Skip to main content

August 2014:It List!

1) The Princess Diaries books- This was my favorite book series as a child, I did a whole Throwback Thursday post on this a little whole ago. I think it's absolutely brilliant. Even as an adult,it's still really funny! It's so much different reading these now, which again I talked a lot about in my Throwback Thursday so I don't want to repeat myself. I can also read these a lot quicker now and I don't have to wait months for the next book, so it's a little less annoying that way too. 

These are also put together nicely. They have the regular larger books, but they have mini books like "project princess" Valentine Princess" "The Princess Present" and "Sweet 16 Princess" that will be fun to read around their corresponding holidays. Right now I'm reading them in the order they're supposed to be in and then I'll probably pick up the holiday themed ones at the holidays also. 

2) Cool Ranch Doritos-  I probably haven't had these in years. I used to prefer the Nacho Cheese ones, but my mom thought I liked cool ranch and bought me that by mistake... And I figured I would give it another try. And I love it! I'm totally addicted! 

3) Salted Caramel Brownie Brittle- I've talked about Brownie Brottle before, and it is amazing. I didn't think there would ever be a better snack... But then I tried the Salted Caramel kind and they are even better! They have these at Costco and in smaller bags at Hallmark... But trust me you'll want the bigger bag, it's so good it is worh the costco membership! It's just sooo sooo yummy! 

4) Guardians of The Galaxy- I already have a review of this movie, but really it is awesome! I've already been in love with Chris Pratt since Parks and Rec first started, and now I love him even more. He is just soo good in it. And the other characters are really good too! I thought it would be weird with the talking tree and raccoon and the green and blue people, but it is completely amazing! It's like Star Wars with a kickass soundtrack that is funnier also... Just sooo soo good! I kind of want to see it again! 

5) Weird Al- I obviously love Weird Al, I signed the petition to get him to the Super Bowl, I've been obsessed with all of his new videos, I've probably watched trapped in the drive through about a hundred times by now..and I just really like him right now. I love that he's the first #1 comedy album on iTunes...he's just too too funny and great. One of the funniest people ever! 

6) Garfunkel and Oates- This is a new tv show based off of a web comedy-folk duo made up of two awesomely funny ladies: Rikki Lindhome and Kate Micucci. It's a little like a female flight of the Conchords, but they are completely different shows. They're their own thing, not just a copy but if you like Flight of The Conchords, you'll probably like this. I youtubed some of their other songs also and I'm obsessed. All around great. They have some great guest stars on the show also, weird al is even going to be on it! Such a fun show! I will definitely be watching it and maybe I'll even do a full review soon! 

7) VS Fantasies Vanilla Lace- I've tried this as a body wash before and I loved it, and I had a coupon for a free vs fantasies spray and I knew what I was getting right away! I love this because it's a warmer type of vanilla fragrance that has a bit of a musk... Not really a musk but a more warmer scent to it than most. It's a great fall scent and I know I'll be using it a lot! 

8) My New Leather Jacket- I just got this from New York and Company. I had been wanting one since I started working there, and now I finally caved and got one! I was going to get a brown one, but the black goes with everything and someone bought the last Brown one in my size lol. I love it so much! I haven't gotten use out of it yet, but I love just looking at it, and I know when it gets cooler, I'll be wearing it all the time! 

9) Black Cherry Merlot hand soap- This is a hand soap obsession? Kind of random but the scent is so nice and it linger a little bit. It doesn't smell like Merlot, just like a black cherry candy. It's super delicious and not overpowering. I just really like it! 

10) Auntie Anne's Pretzel Nuggets- i work right across from an Auntie Anne's of corse I'm always obsessed with these pretzel nuggets! They have some new flavors too. I've tried the Pepperoni and the Almond...and they're a little weird, not going to lie but I like them. The almond isn't as good as the almond pretzel and the Pepperoni I was surprised I liked the pepperoni and it seems like that would work better as a pretzel too... But overall I really liked it. They also taste good microwaved. In my microwave, 13 seconds is perfect. 10 isn't enough and 15 burns them, but 13 is just fine. I would only do it after a day, or just later that night... But overall super good! 

That is all that is it for this month. These are some really it things and I'm super into all of them. Just thought I'd point that out lol. 

BYEEEE! 
-Shannon 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f