Skip to main content

Stuff That Happened This Week (8/17/14-8/23/14)

1) Emma Stone to replace Michelle Williams on Cabaret-I kind of want to see this now... But there are actually a few broadway plays I want to see now, so I'm not sure about it! I love Michelle Williams and I think she's beautiful and brilliant and I also love Emma Stone and think the same thing. I have no idea what Caberet is about actually, but the people in it sound so good that it makes me want to see it! I also think she's a good singer, just from that scene in Easy A. Actually that song was very Cabaret-like I can totally see her in it!

2) Chris Pratt dresses as Star Lord fr patients at a Children's Hospital- How adorable is that!!! I love Chris Pratt, but I always think it's really special when they dress up as their characters and they do things like that for children's hospital, or just visit patients in hospitals also. Like Christian Bale and Bradley Cooper have done. It's nice and I bet he really brought a lot of joy to the kids who are in the hospital. They probably thought it was soo cool to meet a Guardian of The Galaxy! That is extremely heroic! 

3) David Yates to direct Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them- David Yates and JK Rowling just go together so this makes sense to me. It makes me wonder if this series will have a darker start to it than the first few Harry Potter movies did. I would have liked to see Chris Columbus direct one of these movies. That's just me though. I guess we already know the wonderous side of the world of the movie though, so this makes sense too. Anyway yeah, I'm just excited about this movie! 

4) Several Celebrities have done Ice Bucket Challenges to Raise Awareness and Money to ALS- Several Celebrities have done different versions of the Ice Bucket Challenge to raise the awareness for ALS. Among them: Former President George W. Bush, saying it was unpresidential and that he was just going to write a check, and then his wife dumps the bucket on his head. Ben Affleck did the challenge and said he wanted Matt Damon, Neil Patrick Harris, Jimmy Kimmel and The Lady with The Bucket (his wife Jennifer Garner) to do it next. He then jumped into his pool and took Jennifer Garner with him! Too cute. Kermit the frog did it and explained it was dangerous because he was an amphibian and the cold water could stop his heart. He is also the first celebrity to do the challenge naked. Chris Pratt did it, Nick Offerman, James Franco, Selena Gomez, Zac Effron, Rob Pattinson, Tom Hiddelston. My high school principle did it, along with several of teachers at my high school. It's a good cause and I know there is some backlash to this, as there is with everything... But I think it's good and for a good cause. I know people that have died of ALS and it is something that there should be more awareness for.

Also I was going to do this as another story but 50 Cent challenged Floyd Mayweather to read a page of Harry Potter and then he will donate to whatever charity Floyd wants. He dumped the bucket of Ice onto the ground...this I think is stupid because it isn't raising money or awareness... And I have a feeling it won't end up happening. 

5) Every Simpsons Ever is on FXX for the next 12 Days- I feel like this may just be the longest television marathon ever. I was never a big fan of the Simpsons, my mom didn't let me watch it. I'm slightly upset that they won't be showing Arrested Development or Parks and Rec for the next 12 Days... Well I guess 11 or 10 days by the time I post this, but whatever. I just watched a couple of episodes from an earlier season I suppose. Pretty funny. The guy that voices Principle Wartz in Hey Arnold was in one episode and the other I watched had Danny Devito as the voice of Homer's Half Brother... It's a funny show. It's no Bobs Burgers, but I like it. 

6) Breaking Bad Reunion... Sort of- Aaron Paul and Bryan Kranston have reunited for a promo for the Emmy's that are going to be on on Monday. It's a super funny spoof of Pawn Stars where Julia Louie Dryfuss tries to sell one of her Emmy's. She mentions it's a supporting role and Aaron Paul agrees with her that supporting roles are just as important as leading roles... It's so funny. The end is probably my favorite part. It's the best promo ever and anyone that likes Breaking Bad will love it! 

7) Nick Cannon and Mariah Carey maybe might be living apart- I kind of doubt this one. Actually I really doubt this one, and it might just be because I'm slightly in love with Nick Cannon. This is just a "sources say" type of news... But it's still news nonetheless. I don't believe it at all. Nick Cannon absolutely loves her. He was just on an internet show called "celebrities react" where they reacted to a promposal video where a nerd promposes to Kate Upton and they asked what celebrity they would want to promposes too and he said Mariah Carey. He actually did say that he loved Mariah Carey when he was a kid and that he wanted to marry her and eventually he did and he said he's the luckiest man in the world. And he's just always been the most romantic husband, especially celebrity husband ever! He is just so soo cute and romantic that I think I've totally fallen in love with him! Lol. I hope they're still together and if they aren't... I may just marry Nick Cannon. Just sayin. 

8) Julianne Hough named new host to Dancing with The Stars- I have no idea who she is... I think she's a dancer but I thought she was a star. She's returning because she felt that it was home for her and she's won 2 mirror balls and now she's judging others. I guess that makes sense, she knows what it's like to be on the show and the type of pressure that they are under. Plus she knows what they should be doing, what they shouldn't be doing. I don't watch the show, but my friend is a Music major in college and she's been taught to listen for bad notes when she's hearing bands play and stuff and she will actually react to a bad note and stuff. Not in a bad way, she understands but it's something she notices because she knows the music world. That's how I think she will judge hopefully. Also her brother is going to be on it this year... So that's interesting. 

9) Snl Announcer Don Pardo dies at the age of 96- One of the most legendary voices in Hollywood has passed on this week. He had announced SNL from the beginning of the show and remained the announcer for every season except for the 81-82 season. He retired from NBC in 2004, but Lorne Michaels asked him to do three more episodes, then five more episodes and then he continued to announce. He recorded his later introductions at his own home in Tuscon. He was also on an episode of 30 Rock. He apparently announced TGS as well, although he couldn't quite get the names of Tracey and Jenna right lol. He and his voice will certainly be missed. 

This has also got me repicturing the Gates of Heaven. I think he probably announces the new angels in heaven, and then you get greeted by Ed McMan and Johnny Carson interviews you with all the great things you've done. Maybe, just maybe lol. And then you meet God and all of that I guess... But I like the idea of Johnny Carson interviewing you too. 

10) 378 people "Pay it forward" in line at a Starbucks Drive Thru- One person in a Starbucks line did something nice and paid for the person in back of her in line (I think they said it was a woman). Well don't you know it, 378 more people did the same exact thing! I love this kind of news! It's just so nice to hear about people being nice and stuff! There needs to be more news like this and more people like this! 

Bonus News: Creative Arts Emmy's Announced Already! Winners include Bob's Burgers for Outstanding Animated Program, Fargo for miniseries, True Detective for Casting in a Drama Series, OITNB for Casting in a comedy, Alison Janney for Dramatic guest star in Masters of Sex, Uzo Aduba for OITNB  for Guest actress in a comedy. Good job guys! 

Also Nick Cannon has confirmed his split from Mariah Carey sadly enough. 

And last but not least Rachel Dratch is going to Pawnee! The Actress just confirmed she will be joining Parks and Recreation for it's final season. Megan Mullaly and The woman that played Tom Haverford's girlfriend Lucy are returning for the final season. Yayyy Parks and Rec news!!!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f