Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: Two And A Half Men Finale Review

Sooo... I am not really a fan of the show Two and a Half Men... It had it's good moments... But it's been on 12 years... And it's not the greatest thing... Even though some of the characters are brilliant and the squab episode was great... Anyway the finale sounded brilliant from the online description I saw... So I'm watching it now on CBS's website... Which sucks and it's like a few hours since the finale itself so this may not work.

I'm going to do this as kind of a live tweet during the commercials and notable moments... And pauses cause there are going to be a lot of pauses. 

I love Rose, I think she's really funny and I'm glad she seems to have a major part in the finale cause she deserves it. Still a little too reliant on the "sheen" factor when I know he isn't actually on the show... But I guess that's what it needs. And probably the only reason someone may watch this instead of scandal or whatever. 

Btw scandal was amazing tonight... It ended a little abruptly. 

K it's back... And this is basically unwatchable quality. And kind of unwatchable in itself. 

First meta joke: 2 and a half million dollars. 2nd Meta Joke: he's irreplaceable, Kutcher looks sad. Jon Alan shakes his head like "that's not true." 3rd Meta Joke: Kutcher just says "I can't wait for this to be over." 

Alan's mom is on now... She's always funny. Again, the women of this show are the absolute best. 

Meta joke 4: Kutcher looks up Charlie and says he finds "rants about former employers." 

If you don't understand what's going on... I understand, this review is all over the place. Alan is looking for Charlie's death certificate because he has 2 and a half million dollars in unclaimed royalties from children's songs and Alan wants the money... And he doesn't have a death certificate because Rose is keeping him in a pit in her basement dungeon so he can always be hers and close to her. And before the last break Charlie escaped. 

Meta joke 5: after 12 years everyone's slept with everyone. 

Meta joke 6: Charlie's mom to Kutcher "why are you here" Kutcher "I've been asking myself that since day 1. 

Amber Tamblyn is Charlie's daughter... And a lesbian with 2 ladies in her house... Didn't know. 

And the women in Charlie's life all get big checks and apology notes. 

And Rose reveals Charlie is alive when Alan and Kutcher figure it out and say "Charlie is alive" she says "good then I don't have to tell you" and that brings us to 

Meta Joke 7: exciting DUN DUNN DUNNNNN music... But with the shows MEN MEN MENNNNN. Which is always my favorite type of joke on the show. Other than the maid...lol. 

Meta Joke 8: the maid says "Alan if you move out and Charlie moves in here with Walden I think we can keep this going for another five years. Kutcher responds "yeah I don't think so." 

Meta Joke 9: Alan to Rose: Start from the beginning. Rose: you mean the pilot? 

Then there's an animation sequence of Charlie and Rose because they were "so animated" on their honeymoon. Lol they pass peppe le pew. Charlie snorts sugar up his nose... meta joke 10? 

And there's cartoon sex with a sexy French maid, a mime and a goat... And the goat dies on the train.i feel the rest of the episode will be mostly meta jokes... 

Meta Joke 11: a joke about how Kutcher replaced Charlie like he never existed. 

Meta Joke 12: rose saying "that's just stupid" about going down through the balcony the way she usually does. 

Meta Joke 13: "Troll" reference. And other sheen quotes, and Tiger's blood. 

Meta Joke 14: Schwartzeneggar? Wtf this isn't a meta joke... But he's in there. There was also a joke I missed about it being weirder if Charlie didn't have sex with a goat... I'm gonna count that as a meta joke. So were up to 15 now. 

So this Arnold thing... He's describing everything crazy about the show... All the plot holes and ridiculous story that "you can't write this stuff huh?" Meta orgy of jokes. 

" has he tried anger management" "yeah but it didn't work." 

Then another this has been going on too long. Cardboard cut outs of Kutcher and Alan. 

Alan's son is back. He's got a beard. He's rich cause he won 2 and a half million on craps. He made lots of money because "craps" and he kept betting on cum cause cum... "It's amazing how you made so much money on such stupid jokes" all 2 and a half men look at camera. 

Alan and Jake call their ex wives. Judy Greer is in bed with John Stamos... Awesome. Kutcher "listen Stamos you're just a handsome guy who got famous on a sitcom." 

And their other ex wives... Saying they're all the loves of their lives. They are all doing better things. Walden's second wife is the Queen of Moldavia because of j-date. 

Courtney Thorne smith is pawning their engagement ring.

"That only happens in show business" "which we are not in" "not anymore" 

Christian Slater confused for Charlie Harper. There is also an Hasta Lavista baby and there was a joke about Alan being more of a co-Leed than a supporting character in his life... Which was funny and I missed it. 

I can't believe I just posted about trying to adult good and I'm up at 2 in the morning watching two and a half men...and I'm probably going to watch it again after this... Lol. 

And it ends with a summary of Charlie sheens life... 

There's a hellicopter delivering a piano right this way... Freaking out about the cops getting the wrong guy... Charlie is at the door, rings the doorbell and a piano drops on his head... And then it fades out shows that it's a set... And we see creator Chuck Lorre in a director's chair and he says "Winning" and then a piano drops on his head... 

This episode was like a bad episode of community. It left in the stupid jokes with the meta jokes... So it was still an episode based mainly around the same two and a half men humor. Just to compare, it's not unlike Cooprative Polygraphy from community in it's concept... Because it's using the same technique of including a character that was no longer on the show and still writing the episode making it feel like the character is present when he isn't. Two and a half men relied a little too much on Charlie Harper's fame in the episode, but that's what it had to rely on. Community just demonstrated that the writers created the character Pierce... And yes Chevy Chase was perfect as pierce, but if he had attitude he wasn't needed any more...and I love Chevy Chase and respect him... But I also want to be a writer for tv shows and know that this is a weird thing that happens. 

But I don't think the writers were overthinking anything of this episode or show in particular. I know when tv shows become real ... It's not always exactly what the writers envision because they have to appeal to certain demographics and people aren't looking for Arrested Developments and Parks and Recs...they're looking for "hey honey where did I leave my keys" "silly, they're on your head again." "Ohhh fiddlesticks" snaps fingers. Fade out. Text reads Executive producer Shannon Kahermanes. 

Lol... Yeah hopefully that won't happen... But there are compromises and yeah it sucks... But Lorre is a respectable writer that is getting out of his shell a little more... And this was a funny way of teasing himself... So yeah it's good. You can watch it... But I posted all the funny lines. 

Overall it was better than the How I Met Your Mother finale. Lol. 

BYEEEE! 
-Shannon 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f