Skip to main content

Weird Gift Giving Superstitions

So I feel like since its my 666th post and its almost the season of gift giving, I'd talk about some weird superstitions about giving gifts or getting gifts that will maybe help you a little bit when you're deciding to buy some things. I'm not superstitious, I'm a little stitious. Lol NAME THAT QUOTE! I'm actually pretty superstitious. I'm not going to lie, I'll probably post another blog today just because I don't like the number 666. I don't even really like the number 6. Lol.

1) Giving Pearls as a gift is bad luck
Pearls make a great gift for the holidays! But apparently its bad luck to give them as a gift! If someone were to give them to you for a gift, you could give them a dollar or something so that technically it isn't a gift. This goes for anything with a pearl in it as well, like the Alex and Ani bracelet with the clam and the pearl. Personally... I've gotten Pearls from my grandfather, and nothing bad happened. They were nice pearls and I think I still have them. They weren't like from a jewelry store or anything, but they still looked really nice and I wore them for years.

I also think costume jewelry pearls are okay... idk. Some people take this superstition a little to far... but yeah. I've personally had good luck with this one and think that pearls make a good gift so go for it if you can... although Peeta gives Katniss a pearl in Catching Fire and look how that turned out... Lol.

2) Don't buy Opals for yourself 
Opals kind of look like pearls, and apparently they make better gifts since you can't buy them for yourself! I've also heard they're bad luck if you weren't born in October, I don't believe that one but I do believe that they are bad to buy for yourself because I've had some bad experience with that. Before I knew the superstition I bought one that was on a ring and it looked like a butterfly and that broke. So I'm pretty sure it was due to bad luck.

I've also heard of other bad stories with people buying opals for themselves and... its just crazy. I buy a lot of things that look like opals for myself because I just love opals. I may even want an opal engagement ring instead of a diamond one... idk. I just don't want a conflict diamond. If anyone is thinking of proposing to me, please don't get me a conflict diamond! Lol. I think that's bad luck.

Like people wonder why the rate of divorce is 50% and yet the symbol of marriage is going to fund war criminals. It's a shame.

3) Don't buy me anything having to do with Gwen Stefani 
So this one only applies to me, and possibly my family and anyone I love. Whenever I hear Gwen Stefani, something terrible happens. I heard her once and sprained my ankle and ever since then whenever I hear her, something terrible happens. I know she's coming out with a new eyeshadow palette for Urban Decay and it looks gorgeous, but I'm not even going to swatch it because I know something bad will happen to me or I'll have an allergic reaction to it or something. Lol. I won't even watch any youtube videos of people using the palette! I just can't have anything to do with Gwen Stefani. And its not because I dislike her or anything, I think she's talented but for whatever for me she's a bad omen.

And I think its starting to affect some of my friends and family too because it happens to them sometimes too.

And oddly enough, the song Bad Day by Daniel Powter,a one hit wonder, always brings me good luck. I just don't get it.

So I hope you enjoyed these superstitions. Let me know if you believe them or not, or if any of these have affected you or anything.

Also I happen to love Stevie Wonder and I've had this stuck in my head the entire time I've been writing this... so there you go if you've also had this stuck in your head while reading this.

Fun Fact: One time my friend and I were listening to this song really loud in her car and some guy at a bus stop nearby was like "Yes! I love this song! I feel you guys!" It was pretty awesome.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f