Skip to main content

Top 10 Shows You Should Be Watching

I felt the need to do this. There are so many good new shows on tv... and some older ones that maybe don't have the love or traction that they need... but seriously, these are awesome and you should give them a chance. I didn't include any Netflix shows just because my picks for that would be Grace and Frankie and Bojack Horseman and I don't think those are things everyone would like... Grace and Frankie I think is more appealing for everyone than Bojack, if you were wondering... but yeah.

1) Scream Queens- This is probably my favorite show right now. I love the characters and the bitchiness of it all, but it is also super suspenseful and equally funny. This is a horror parody gone right. Everything about it is amazing and funny and scary. Highly recommend.

2) American Horror Story: Hotel- I know this is a popular one, but sometimes people forget its on or they're tired of it after a season that maybe they didn't like. I've said this before and I'll say it again, I'm always going to watch AHS because its just fun for me. The characters are usually great, they're all pretty much the best actors and actresses you can get and its just scary and fun to watch. I might take a break from it for a while if things get too weird... which I did with the killer Santa on Asylum... but its always a fun show to watch and I recommend this season highly.

3) Quantico- I was so impressed with Quantico and it keeps getting better. From the pilot, I wasn't 100% on board with it... but at episode 3 I was like "This is it! Done! Thank you!" And its just so suspenseful. The cast are all the most beautiful people in the world and everyone is really suspicious. I think we got a big clue in episode 3... but there's still more to the story than that, I think at least.

4) Blackish- This is such a well done well thought out comedy that is mostly about race, but you can be any race to enjoy it. Its just a great family show... and there are a ton of "family shows" out there... this one is probably my favorite. Along with...

5) The Goldbergs- If you love the 80s, this is a great show just for the nostalgia of it all. If you're not that familiar with the 80s this isn't something that has themes solely relevant for a 1980s audience so you'll get it and like it too. The cast is amazing, one of the funniest casts on television and I love Barry's voice and Adam's voice. They're so whiny and annoying and perfect. Also Patton Oswalt narrates ant that is pretty fantastic too. He does a great job and his voice is just very calming. Its funny and easy to pay attention to, but it doesn't overwhelm you with funny. Its just nice.

6) Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D- I haven't totally watched all of this show yet... but this is just so good that I think anyone will enjoy it. I was never a big fan of the Marvel movies. I didn't like Iron Man and I just didn't keep up after that, other than The Avengers. This show has so many great characters that are all deep and layered... even the comic relief characters Fitz-Simmons are more layered than most characters and it looks like a movie. Like this show looks like the highest budget on TV... and it probably isn't but its just made so well that I think anyone would enjoy it for that alone. There are also a lot of strong female characters and one of the leads is a woman in her 50s I believe... which you don't see often in Hollywood so kudos to ABC  and the people behind this show for that. And May is a total badass and totally just as hot as the 20-somethings of the show... so that's awesome.

7) Grandfathered- This show looked stupid... but give it a chance! It's charming and I'm sure it'll win you over! John Stamos is really great and I honestly didn't think I'd like him in it! Check out The Grinder too because that was pretty funny as well!

8) Jane The Virgin- I think this show is pretty hyped and by now its probably pretty popular... but this is definitely worth the hype. Its so funny but it is also suspenseful and you'll want to watch it all right away because you can't wait to find out what happens. A lot of people I know didn't want to watch it because its such a ridiculous concept... but the show is pretty self aware of its ridiculousness and it is kind of supposed to be as ridiculous as it is so you buy it. Which isn't something that happens often... but for this, definitely!

9) Crazy Ex Girlfriend- I wasn't sure of this one... but I fell in love with the pilot. Such a unique concept and they did a great job of coming up with a story thats very relatable and still kind of crazy. They didn't overdo the crazy because it is something that you can see. I've also had the West Covina song stuck in my head all day! I hope they have these on iTunes cause... the songs are catchy!

10) How To Get Away With Murder- This season doesn't have me quite as hooked as last season to be honest, but its still one of my favorite shows. Definitely check out the first season on Netflix because its so good, and you totally don't know whats going on but you can piece things together and its always really satisfying to figure out. I really like it!

So those are my top 10 (11 if you count The Grinder lol!) Hope you like this and check out these shows!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f