Skip to main content

Scribbles About Places: Row NYC Hotel

This is kind of the first part of my big “Lady Gaga Concert Experience” posts that I’m doing… and I’m pretty excited about this one! This is the review of the hotel that we stayed at- Row NYC! 

So the hotel wasn’t really located near the concert venue- but it was located right in Times Square… which is around a lot of things to do and subway stops! It wasn’t too far from the train station we took to get there… which is great because it sucks walking really far with a lot of luggage… so that was pretty awesome. 

There was also quite a bit to do in the hotel. They had a bar where you could order food… and they had a kitchen that had different vendors… they had a Medeterrain place, a sushi place, a burger place, a donut place all in one food court type lounge area. We didn’t actually eat at the Cafe there… but the choices looked really good and I would kind of like to try it sometime. 

We did eat at the bar that was there… the bartenders were very friendly and they put a good amount of alcohol in the drinks we got. They didn’t have much of a selection of flavored vodkas… they only had Lemon and Orange… my friend had a coke with the lemon, I had one with the orange… it was good! I really liked it. 

And we ordered pizza’s from there… I wish I had a picture of the whole pizza’s because they’re a little smaller than a regular pizza… but a little larger than a personal pan pizza. We ended up ordering 3 and splitting them all. We ordered a Margarita Pizza, something called “the zinger” which was a white pizza with I believe Spinach and almond pieces, and olive oil, and I forget what the other pizza was called but it had sausage on it and it was delicious. They were all really good… I can’t pick a favorite, I think the one with the Sausage might have been my favorite… but The Zinger was really good too. They were all good and although we each ate kind of a lot… I don’t think any of us felt like it was too much. We didn’t finish the pizzas… but my friend and I still ended up getting dessert at the stadium… it wasn’t an overly-filling pizza. 

Onto the rooms: We stayed in the Standard Room… which was nice for 3 people. It was a little small, but they utilized the space really well. They had a little desk in the corner of the room and a big tv in the middle. The thing I was most excited about was that they had an Ihome where you could dock and charge your iPhone! So that was really, really cool. I didn’t end up using my charger because I just used that (I did use my friends charger later in the night. though… so I guess I would have needed it lol.) The bathrooms were nice and roomy. They had a lot of drawers- so if you were staying there for a while- you could use those. They had a small closet… but we didn’t use that anyway. The lighting was nice. On the shutters they had a cute thing where it said M. and Goodnight- so when you pulled it down it was like saying “Goodnight.” It had a very minimalist feel. 

That being said… it wasn’t really trendy or boutique-y. It was very simple and kind of looked like Ikea furniture. I like Ikea furniture… so I thought it was cute… but it might not be everyone’s style… again… I was only there for a night and it was the most affordable hotel available… so it didn’t matter all that much. 

As I mentioned before- its right in Times Square… so the location is pretty awesome. If you were going to see a play or going out to a fancy dinner nearby… you could totally stay here and be comfortable and save some money on the hotel room while spending your money elsewhere in the city. It was close to a Shake Shack, a steakhouse called Wolfgang’s that my parents went to… it wasn’t too far from the Girshwin Theater where Wicked is playing… I believe we also passed The Great Comet and The Book Of Mormon on our way to the restaurant I’ll be talking about tomorrow… Hamilton isn’t too far from there I don’t think… There’s also a Hamilton Gift shop if you don’t have Hamilton Tickets but still want to show off your love for Hamilton… that’s a good place to go… there’s just a lot to do around there and probably the most affordable place around there… so that’s good. 

The wifi in the hotel was also really nice. It worked fast. We thought you needed a password to connect- but mine just connected automatically… so that was good. 

I only have a couple of complaints. 1) It’s very noisy… if someone is talking in the hallway- you’re going to be able to hear them… that happened in the morning. My other complaint is pretty big… they never gave us a Do Not Disturb sign… we had a later checkout and the people cleaning the rooms did not know that… so they came in a couple of times while we were still asleep. They I think did end up giving us a Do Not Disturb sign so that we wouldn’t be bothered again- so they were very nice. Those aren’t really complaints against the hotel… I would still totally recommend staying there and I’d give them an A if I were doing graded reviews. Its a good hotel in a good location… and I just liked it. It was pretty cool. 
This is the room we stayed in from the outside. We didn't know that was a hotel room... it was cool! 

This is the pizza with the meat. 

This is "The Zinger" 

Bye! 

-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f