Skip to main content

November 2015: It List

Here it is! The Penultimate It List... unless you include the yearly it list that I do... but I'll do this and December and then the Yearly favorites! What an exciting year it's been!

1) Fitbit- I have the Fitbit HR and I've been loving it. I got it for my birthday, my sister got it for me. Its just fun to measure how many calories you burn just doing everyday things. I'm pretty bad at it... but I'm working on it. Lol. It gives me an average of 10,000 steps a day that I'm supposed to reach and... its just something easy to use and easy to figure out. If you're trying to lose some weight, the app has a nice... although slightly hard to be sure is accurate food monitor so you can count your calories and see where you are throughout the day. I really like using it and its just one of those gadgets that are just good to have.

2) Something Rotten- My other big birthday gift was that I got to see Something Rotten with my sister and my best friend and I loved it! I'm still obsessed with it. I listen to the soundtrack all the time, I feel like it helps me go to sleep or something... not really  but it relaxes me after watching something scary like American Horror Story. Lol. Its really good, they're performing during the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. If you love Musicals and you like Shakespeare and you like to laugh, I would highly recommend this play. I think its possibly tied as my favorite musical ever with Elf the Musical... which I probably won't be seeing this year and I'm a little sad. Lol. Elf is at Madison Square Garden, if you haven't seen it yet, I highly recommend that one too! If you love Elf, its really great.

If you want to look up a performance I'd say look up the Today Show's performance. They play 2 relatively spoiler free songs there and you get to see the main character, Nick Bottom and Shakespeare perform... and Nick's brother Nigel is on also. I saw them on Jimmy Fallon and there was more of a spoiler in the song Its Hard to Be The Bard... it wasn't too bad though... but I think that one is a good one to watch if you want to see it.

3) Cheese and Crackers- I love Cheese and Crackers. I haven't had them in quite a while, but I like these for lunch a lot of times. A few cheeses I want to mention Wegman's actually has pre-cut cheeses. I'm pretty sure these are new and they're just so nifty lol. Its just really easy to just put them out, you could put a nice spread for the holidays, or if you're like me and you just like eating Cheese and Crackers for lunch... these are awesome. I also like the spreadable kind, I think my favorite is Wispride which is a port wine cheese... so if you're drinking wine, this would go well with that. As I've mentioned, I eat these for lunch, so I don't typically have wine with it... but that would be yummy I'm sure!

The flavors I get from Wegmans are Colby Jack and Pepper Jack. They taste really good together, the Pepper Jack is nice and spicy and the Colby jack is good to cool that spice off. I just really like this.

4) Marc Jacobs Dot Perfume- I've been eyeing this for quite a while... but I hardly ever buy perfumes. They only go on sale during the sephora sales... I was going to save my Ulta Points for this... but that didn't happen. But I was at TJ Maxx and I saw this for 29.99 and I was so excited! They had some other Marc Jacobs Fragrances too... may want to go back there before Christmas because they have such good deals on the fragrances. I really love the smell of this and the bottle of corse. This doesn't last a long time on me unfortunately... but I do love the scent... and the bottle is just a great decoration. Lol. I would definitely check TJ Maxx to see if they have these or any other perfumes cause they had a lot. Every TJ Maxx is a little different, mine didn't have a lot of makeup, but they had quite a few fragrances and they had some celebrity fragrance gift sets as well. And they are awesome.

5) Ear Jackets- Random Fashion Favorite, I love the trendy Ear jacket things where theres a special part of the ring on the back that makes it look fancy and cute. I got 3 pairs of these at Express last month and I've been loving them. These are just such a simple way to make any outfit look a little fancier and a little trendier. I really like using these to kind of dress something up. I just think they're great.

6) Starbucks Holiday Lattes- As much as I love the PSL... I think I like the Gingerbread Latte a little bit more and I may like the Chestnut Praline just as much. I was so excited the holiday flavors were back... they are the best. I don't know if they have the Egg Nog yet... that one may be my even more favorite... but these are all fantastic. I love Starbucks and the holiday lattes just make me feel warm and cozy for this time of year. Its a little early for Christmas, I think the Chestnut Praline is a great Thanksgiving drink. These are really yummy.

7) Snapple Fall Spice Iced Tea- I love Snapple's holiday flavors. I still miss the Snapple Pie Apple Pie flavor that was so very limited and so surprisingly good... but this one is pretty darn tasty too. Its like an orange, cranberry spice flavor and it just tastes really great for fall. I really like it and have been drinking it a lot. It gets the Shannon seal of approval.

8) Elizabeth and James Nirvana White Perfume- I've really only had this a few days right now... but I love it! I really like the scent of it, I think its really feminine and it does last longer than the Marc Jacobs Dot perfume. I really like this. I think I'm starting to like Nirvana Black too... I might want the rollerball of that... hmmm. Lol. I've wanted this since May I think... and I'm really happy I finally got it. I think this is the second appearance of this on an it list... so that's kind of cool.

9) My hair cut!- I got my hair cut at the end of october and I really like it! I figured I'd mention it... just cause. Lol. If you live in the Jersey Area Salon Coco Bond is where I get my hair done and its really good. They just expanded and its huge now... and I didn't get it done there, but I'm excited to go there sometime soon... but right now I love my short hair. I love being able to do it in the sink in the mornings and I've just been digging it. So that is one favorite.

10) Crazy Ex Girlfriend- This is just a really nice, lighthearted and fun show to watch. And with what's been going on in the world, sometimes its just nice to be able to watch a lighthearted musical rom-com that is good and clever... but it isn't anything too dramatic or too much violence or anything. I love American Horror Story and Scream Queens and I think I'll be able to continue watching both of them... but sometimes when there is a lot of violence going on in the world, it gets too much for me. I had to stop watching Asylum for a while because of Sandy Hook it just really got me down. But this show is definitely a feel good show. Its hard to watch and not smile and sing along and laugh out loud. It's just a really fun show to watch no matter what, but it makes me feel better when I'm down and I really like it for that. It's definitely worth watching.

So that is everything. I hope you're all having an amazing month so far. I'm excited for the day that comes before Black Friday. What's that called again?

Lol. Byeee!

-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f