Skip to main content

The Great AHS Re-watch: Every Season Episode 5 and 6

So... I did not post last week because the My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 Trailer was more important... so now I'm doing these every other week I think and just combining two episodes.

Hotel 
Episode 5: Room Service 

Ohhh my gosh. This might be the most uncomfortable episode of anything I've ever seen. After the part where the kid was dressed as the pirate and killed his parents and then went to school... I didn't like that. Alex, that's her name right? Chloe Sevigny's character... that was so dumb that she did that... that was dumb. But she's all about saving children and it seems she doesn't really care about adults. 

The only episode I think that might have been harder for me to watch was the Christmas episode of Asylum... which I'm dreading watching in this re-watch. That's the only episode I'm really not looking forward too. Lol.

The rest of the episode was kind of funny actually. We learned about Liz Taylor, who doesn't really have a funny backstory but is a funny character and one of my favorites of AHS history. I also thought Darren Criss was really funny and so was his girlfriend. I wonder if they'll haunt the hotel or not. So yeah. This was really uncomfortable to watch... but at the same time it was really like I couldn't turn away and I liked it almost. It was very uneasy and if I do re-watch this next year I don't think I'll dread watching it the way I'm dreading watching the Santa episode of Asylum.

Episode 6: Room 33 
Idk why, this was my least favorite episode of the season so far. It wasn't bad at all... but there was a lot going on and it wasn't hard to follow and it didn't slow down... but it did feel overwhelming. I loved Liz Taylor and Tristan... I feel like there's a very sudden love story in every season... or maybe not in every season... but there were a ton last season and one in Coven... so that's a little bit of a theme there. I thought it was great to see how Lady Gaga can't really attach herself to a man cause she's not really human and that's why she gets bored of guys easily. It was kind of heartbreaking to see Tristan die and I didn't really like him.

It was really fun to see the Murder House again! I thought that was a good connection to make with it. It wasn't unpredictable, but it made sense with the story and I like that a lot.

And I'm digging Locke's breakdown... I just am. No other reason for it... its just good. Lol.

And then there's March and I cannot wait to see him with The Countess next week!!! Evan Peters and Lady Gaga together.... mind blown. And maybe even with a demon baby...

CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE DEMON BABY? OMG!!! If you're wondering if there is a demon baby in this season or not... there frickin is! Lady gaga has some sort of weird Demon baby and I hope they don't let us down with this one!

Angela Basset was great. Matt Bomber was creepy but he's so hot that it doesn't matter... and I thought Will Drake was good too. I don't know why, I just like that character.

And the Swedish girls were good.

So even though this was my least favorite episode... it is still awesome and I love it!

Asylum 
Episode 5:I am Anne Frank Pt. 2 
This is kind of the episode I'd been waiting for from this season... so I watched this one first... and I actually saw one connection. Jude's mother was a Maid at a Hotel and wasn't home often. Maybe because her mother was Ms. Evers? I know she's not from California and her name is Martin.

I have to say overall... probably my favorite episode of Asylum... maybe one of my favorite episodes. Even though I remember watching this and totally not being shocked at all that Thredson was the killer... it still quite chilling for the reveal and I appreciate it. I just like this episode. Its shocking and crazy and fun. Not fun, I mean there are several terrible things that happen but overall if you like history, if you like horror, this is probably a good episode for you.

I also thought it was well done when Charlotte's husband was having the flashbacks that it looked like a "Leave It To Beaver" type of household and then it kind of connected after she had the lobotomy that this was his life now. This empty brainless woman that just did everything for him. And the scene when she was getting the Lobotomy and Sister Jude was drinking... didn't understand the significance of that really... but it was beautifully done and I thought it was cool.

Ohhh another Murphy-Falchuck connection, there is a Nazi Hunter in this episode. Sue Sylvester's parents on Glee were Nazi Hunters as well... which is honestly the most interesting choice he could have made. Out of everything on Glee... that's the thing I felt was the most interesting and overall that's the thing I remember. Lol.

And the Nazi Hunter was played by Tio Salamanca aka Tuco's uncle from Breaking Bad... so thats cool.

Episode 6: Origins of Monstrosity- It makes sense that this one is so closely connected to Freak Show because they both refer to their characters as Monsters.

Here's where the season lost me a little bit. I still thought it was good and still in re-watching it I like the episode... but the season seemed very pro-murder, especially of kids and especially to their parents. This is where you can really see differences in the shows view on parents in the earlier season. Now in the later seasons Ryan Murphy is a parent, so I feel like overall he views them differently and that's what I've been hearing from This American Horror Story Podcast and other places. This isn't the only time I've heard of Ryan Murphy's anti parent thing.

This also made me realize that Finn Wintrock basically has the Zachary Quinto parts now. I feel like he would have made a good Thredson or Quinto would have been a good Dandy, and probably a better Tristan than Wintrock... although I think Wintrock has more of a likability with the love scenes with Liz Taylor and even with The Countess. I feel like he can play more lovable and Quinto often times plays a jerk. Just a fun connection I found that the actors are pretty similar, seeing them together in a season would be a lot of fun. I don't think Zachary Quinto would return... but it would be cool to see him on it!

Coven 
Episode 5: Burn Witch, Burn 
So... this one I wasn't much of a fan of when it aired. A few weeks ago I think I said there was one episode I was disappointed in... it might have actually been this one that disappointed me. I thought the zombies could have been really cool... but I just didn't think there were any real steaks to them. Idk I just didn't love the zombies. I fell asleep during this one, I'm going to have to finish watching it now... and then I'll come back. So far I like Kathy Bates... but everyone else is disappointing me.

Yeah. Jessica Lange was good also. This was just a kind of meh episode to me though. The Next episode is the Axman episode... and I'm excited about that one! But this one wasn't that exciting. Aside from Cordelia getting blinded and now being able to see everyones motives and Mertyle getting burned, Queenie helping to frame her. The last 15 minutes of this episode was really pretty good... but the rest of it was just kind of boring. So... yeah.

Episode 6: The Axeman Cometh- This might be another favorite for me. I really liked the Axeman Storyline, I thought finding out about what was going on with Cordelia's husband. I like the Cordelia stuff... kind of. I loved Madison coming back to life... and overall I just really liked the episode! This was a good one and it had a lot going on and a lot going for it. And Misty Day was back, which is always fun!

Freak Show 
Episode 5: Pink Cupcakes 
I like this episode. Last year I was confused because there were a lot of dream sequences... watching it a 2nd time around is much better cause I know whats happening. I forgot Jimmy was hooking up with Desi... which is a little weird. He seems to just kind of come onto people when he doesn't know what to do. He seems like the type of guy that there would be an awkward silence or something and then he'd try to make out with you. Not that there are people like that... but you know there probably are. Lol. And it wouldn't even be a little sad if someone that looks like Evan Peters just decided to make out with you randomly... yeah that would be awesome. I'd want a friend like that in my life. Lol.

But yeah... that annoys me sometimes. Hahaha.

Episode 6: Bullseye
I think I like this one better than Pink Cupcakes. I wasn't a big fan of the dream sequences. Not much happens in this episode, no one dies... but it is kind of better than Pink Cupcakes. I think its cause I like Paul. I don't totally love his storyline with Meryl Streep's daughter or anything like that... but I don't think he's a bad character really. And he was sort of our eyes for the episode and for some reason I like him and find him more relatable.

Didn't like that Emma Roberts was going to kill Ma Patite. That made me pretty sad. And its kind of sad that she really doesn't have feelings for Jimmy, but she wants to run away with him just because she doesn't want him to die. Idk. She's not a very great character, I feel like the characters this season aren't that great... but I do like the season and I thought this episode was good.

And Dandy wasn't in this episode a ton, but I thought he was really great in it. Very scary. Bette and Dot are good. I feel like they aren't the greatest characters either, but Sarah Paulson does a good job at making them feel like its 2 different people. It seems like they're played by 2 different people and that's good acting. I think. Maybe I'm just dumb and I always think that when someone is playing twins... but I think they did a good job.

Murder House 
Episode 5: Halloween pt 2 -This is another great one! I liked seeing the ghosts that were haunting Tate from his high school. Its always really mean because I don't really feel any sympathy towards Tate... but they're all really wicked and scary and they make me feel for Tate. I also thought the stuff with Hayden was really cool. It was a really cool episode overall! I just liked it.

Episode 6: Piggy Piggy 
I love this episode. I feel like this is where we start figuring things out and its just really good. I've never watched this part of the season knowing that Violet is dead... and that's really interesting. The thing with Vivian's baby is cool watching a second time too cause I thought that was a pretty big twist when I first watched it.

I think that Murder House is maybe the most unpredictable season. Hotel is going in that direction too, which is cool. I'm just really enjoying the re-watch!

Byeee!
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f