Skip to main content

Throwback Thursday: Top 10 Favorite Will and Grace Moments/episodes/ characters

You guys know I love Will and Grace- so I thought I'd share my top 10 moments from the show. I'm going to try to put these in some sort of order... but I think it'll be kind of hard.

10) The Guest Stars- I think it's probably impossible to even think of Will and Grace without thinking of all the amazing guest stars that they've had throughput the years. Janet Jackson, Jennifer Lopez, Minnie Driver, John Cleese, Britney Spears, Madonna, Demi Moore, Kevin Bacon, Matt Damon, Glen Close... those are just some of the amazing guest stars they have... the one that sticks out the most of corse is Cher... Her first appearance on the show is one of the most memorable moments from watching it as a kid. Jack had no idea it was Cher, Jack's idol, and he says he can do a better Cher Impression... but he can't because it's Cher! Lol. And then he faints. It's just so funny.

9) Anything Rosario Says!- Rosario is one of the funniest characters of all time... let alone just on the show. Her dynamic with all of the characters is just so great. My dad will even sit and watch if Rosario is on... and that's kind of a big deal. Lol. I couldn't even pick one Rosario moment because they're all just so great.

8) The Hospital Show- This is an episode of the show in one of the first seasons where Stan, Karen's husband is in the Hospital for what they think is a heart attack. Will, Grace, Jack and Rosario are all taking bets as to who Karen will open up to first. Karen finds out about the bet and even though Stan is fine- she and the doctors all continue messing with her friends to try and get back at them. My favorite part is when she gets Grace to donate blood and the nurse taking the blood is very young and Grace is her first patient. I think this is the first episode of Will and Grace that I ever actually saw and it was memorable. It's also really sweet at the end when Karen finally does open up and Grace walks in... really good episode!

7) Will and Grace as friend soulmates- So I had a bunch of moments written down here that kind of follow the same theme... so I'm just going to combine them all into one moment because they kind of build off each other. The first one is the flashback to when Will and Grace are dating and Will proposes to Grace and then comes out of the closet... that whole episode was just really funny. Then we have the episode... I think when Grace and Leo get married and her and Will talk on the roof of wherever they are and Grace says how she and will used to say they would spend the rest of their lives together when they were dating, and they did spend the rest of their lives together... I honestly don't remember the entire quote but I remember it enough that it was really sweet and fits into this theme.

Then we have where Grace meets the only woman that Will has slept with and discovers she's also dated Leo... this episode doesn't really have the same message... but I like how it fit into all these other episodes and that is definitely one of the funniest and most awkward episodes.

And last but not least in the finale where Will and Grace are sitting on a couch the day before their kids get married... it's just such a fitting end to the show and I'm a little sad that they aren't honoring that end in this new series.

6) Jack finding his father and Jack becoming a father- I liked the early episodes when Jack found out that his father that raised him wasn't his actual father... and his quest to find his father was also really well done. They really made it heart filled but also just as funny. One of the things I remember most from the show is Jack singing "Poppa Can You Hear Me" from Yentl... it's funny. And then it ends with Jack finding out he has a son- and THAT provides us with some great moments! Jack is such a proud father, and it's just so funny to see the least mature character on the show take on the biggest responsibility. The episode with Rosie O'Donnel is really funny. His dance routine at Elliot's School dance... it's all just really funny.

5) Beverly Leslie/ Smitty the Bartender- I couldn't really choose between these two... sooo they're both here! Beverly Leslie is probably the best. He's so funny... any episode he's been on he's just been so funny and really really good! I feel like I should applaud when the audience applauds... that's how funny he always in. Especially in the finale when he marries jack and then a gust of wind blows him off of the balcony... Just so so funny. I really hope he returns.

And then we have Smitty the Bartender. Karen always asks him for advice when she has a problem... Smitty always responds with some terrible story about his wife dying or something horrible that happened to him and his family... and Karen would just crack up laughing and think that he was telling a joke. I always laugh automatically whenever he's on.

4) Will Introducing Jack as His Best Friend- In one of the first episodes Jack goes to Will's gym and Will is embarrassed by Jack. He uses a slur to describe Jack's behavior and Jack hears it and is obviously very upset about Will saying that to him. Will eventually sees what a good person and a good friend Jack has been to him- and his behavior is well... Just Jack! So he apologizes to Jack, says he admires how Jack is so comfortable with who he is and that he helped Will discover who he was as well... and in the end Will introduces Jack to a client. It's a really sweet and endearing moment that was so early on in the series and raises a lot of important issues for the Gay community. Will and Grace has been praised for handling real issues like this throughout the series... and they did so in the funniest manner ever. 

Bonus: when Will and Jack kissed on live TV! 

3) Grace designs the Barney's Store Window and Jack thinks Santa did it- This is my favorite episode- it's called Jingle Balls I think and it's a Christmas episode where Jack is hired to design the Window display for Barney's. He has Karen dressed up in a scantily clad Santa Costume as "Santa's Ho Ho Ho" and says she'll have 8 men in boxers as her reindeer along with 3 not-so-wise but very hot men. Jack's boss hates the idea- so he prays to Santa for guidance and Grace hears him and designs the window... even though Jack could have recommended Grace to design it to begin with. His boss loves it, but when Grace is expecting a thank you from Jack... he thinks Santa did it. When she tells this to Will, he says "That's my boy!" It's just a really sweet episode that is just soo soo funny in the end. I love that Jack believes in Santa. This is just one of the best episodes. 

2) Grace's Water Bra Springs a Leak- Grace reconnects with an old crush after he sees a picture of her in the newspaper looking a little fuller in the chest area than she actually does. He invites her to an art gallery of his as a date and Karen comments that it's probably because he thinks she has big boobs... so Karen gets her a hydra bra... but then gets her earring or brooch or something stuck on it and it leaks... the comedy in this is I Love Lucy funny and one of the most iconic moments in TV history. 

1) "And They All Loft"- This probably isn't the most iconic moment in all of tv history of the show or anything... but it's the most iconic moment for me. For some reason- I quoted this line all the time... and the moment it comes from is kind of awesome itself. I don't exactly remember what happens, but Grace and Ellen get in a fight and Grace and Karen also get in a fight... I think Ellen doesn't want Grace to be a godmother to her child... but Ellen doesn't look pregnant in the episode.... so I'm not 100% certain. I think Grace says the same thing to Karen... anyway Karen defends Grace and insults Ellen's outfit in the process and when Ellen says "I got it from Ann Taylor Loft" Karen says "And I bet when you walked down the street they all Loft"... it's sooo sooo funny. 

I quote this so often that now it's an inside joke between me and my friend Cristina... and I don't think she ever even watched Will and Grace... so that's super funny. 

Anyway- this is all I can think of to say... this is amazig... the new show is coming up really soon and I am so excited! 

Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f