Skip to main content

Chart Chat (August 25-27th) And (September 1st-September 3rd)

I'm just going to recap the top 10 because I didn't blog last week... so yeah!

1) The Hitman's Body Guard 
2) Annabelle: Creation 
3)Ballerina 
4) Wind River 
5) Logan Lucky 
6) Dunkirk 
7) Spider Man: Homecoming 
8) Birth of the Dragon 
9) Floyd Maywether vs. Colin McGregor 
10) The Emoji Movie 

Okay... so now the countdown for this week... and I have to say I'm pretty glad I missed a week because there isn't much new. This weekend is apparently the lowest Labor Day Weekend Box Office Gross since 2000... which is hard to believe! I would imagine the devastation in Texas has something to do with the charts. I didn't see some of the movies out when Hurricane Sandy hit... so I'm sure that  had something to do with it.

10) Girls Trip- It's weird that this was not on the charts last week, but this week it is on the charts. Maybe because of the Fight it pushed it back to number 11... Yes that is what happened. Usually I check IMDB for Chart information- but lately I've been consulting with Box Office Mojo... and they show the full charts from last week... they also show worldwide... so maybe I'll look at that next. Anyway Girls Trip- Funny movie... I'm guessing teachers are catching it before school starts, maybe moms are seeing it with their kids back to school.

9) Despicable Me 3- This was actually number 14 on the charts 2 weeks ago and last weekend it was number 13... I wonder if people are seeing it before going back to school- or if theaters noticed a spike in this movie with a drop in The Nut Job and put this in some more theaters or something... who knows how that works... either way- this is the ONLY movie I've seen this summer... and one of 4 that I've seen from 2017... so I have to say it is in my top 4 movies for 2017... lol. That's so sad... but yeah. This I had the most fun watching... so it's probably this even though Get Out might be a better movie... So yayyy! Good for this! Hope moms are taking kids before school starts back up!

Just found out I can look up how many theaters they were playing in... Last weekend Despicable Me 3 was in 2,116 theaters and The Nut Job was in 3,090. This weekend it was in 2,132 theaters and The Nut Job was in 2,651... so that makes sense. The Dark Tower also had decreased its theater numbers... I find that interesting.

8) The Emoji Movie- Again- I thought that this movie would be off the charts and out of theaters this week... but it jumped up 2 spots! This was in slightly fewer theaters this weekend... so idk. Maybe next week this will be in more theaters or something. This looks like a good "See it before summer ends" movie and I could see maybe some birthday parties seeing this... there aren't many choices right now. But I think this looks cute... I think it'll be on Netflix so I'll watch it there.

7) Spider Man: Homecoming- This has held steady at number 7 for at least 3 weeks now. Again... this is one you want to see before the end of summer... so that makes sense to me. I want to see this one still... probably won't end up seeing it... but it's nice it's still out.

6) Dunkirk- This has also stayed at number 6 for the last few weeks. This movie I believe although based off an actual battle- is an original screenplay... it didn't say it was from a book or anything like that... so that's interesting.

5) Logan Lucky- This is the 3rd week on the charts for this movie... and Channing Tatum is in it... that's all you need to know lol. It's about Nascar and a heist... not my kind of movie. My dad occasionally watches Nascar... maybe he would like it. I think my dad liked Bill Elliot and now he roots for his son I think... don't quote me on that- my dad is very particular about his sports lol... but yeah. My dad might like this movie for the Nascar... my mom might like it for the Channing Tatum. Lol. Not that my mom likes him... but who doesn't?

4) Ballerina/ Leap- I can't tell what the name for this movie is... I think in some countries it's Leap, some its Ballerina. I prefer Leap... but Idk if that's what it's called in The US... this is a French/Canadian animated movie... yes in most countries the name is Ballerina or some translation of that- in the US it is Leap... which makes more sense for a US audience since to us Ballerina is just a type of dancer that does a certain type of dance... whereas "Leap" seems more positive. This was released in 2016 in France and now it's making its way to the US... with some awesome voice actors. Kate McKinnon was a name I saw, Maddie Ziegler from Dance Moms, Elle Fanning... those were just the names I saw. It is about an Orphan Girl who runs away from a rural town in France to Paris to become a dancer and she passes for someone else and becomes a student at the Grand Opera House... so that sounds like a good movie... I think it's far on the list because of the voice cast and the fact that not many movies are out... but I guess people really wanted to see an animated dance movie? Or heard it was good overseas? Whatever it may be... this is different than your typical hollywood cartoon and I think it sounds interesting.

3) Wind River- I think I mentioned this movie a few weeks ago. It stars Jeremy Renner and it's about a murder that happens on a Native American Reservation and the FBI needs to team up with a successful hunter to find out what happened. This jumped up the chart from last week and it was number 10 the week before... so I kind of gave this movie flack for Jeremy Renner being in it that week... but it seems people are taking a liking to it... must be a good movie and I like Crime movies/tv shows... so I'm glad this one happened.

2) Annabelle: Creation- Still holding steady at number 2! I feel like people are creeped out at Dolls or Clowns... and I think it depends on what year you were born? When I was little I thought Chucky was the scariest thing ever... I never saw the movies... but he creeped me out. I still haven't seen the movies... I feel like there's a certain amount of camp to it now that it's a whole other thing than what it initially was... and I don't really like that level of camp... I tried watching Seed of Chucky... not my thing...Idk I feel like you need to LOVE horror movies to appreciate the level of camp in that... but anyway I digress... I feel like at the moment kids are going to be really scared of dolls because of this movie... but then kids a little younger will be scared of clowns because of the It remake... which looks horrifying.

So there's my little horror story thing!

1) The Hitman's Bodyguard- 3rd consecutive week... lowest box office numbers for a Labor Day Release... so that's not good. This stars Ryan Reynolds and Samuel L Jackson. Reynolds is the Body Guard, Jackson is the Hit man... thought it would have been the other way around because why is Ryan Reynolds protecting Samuel L Jackson... but whatever... lol. This sounds like a fun movie. I'll watch it on Demand someday.

Anyway... since this is the lowest Labor Day Weekend release since 2000... I figured we might as well see what came out in 2000 thanks to Box Office Mojo!

I'll just do the top 10... not commenting on them.

10) Bless The Child
9) Coyote Ugly
8) Autumn in New York 
7) Hollow Man 
6) The Nutty Professor 2: The Klumps 
5) What Lies Beneath 
4) The Replacements 
3) Space Cowboys 
2) The Original Kings of Comedy 
1) The Cell 

Alrighty! Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f