Skip to main content

What I watched This Week (2/1/14)

This week is a bit more exciting because not everything is a repeat...

But... I started off watching some repeats. Everybody Loves Raymond was on and for some reason whenever I watch this show, I pretty much always see the same few episodes. Which is good because it happens to be one of my favorites. The first one had everyone in the family gossiping about each other and its super funny. Then Robert tried to be a model, but the agency ripped him off. And then, I barely paid attention to this one, but Robert and Raymond were upset because Frank was like a father to someone else that was about their age, and they wondered why he was never like that to them. I forgot how much I like this show. Robert is one of my favorites and I still love when he's in animated movies and such.

I also watched... shocker... MORE COMEDY BANG BANG! I saw a few episodes that were on IFC that I hadn't seen yet and I'm sure I'll watch some more on Netflix as the week (and snowpocolypse) continues! You guys know I love this show and I love the podcast.

Speaking of virgins... okay I wasn't speaking of virgins at all, but I wanted a segway so I forced one... I watched Jane The Virgin... and I think that last weeks episode was possibly my favorite of the series thus far... this one was my least favorite of the series thus far. It wasn't a bad episode, it doesn't make it a bad show... but there was a lot going on and I didn't think it tied together all that nicely. I didn't really like the twists that much... and idk. I like the actor that plays Michael and I'm happy they aren't completely ignoring the fact that he isn't over Jane... but I'm not big into love triangles. I find it more realistic in a show when a couple gets together pretty early on and stays together... so I'd be happy with Jane and Rafi staying together with only a little bit of drama. That being said this isn't a very realistic show in the first place. I think I mentioned that I was talking to my cousins about this show and they didn't buy the storyline. And yeah, its a tough concept to be realistic, but they explain it enough so that you kinda buy it and that you can be on board. It's not a documentary.

Speaking of Documentaries... this is a real segway here... I watched Burt's Buzz which is a documentary about the maker of Burt's Bee's. He's a weirdo. Uhhh it isn't all that interesting, I didn't watch it all... But I will finish it. It's a little boring, but it's fun to see how the sausage gets made.

Speaking of How The Sausage gets made... I am nailing it with segways today! I watched The Daily Show, The Nightly Show and @Midnight. I only mention the segway because on the Nightly Show Larry Wilmore used that expression and he was talking to a lesbian comedian and she said "you lost me at sausage." Which was kind of funny. I watch these pretty much every night, so I don't really mention them... but since I thought of the How The Sausage Gets Made thing, I figured I'd mention why I came up with that phrase.

And on Tuesday, my new favorite night of TV... we have Parks and Rec, Marry Me and then Kroll Show! New Girl and Mindy were repeats, didn't watch them... but Parks and Rec is even better this season than its ever been. I shouldn't be surprised at this at all since the show itself has just gotten better and better from the beginning... and I already loved it to begin with. Its just so good now! It was really a great episode. Dennis Feinstein returned... it was awesome. And Marry Me was super funny too. I cannot wait for next week. Nia Vardalos is guest starring... its going to be really good. I'm excited. And then Kroll Show was on Comedy Central.

Wednesday I watched The Middle I think and part of modern family... They weren't new so I didn't pay much attention. I also watched Broad City which was the best episode ever possibly. Definitely of the season, which has been great so far. I also watched Always Sunny, which was okay... Not the funniest of the season. Man Seeking Woman which I thought was soooo sooo funny this week. Just a classic I thought. It was funny and good and relatable and over the top. It was really the esscence of the show. It was great. I missed workaholics but it's tivoing. 

Thursday was fun cause the shondaland shows returned... So I watched all of them. Scandal was really good. I haven't watched all of Scandal... But I saw the end of last season and I needed to know what happened. And it was well done and scary and I loved it. How to get away with murder, also amazing. Just really good. I kind of only half watched Greys anatomy but it was good too. I like Geena Davis a lot and I'm always happy when she guests on a show. I'm not in love with her story, but it's still not bad. It's fun to see what happens. 

Also in Scandal I was totally predicting things that were happening because, it's kind of my job. Not actually yet, but my life's calling is to write for television,so I kind of know where things are going and I can predict them and I'm usually pretty accurate. I knew that it was a dream sequence with Olivia's men saving her and I knew that there was going to be some sort of feminist speech about how she has to save herself and stuff like that... And I was kind of showing off for my family cause I was watching it with them. And I was like "I don't even watch this show and I can predict it" and then that end... Out of nowhere. It was just really really good. 

Friday I watched Last Man Standing... Usually I kind of half watch this show,but I was a little more invested than usual this episode. It was good. And Shark Tank... There were some dumb ideas this week. I also kind of like Mark Cuban,  I feel like he knows bullshit when he sees it, and he calls people out on it... Which we need. 

Random, but I've been like half watching blue bloods because it's been on so often now and my parents and grandparents like it... And it is pretty good. I like Tom Selleck a lot and I like Donnie Wahlburg and I like the girl that plays Tom Selleck's daughter... Who fun Super Bowl fact... Is Tom Brady's Baby Momma! That's right, before he married Gisele he got another hot model pregnant and demanded a paternity test. Guess he didn't believe the condom deflated... Ohhhh snap! Lol. Anyway she's very pretty and a really good actress, so I kind of like the show. 

And last but certainly not least, I watched my all time favorite movie, Despicable Me! It's funny because my dad has now seen it so many times that he knows all the words too. And my parents also think it's really funny and cute so we'll just crack up laughing at the minions... Other people probably think it's weird but you know what? We find it funny so yeah... Lol.  

And that's it... I feel like maybe I'm missing something like an episode of friends or how I met your mother. I think I did watch a rerun of HIMYM and I think it's terrible now that I know the end. Anyway, that's a thing. 

Excised for one week from now because I'll be watching Better Call Saul... But also excited for now because I will be watching the Super Bowl, so that's fun! 

BYEEEE! 
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f