Skip to main content

Shannon Watches Older Movies: Poltergeist

So this was on ABC Family recently and I decided to DVR it and watch it so that I could go past the commercials and stuff. I had always been too afraid to watch this movie... but it was on ABC Family in the daytime on Halloween... so I didn't think I'd be too scared.

For reference, I'm more afraid of the "Poltergeist Curse" than the actual movie. Apparently like everyone in this movie died... Idk if EVERYONE really died, but a lot of them died... but Craig T. Nelson didn't and he's Mr. Incredible... so knock on wood, everything is ok with the Coach... and yeah.

I'm about 21 minutes in (with commercials) and nothing's happened yet... so yeah. The bird died, which is something interesting and based on true experiences with these. I'm a little skeptical... but I think there's something out there and it could be real... but yeah. The little girl is creepy and stuff but nothing super scary has happened yet... so there's that.

I'm 50 minutes in right now... there are a ton of cuts in this movie and its very obvious. One second they're just in the kitchen and the chair moved on its own and the little girl moved on her own... and then they cut away and they're talking to the neighbors, then commercial break and they just gloss over anything the neighbors said... so the ABC Family version is cut quite a bit.

Right now its picked up a lot. The son was sucked up by a tree... that was scary. Scarier than the Paranormal Activity movies in my opinion, or equally scary.

Alright so the girl is in the TV, the paranormal experts are in the house... the oldest daughter just said "I'm going to Lisa's. I gotta go to Lisa's" so she just left and went to Lisa's cause she doesn't give one crap about her sister or her family... she just needed to go to Lisa's... so she's off being terrible at Lisa's.

There was a part where Carol Anne "moved through" the mom and she's like "It's her I smell her" and she made that random lady smell... how the hell does that lady know what Carol Anne Smells like? She's just there pretending to be excited and she's real over it. Lol. So weird and funny.

And then the lady was saying all this stuff that made it seem like Carol Anne was dead already and she needed to go toward the light... but she just told her not to go toward the light... so idk what that's about.

I feel like I'd like this movie a little more if it wasn't just about the little girl getting sucked into the tv. There's some other cool stuff that happens, but thats kind of the only stake... I guess other people could die and stuff... The one ghost hunter guy looked like he was going to die but he didn't. It's good and I like watching it, but I don't feel the suspense or anything.

Alrighty... so I liked the end a lot. I liked that they saved the girl but then more scary stuff happened and it kept on happening and... idk I just liked it. I thought that was the only real twist in the movie... but it didn't need a ton of twists. It didn't have a strong plot or anything, but it was good. I thought the character development wasn't amazing and the one thing that bothered me was that at some points they were really believers and really thought there were ghosts and stuff and knew there was something bad, and then at other moments they were so skeptical and didn't believe anything. This happens especially when the quirky woman psychic is around. Its just kind of a weird and interesting character thing.

So this didn't really scare me, it isn't one of those movies where I think "ohhh you have to watch this every halloween! Its so scary." But it also wasn't bad. I had a lot of fun watching it, and there were boring parts, but its fun and entertaining to watch. I'm happy I watched it even though it wasn't that scary.

I hope you guys liked this! I'm going to continue doing this cause its fun to do and fun to read and see what other people think of movies and how they hold up through the test of time. It was fun!

Byeeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f