. Yes, Shark Tale is a really old movie... That's how this song feels to me though. It's a Shark Tale Era hit and if it was on the Shark Tale soundtrack I would probably like it 10 times better. (Random: did you know Shark Tale was written by Comedy Bang Bang's Scott Auckerman????) So yeah weird song but catchy. Also Nicki Minaj is in here too because Ariana Grande and Jessie J can't make a song by themselves. It's not bad but it would fit better on the Shark Tale soundtrack. 

That's it! Let me know if I should listen to these songs or see these movies. 
BYEEEE! didn't mean to hit caps there! 

-Shannon 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f