Skip to main content

Stuff That Happened This Week: (8/24-8/31)

1) Kid Poisoned at Dairy Queen- This story pissed me off because it just shows how careless people are stupid and careless. Apparently some little kid was almost poisoned at a Dairy Queen because somebody put their ice cream inside of an already used container that was in the sink. And apparently it was used for some cleaning solution or something. Didn't fully understand that... But whatever. It was careless and stupid and the employee should have known better. The employee was REPRIMENDED, but not fired. People have been fired for far less than this, so it pisses me off that they weren't fired for nearly killing a child. I just don't think it's right. 

2) Miley Cyrus helps the homeless at the VMAs- in a great uplifting news story that should have gotten wayyyyy more attention than her Twerking last year, Miley Cyrus brought a young homeless man to the VMAs in order to raise awareness for the homeless and runaway youths. He accepted Miley's VMA for video of the year and the two went to in and out after the show. It was very nice of her to help and bring someone less fortunate to the Award ceremony with her. She donated money to a foundation also to help. Overall she did a good thing in an industry that often forgets. The VMAs always seem like such a vain display of fame and wealth to me, and I'm happy she is using her fame not to gain exposure for herself, but for an actual good cause. Good for you Miley! 

3) Full House Revival in the works- It was announced this week that there may be some kind of revival or renewal for the Full House family. Honestly... I'm not crazy about full house. I used to love it... But I've seen it all now and I'm kind of tired of it. I'd rather see something original than a bunch of revivals of shows from the 90s. I don't really love the show and it's not cute now that everyone is an adult? Plus Mary Kate and Ashley are two different people now and they only play one girl on the show... And I don't like the Olsen Twins now. 

How weird would it be if they started remaking every Mary Kate and Ashley movie with the Olsen Twins NOW. That would be creepy as hell. Instead of being for young girls it would probably be for creepy bald men in their 50s. Ewwww. 

4) Martin Scorscesse to direct HBO Shutter Island Series- This sounds exciting. I've never actually seen the movie or read the book... But I have the book and I'm going to read it I think one day. Lol. I like the idea of this being a series. Although I heard that Swamplandia was supposed to be a series a long time ago and I haven't heard anything more about that since... But yeah. This seems good and if Martin Scorscesse is directing it, it should be especially good. Maybe Leo Dicaprio will win an Emmy instead of an Oscar. 

5) Donald Glover to voice spider man in a new Disney cartoon- Finally! The captain of the Childish Tycoon will get to be Spider Man! He would have been wayyy better than Andrew Garfield... But then again Andrew may not have met Emma Stone. Although I'm sure they would have met, they're soul mates! They're destined to be together! Anyhoo yeah Donald Glover is Spider-Man and that is cool! 

6) Tony Soprano Alive?- Soooo recently someone was bothering the creator of The Sopranos asking if Tony Soprano was still alive or if he had died at the restaurant. The creator said "yeah, he's alive" but I think it was more because he was bothered than because that's what actually happened. I mean I guess if I created a series I would tell the ending I knew... But I think the point of the ambiguous ending is so that you choose the ending yourself. I thought Tony lived when I first saw it, but I hadn't seen every single episode. Also back in the day there were rumors of a movie, but unfortunately James Gandolfini's death put that to a rest I think. I now think it's less exciting that he lives. I don't know, I may actually watch the series and see what I think now, which I guess is why this is good exposure for. 

7) Hello Kitty is not a cat- I don't really care what other people say... She's a cat. They're saying she's just a girl named Kitty but no, she's a fucking cat. Nothing else in the world makes sense. Hello Kitty is a cat! Her name is Kitty she has goddamn whiskers! What girls do you know that have whiskers. 

Also it's a little sexist that she's a human now. On her profile it says she's 5 Apples Tall but weighs only 3 Apples. Plus her favorite food is Apple Pie, so clearly she eats a lot of apples. And she doesn't have a mouth! Is that the Male way of silencing us as Women!!! Jk I really like hello kitty... But this human thing makes me question everything. 

8) Zach Galifinakis and Louis Ck to have new series together- The two funniest men ever very likely are now in the works to make a new tv show starring Zach about clowns! It sounds like a great show already, just because of the duo of the two of them! I'm excited for the two of them to do many more things together. I'd like it if they toured together. They're both so different but I think they would work wonderously. 

9) Friends Pop Up Central Perk to open in Soho- yes! From September 17th-October 18th there will be an actual Central Perk for fans of Friends to visit. They're even including some of the original furniture like the iconic orange couch. I'm definitely going to go. Probably what I'm going to do for my Birthday which is October 16th. 

10) Cops Crew Member Shot- While filming an episode of cops a crew member was shot and killed by the person that the cops were arresting I suppose. I was kind of shocked when I heard this because I kind of thought it was all fake. But I'm also not that surprised because they're in dangerous situations and they should have kind of expected this. It's not right to have this on television really and innocent people can clearly be hurt because of this show. My thoughts go out to his friends and family and it's a really sad thing that it happened. 

11) Joan Rivers now in a medically induced Coma after Complications during surgery- This is such sad news and my thoughts and prayers really go out to Joan Rivers and her family and friends. I really admire Joan Rivers and I have always sort of looked up to her and I think she's amazing and incredibly funny. I really hope that she recovers  and makes fun of this whole situation. It's really scary because it was a very normal procedure she was going through, she was even expected to perform in Red Bank afterwards, and now she's on life support and I think she's in a medically induced coma. She went into cardiac arrest during the surgery and she couldn't breathe,I think I forgot to mention that. I really hope she recovers so that she can laugh at all of this. 

12) Netflix Renews Bojack Horseman- This is the best news of the week I think. It was a pretty shitty news week quite honestly, but this is a nice little gem. I really love Bojack Horseman. I have a review on it, and I love that Netflix renews shows right away. Its really nice for the viewers and it's gotta be good for the creators also! 

BYEEEE! 
-Shannon 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f