Skip to main content

Scribbles about TV: What I watched this week. (First week of Feb 2015)

I've decided to change the name about this just to Scribbles about TV. Its just easier, also instead of using the actual date... I'm just going to say what week it is in the month so that it won't be quite as confusing. If this gets too confusing, I'll change it back... but for now, this is the last What I watched This Week... and the first Scribbles about TV in this format.

So this week started with the Super Bowl... which was kind of exciting. As someone that doesn't like football much, I thought it was a fun and exciting game. Lots of things happened. It was quite good. I have a full review on it right Here. I go over a little bit of everything and what I thought about it.

Also random Super Bowl thing I forgot about in my review... did anyone else see that fight that broke out towards the end? A bunch of seahawks were physically fighting a bunch of Patriots. I think a Patriot was antagonizing a Seahawk and it ended up with a big fight between everyone. It was crazy .  I was going crazy it was totally the best part! I haven't heard anyone talk about it yet. Maybe football fights are more common than I thought? Idk I've watched a bunch of super bowls in my life and I never remember seeing a fight like that break out! It was cray!

I also watched Scandal on Netflix! I saw the big comeback episode last week and it was quite amazing, so I went back and started watching it from the beginning on Netflix. This show has changed a lot from the beginning to the current season, which is always interesting. I think I'm going to continue watching it both on Netflix and the current season... but that might be confusing... but I think I'd be disappointed now if I just stopped watching after that twist...

I also watched Gotham. I mostly watched this weeks episode. I was kinda half watching, but it was pretty good. I was pretty invested. I need to watch the things I missed of this because its a little weird and a little boring... but I like it enough to be involved in it.

And I watched Jane The Virgin... which after last week's let down was really a great episode... although I have to say... here come the spoilers... I thought the reveal of Rose as Sin Rostro was a little predictable to me. I thought it was Petra until we learned the truth about her... and there was something a little too off about her relationship with Emilio and Luisa... and how she sent Luisa away without thinking anything of it. In this episode in particular I thought it was quite apparent. I did not see her cementing her husband like that though... THAT was really really great. After seeing that Petra didn't really die, I was a bit disappointed. Not that I wanted Petra to actually die, I love Petra as a character... but that would have been a fun twist. Seeing Rose so heartless and badass was something the show really needed.

Also I'm happy they ended the Arc of Jane writing off her dad. I didn't love where that story was going, and I'm happy its out of the way right now. I think seeing her at that job will be a little better now. I'm also happy Raphael isn't Sin Rostro... then my heart would be broken. I admit it, I know something bad has to happen with him and Jane or it will be boring... but I love him and they're good together. And I love Michael too, but I like the girl he's with and I just like all the characters and I feel too emotionally invested in everything. Lol.

I watched The Daily Show, Nightly Show and @Midnight. And Nick Kroll was on @ Midnight with a very attractive beard. Not everyone can pull off a beard, but Mr. Kroll surely can. Wow that just looked awesome. I am fairly jealous of Amy Poehler. Not just because of Nick Kroll but she's also super funny and incredibly awesome and I'm not like "oh I'm jealous" I'm like "I respect everything about you and hope to be that one day." That is my love for Amy Poehler. She's an awesome awesome lady.

Speaking of Nick Kroll and Amy Poehler... they both have awesome shows that I watched this week! I loved the little twist in Parks and Rec. We've been following all of Leslie's dreams, and now its time for Ben's dreams! I think they are my favorite couple of all time. Idk lol. I will probably do a list of favorite tv/movie/book couples soon. I thought it was lame that they showed a repeat after though... LAME! And Kroll Show was really great. I love Ricky Nash and La Deli... I may or may not have been singing that all this week. Also I love the Pawnsylvania sketch with Don's shirt that says "How's My Drinking? Call 911." Its stupid but funny for the character. Lol. And its said that Jenny Slate also plays Denise... but I had no idea! Lol. I thought that was just a screw up, but that's her. Lol.

I also watched Marry Me. I thought it was Nia Vardalos's episode this week, but it wasn't. It was still really really funny and I liked it a lot. I loved that the Sister from Ugly Betty was on it... I like her a lot and she's been popping up on a lot of shows and that makes me happy. Lol.

And I also watched The Mindy Project! Adam Pally's last show. I didn't know if it was the season finale or not... but that was quite a twist. Didn't see it coming, until I realized she got a medical exam... and then yeah that makes sense. I also loved the joke about Mindy and Malala getting confused because that happens in real life.That was funny.

I saw the movie Black or White... I have a review on that that I just posted if you want to read that.

I watched the second episode in the premier of Fresh Off The Boat. It was pretty funny, but it was a little like all the other shows ABC has. I thought the Mom on the show was really funny and crazy and the narration was cute and touching, much like The Goldbergs but of corse I like Patton Oswalt's voice more. He's Ratatouille! Lol. I didn't see the first episode in the series yet, so idk if it takes place currently or in the 90s or 80s or something... theres something very pre 00's about it, which also reminds me of The Goldbergs. Its funny, but not my favorite show. Like most of ABC's comedies, but thats okay.

I watched my other Wednesday night shows too. Broad City and Workaholics. Broad City was extra good this week. It has really been AMAZING this season. Like I thought it was good last season, but it's been especially funny this season. I loved Illana's mom and everything going on with Abbi... crazy. Lol. And on FXX there was Always Sunny, which was brilliant! The One Take was just so funny, so great. Charlie Day is definitely one of the funniest actors on tv... the whole cast was just brilliant. I loved Dennis's "alright alright alright." Just all really funny. Really done well. This is a good episode for film geeks. Its the Birdman of Always Sunny episodes. Lol. Man Seeking Woman was also really funny. I would say if you like the show Louie and the podcast Welcome To Nightvale, you would like this show. Its got the same kind of format as Louie where its almost 2 different episodes, but it has the craziness of Nightvale.

I watched How To Get Away With Murder, and Scandal, which I already mentioned how I'm watching that more or less. How To Get Away With Murder is just really really good. Its gotten so much better too. I love it!

And of corse it wouldn't be complete without Comedy Bang Bang. Such a funny talk show. Eric Andre was a guest on one of the episodes and he's a good guest. I didn't know he had a show, I should watch it.

I also watched some Big Bang Theory, which was okay this week and I saw some okay repeats. And something called Celebrity Name Game... which was good but it aggravated me a little cause these two guys on it were really bad at giving clues. They described Frasier Crane as a sitcom with a guy and his brother and they have a dog. And then said "there's also a flamingo" like a Crane bird... but thats impossible to get. It was bad. Lol, but if people are good its good.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f