Skip to main content

Weird Questions Tag

So this is an old Tag... but I kind of like doing tags because they're easy and fun. I stumbled across this on youtube in a video that Graveyardgirl did in 2011... and the video is just so funny and I really liked it, so I thought it looked fun! 


#1. What's a nickname only your family calls you?
Pumpkin Pie. No one ever actually calls me that though, but oddly enough its both my sister and my nickname somehow. When I was little my parents would just say my whole name and then say "Pumpkin Pie" at the end. Which you can imagine is confusing to a little kid who you never actually call this name... its just really funny. So I used to think everyone had a first name, middle name, last name and a nickname and that that was your full name. So for a little while if someone asked my full name I'd say "Shannon Lee Kahermanes Pumpkin Pie." Its really a weird thing cause nick names are things you just have as just calling you that, but my parents never called me Pumpkin Pie. Unless they did when I was a baby baby, I have no idea. So yeah, that's weird lol. I'm gonna do the same thing with my kids probably. Lol.

Also my sister and I were born in the fall, so Pumpkin Pie does seem fitting... but its still a very strange concept that I still think thats probably my real full name even though no one calls me Pumpkin Pie alone and its no where on my Birth Certificate.

Side note: Some celebrity will likely name their baby Pumpkin Pie within the year... just watch lol.


#2- What's a weird habit of yours?

Okay, I have quite a few little quirks. I bite my nails... that isn't that weird though. I sometimes make up my own language when I'm alone in my room and just say nonsense words and phrases and I'll sing songs but in weird languages and accents. I've done this for... quite some time now. If I get a song stuck in my head, I now sing the song in nonsense lyrics to get it out of my head.

The language isn't translatable or anything, the words don't really mean anything but often there are phrases that sort of repeat. Its like a weird little Mantra type thing. I kind of like it.


#3. Do you have any weird phobias?
 I don't like sitting next to strangers in public situations. Like if its a mutual friend or something that is one thing, but if I'm at the movies I'll always ask to sit in the middle because I don't want to sit next to a stranger. Strangers smell a lot of times  and I'm just not a fan. They may kidnap me. They may have Ebola. I don't know.

Also lately, the universe of the Progressive commercials have been scaring me. Not like keeping me up at night or anything, but they're just so odd now that I feel like its a different universe that somehow exists and I wouldn't want to fall into that universe. I also think that she's a murderer that killed her entire family and now reenacts awkward family moments for commercials on tv.


#4. What's a song you secretly LOVE to blast & belt out when you're alone?

I love singing really terrible songs that no one likes when I'm in the shower. I love singing Friday by Rebecca Black because I don't worry about how I sound or what the lyrics sound like and its just fun to dance too. I also like show tunes. If I know all the words to a show tune I will sing it when I am alone.

#5. What's one of your biggest pet peeves?
I hate when people water down soap... what the hell is that? Its not doing any favors for cleaning your hands and soap is so easy to replace. When I was in college we had a big thing of soap and my suitemates wouldn't refill it with that... they'd just put water in it and I hated that! They were nice people, but come on its soap! We have a bunch and if we didn't just run to a store and get some! It isn't expensive or hard to find! Its SOAP! Lol.

I've mentioned this recently and the thing about people calling their kids by their middle name... that bothers me.



#6. What's one of your nervous habits?

Biting my nails and the skin of my nails. Its bad. I also shake my leg or foot when I'm uncomfortable a lot. Thats kind of a tell of mine. If my leg is shaking when I'm out with friends or something I'm probably nervous or holding back something and maybe you should change the subject. If its with a guy it might mean I like him, but usually I'll be a little more comfortable, at least around people I've been dating for a while... so thats not always a thing. If I do it at home I'm likely cold or bored.

#7. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
I have a twin sized bed and I don't share it with anyone... sooo....


#8. What was your first stuffed animal & it's name?
It was a bear that played music when you wound him up. She didn't have a name because I was a baby when I got it and I recovered it when I was old enough to name a stuffed animal... but I never named it because it seemed wrong that she didn't have a name for all these years and then to give her a name all of a sudden. Plus she had the title of "my First Stuffed Animal" and I had a lot of stuffed animals at the time... thats quite a title to hold!


#9. What's the drink you ALWAYS order at starbucks?
I get some sort of latte or macchiato or something basic white girls like. Pumpkin Pie is technically part of my name, so it should be no surprise what one is my favorite...


#10. What's the beauty rule you preach.. but never ACTUALLY practice?
I don't think I really "preach" anything... although I think on my blog I always mention how important it is to moisturize and I feel like I hardly use moisturizer... so yeah I guess that. I'm getting better. I'm going to put on Tarte's Maricuja Oil... right now!


#11. Which way do you face in the shower?

I didn't know this was a thing... I thought I was just doing it wrong and everyone else in the entire universe did it the other way. I feel so relieved now that there are different ways that people face! I'm not a freak anymore! I go reverse psycho... which means I face away from the shower head most of the time. I'll sometimes face the shower head, like when I'm washing the front part of my body, but for the majority of the shower I do reverse psycho.

#12. Do you have any 'weird' body 'skills'?
I was going to insert a pic here, but it might gross out some people. I don't really know how to describe this though... and I feel like I've described it recently too... ugh. Basically I'll take my pinky and I'll kind of fold it into my hand. Basically all of my other fingers are in an O-shape and then I put my pinky in the middle and wiggle it. Its weird and no one else I know can really do that... but I can.

I also don't feel a lot of pain when people crack my fingers and stuff. I swear my bones are made out of like erasers or something because my hand is quite bendy. Although now that I haven't done that in years and I just did it, my pinky is a little weird and curved... okay its straight now.

Also not a body skill, but I memorized how to spell prairie... so that is something I always recite really fast.


#13. What's your favorite 'comfort food'/food thats 'bad' but you love to eat it anyways?

My diet is ridiculous. Don't even get me started... If you want to know the favorites...

Penne Vodka
Cool Ranch Doritos
Chocolate
Ice Cream/Milkshakes
Pizza- Federici's Vodka Sauce Pizza is my jam... also they have a Creamy Italian Salad Dressing that I dream about night and day pretty much. Not even lying.
Any sort of sweet drink.

#14. What's a phrase or exclamation you always say?
I used to have a lot... let me think throughout high school...
"That's what she said"
"Have a Fun, Sexy Time"- this was NOT because of Borat, it was because of Arrested Development... but people got it confused with Borat's "sexy time"... although I did like Borat a lot in high school.
"Fridge"- This started in college when I wasn't around my parents as much so I would say the F word a lot, so I started saying Fudge again and then I started saying "Fridge" because I got lazy. It got to the point where I would say "Fridge" whenever something really awful happened and I'd say the F word more often... so Fridge actually was wayyyy more of a curse word than the F word to me. And if I was really upset I would scream "RE-FRIDGE-U-RATOR" because even that meant less to me. Somehow this all died down and now I don't often say either.

Lately I've been going back to Borat days a lot and whenever someone says "My Wife" I say it in Borat's voice. This is kind of because of Comedy Bang Bang and also a few jokes from Tv. Borat is a funny movie... if you haven't seen it yet you should do that.


#15. Time to sleep- what are you ACTUALLY wearing?
Pajamas. And it is time to sleep. Its 3:04 right now and I'm not even tired... and I want to wake up early tomorrow... so thats an ordeal. And I may have a big day planned. Its supposed to be the Snow-pocolypse or something (I'm writing this January 25th and I live in NJ... I'm probably posting this wayyy after though...) and I have non snowpocolypse type things to do, but things that I won't be able to do for a bit. I'm going to lunch at one of my favorite brunch places that is closing soon which SUCKS! And I may be going to the fancypants mall near me because I have an Ulta Coupon good for 20% off of anything and this may be the last time I'll get there before the snowpocolypse. Also other coupons that its probably best I just use now. Before the Snowpocolypse starts. 

Byeee! 
-Shannon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f