Skip to main content

Scribbles About Movies: Let's Be Cops Review

So I just saw Let's Be Cops, I had been looking forward to seeing it for a long time and I was super excited because it's probably the last thing that I really wanted to see this summer and it's exciting. 

I thought it was really good. It wasn't like the funniest cop comedy that is out there, but overall I really thought it was just a plain good movie. It was different than a lot of other comedies, and I liked that. I thought the director made sort of interesting choices that built the suspense of the story, but it also kept it from being too much of an action movie. It was different than a lot of comedies, but it was good. I looked the director up on IMDB after and he also directed The Girl Next Door and Something Borrowed. Something Borrowed may be the worst movie I've ever seen in my life, but it got him to direct this which was good. He was probably misplaced directing a romantic dramedy and would be better doing an actual comedy. This is the opposite of the problem I had with The Other Woman, where the director shouldn't have been directing a comedy at all. Very technical stuff, but it's something I wanted to throw in there that made sense. 

Another thing I really liked about this movie is that it's not quite like anything else that is out. There are so many action comedies about cops, but this was actually not like any of those other movies. I thought it would be like 21 Jump Street or The Heat, but it wasn't really like those. It was kind of a mix between the Buddy-Cop Comedies of the 90s and 2000s that Martin Lawrence was in (he was in a lot of cop movies) and the cop comedies of today that are more comedy than cop movies. I hope that makes some sense? Lol that's the only way I can think of describing it. 

Jake Johnson and Damon Wayans Jr also do a great job together. They're great on New Girl and obviously they have a lot of fun working together, so this movie did feel realistic in the sense that it was 2 friends hanging out and having a good time. It was slightly unrealistic in the actual storyline, so I think that the relationship between the two of them is what really kept the story alive. If it was two guys that were uncomfortable together, that would be a lot different. It's also great that they were both comedy guys on the same level of fame. There are so many cop movies that have one comedy guy (or girl) and one action superstar that it again makes it more realistic that they are both on the same level and both of them are being funny. It's not like there's one hot one and one funny one, they're both funny and hot so it makes sense lol. 

The minor roles in this movie were funny too. Probably the funniest of all was Keegan Michael Key's part. His character was just soo soo funny and you could barely understand what he was saying, but it was just so good and funny, that was probably the biggest LOL joke in the movie. Natasha Leggero was really funny in it too, even though her character wasn't in it for very long. And Rob Riggle was funny in it too! I thought he actually toned down his "funny" a little bit so that we could focus on the more serious aspects of the movie, and he is a really brilliant comedian to do that. 

Overall I really liked the movie, I'm glad I saw it in theaters. It's something you probably don't absolutely HAVE to see in theaters, but it's August and nothing good is out really, so if you want to get out there and see something funny and cheerful, this is a great movie to see. 

That's about it for today! Let me know what you think! 

Byeeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f