Skip to main content

Disney Movies That I Haven't Seen

So I just took This quiz from Oh My Disney that asks how many Disney Movies You've seen... and I was surprised that I actually saw 40 of the 55 mentioned! And actually this quiz doesn't mention Moana so it's 41 of 56. But anyway it's easier to say what I haven't seen... so let's talk about that... some I maybe have seen... but I can't really tell you for sure I've sat down and watched them... so yeah. There are reasons I haven't seen most of them so that's why I thought it'd be a good blog!

1) Pinocchio- I have almost no interest in this one... and I'll probably watch it someday... I think it's been on Freeform recently... that's probably how I'll watch it because I don't want to wait till it's out of the Disney Vault and then buy it. This was a very early movie and the animation is impressive for that... to me it really doesn't look pretty... as impressive as it is... Pinocchio isn't all that cute in my opinion. The cat and the fish are and I like the Blue Fairy... but it's not like "aww that cute animated movie." I also don't love the story of Pinocchio... it seems a little all over the place IMO... there are kids turning into donkeys, there are really creepy bad guys, there's a puppet coming to life... there's just a lot and it's not my favorite thing.

Also I watched an episode of Down To Disness on this movie... it makes me appreciate it more watching it right now... but it also turned me off to the movie because Gepetto seems like he would be the best most sympathetic character in the movie... but the man that voiced him was a Nazi sympathizer and... that thought alone just creeps me out. I'm sorry if I just ruined your favorite character from your favorite movie... but that was a little hard to hear. Idk- it just upset me to hear that... and yeah.

2) Dumbo- Sooo this movie is one I want to watch soon... I know it's a little sad and kind of trippy... but Dumbo is really cute... so there's that. I think I thought kind of the same things as Pinocchio... I just never really saw the appeal until now when I'm like "ohhh Baby Mine is a cute song... Dumbo is really cute." It's sad... but I kind of like circuses so it is probably something good. They have a live action movie coming out... I'm not sure how soon it will be. I feel like it's a bad time for Circus movies.

3) Bambi- This is a beautifully animated movie... and I want to watch it just for that... but it's really really sad and serious... and I don't really want to see it. I don't want to see bambi's mom dying. I think I will just because these are the only movies I haven't seen... but yeah. I really appreciate the animation- I've seen some leggings from Lularoe with Bambi designs... it's cute but it's not at the top of my list.

4) Saludos Amigos- I might have seen this one... I don't really know the difference between this, The Three Cabelleros and Melody time... I'm pretty sure I've seen Melody Time... but I'm not 100% sure and I can't recall it. I really like the three Cabelleros as characters... I love Donald Duck and his family and everything... so I feel like I'd just really like all of these movies.

5) The Three Caballeros- If I go to Disney World- I want to see this before because I know the Mexico ride is now Three Caballeros themed... and I love that ride.I love boat rides- so I want to try that!

6) Make Mine Music- I don't think this has a real plotline- I think it's just something like Fantasia but less good. I don't think this is anyone's favorite Disney movie. Let me know if it is...

7) Melody Time- I'm 99% sure I had this on Video...that's why I think I saw this one... but yeah. I'm not really counting it.

8) The Rescuers- I actually have a Bernard ornament on the Christmas Tree. I would like to see this one because its fun... the villain of this is cool... and I like Bianca and Bernard... but I don't think I've ever seen this in full. I might have seen some of it on Disney Channel back in the day... but I haven't seen it in memory... I can't tell you what the plot is.

9) The Fox and The Hound- I don't want to see this one... this one is just heartbreaking if you ask me... I know the end... it's just bad... it's all bad. I'm just not looking forward to seeing this one. The hound is really cute... I'm sure the movie as a whole is adorable... but no. I don't want to see it. I'll turn it off before the end and just pretend that they stay best friends forever. Lol.

10) The Black Cauldron- I'm almost certain I had this on tape... for some reason I think it was too scary... it looks really scary. I like the Princess in this... but the animation didn't look great- it was the biggest box office flop for Disney and it isn't a favorite. There were a couple of mentions to it in the Disney Parks. I think there was an attraction at Tokyo Disney or something that had the villain... and it was TERRIFYING. If you look up the video it's the weirdest thing you could ever expect to see at a Disney Park.

11) The Great Mouse Detective- This one I really want to see. I might have seen it- I think I had the tape and I'm pretty sure I have a Great Mouse Detective Ornament also... This movie is super important in Disney History... and it isn't really credited for it. It kind of saved the studio after the flop of The Black Cauldron... it lead to the Disney  Renaissance... and it just did a lot. There's a Super Carlin Brother's Video on it.

12) The Rescuer's Down Under- I know I've seen parts of this on Disney Channel... but I never sat down and watched the full thing. I was probably playing or something instead of watching it. It's a good movie- I know it started the Disney Renaissance... it's the first and only movie on this list to have a sequel... Wreck it Ralph and Frozen are getting Sequels now... and there have been other disney sequels from a different studio like the DisneyToon Studio or from Pixar. So that's notable!

Plus I think this is one of those sequels that is better than the original.

Also... this was out after The Little Mermaid apparently... so this isn't the start of the Disney Renaissance... but it was in there and it was a sequel... so yeah. That's weird.

13) Home on The Range- This was post Disney Renaissance and after a lot of flops from Disney Animation and DisneyToon  Studios. This had no real appeal to me... it doesn't look good enough to be a Disney Movie... I just never saw the appeal to this... this is probably the most forgettable Disney movie.

14) Meet The Robinson's- I really want to see this one. My cousins love this one... it looks like a really fun movie... again... it kind of came out at a crappy time for Disney- it was before Princess and The Frog... it was just kind of a meh time for Disney... so I feel like this was really underrated and if it was out now- it'd be a total hit... but it wasn't so it just kind of fell flat.

15) Winnie the Pooh- Again... I love Winnie The Pooh... but I wasn't super excited for Disney at the time this was released... it wasn't even an exciting time for Pixar it was around the release of Cars 2 and Brave... so that kind of sucks... but still... this was the last hand drawn animated Disney Animation Studios film... it might be that way forever too... which is sad.

Hope you guys like this!

Byeee!
-Shannon




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f