Skip to main content

Scribbles About News: End of Feb

1) Oscars- So I'm going to take some guesses on what is going to win the oscars right now... I am writing this the day before... I'm going to guess what is going to win and see how it holds up.

Best Picture- Boyhood probably. Everyone is saying how hard it is to make a movie over 12 years and the academy will probably just go "yeah its hard" and vote for it because of that.

Best Actor- It probably should be Bradley Cooper, but The Academy never goes for war movies... but Hollywood loves Hollywood, so I'm going to say Michael Keaton for Birdman. It must have been incredibly difficult to do that movie with pretty much all long takes. He's probably going to win and I'm probably going to cry at his speech.

Best Actress- Idk who is nominated for this even... lol. Probably Julianne Moore. She's won everything right? Yeah, she'll win. Lol. I'm rooting for Rosamund Pike... she could have a chance maybe... not likely lol. She's been nominated so many times before too, and she's one of those people that can be really good in really bad movies... so I'd be okay with her winning... but I love Rosamund Pike for Gone Girl. Lol.

Best Supporting Actor- Everyone is saying its a no brainer and JK Simmons will win, so probably him.

Best Supporting Actress- Probably Patricia Arquette.

Best Director- I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Wes Anderson... just cause this was the only movie I saw that was nominated for Best Picture. Out of all the films nominated I've only seen The Grand Budapest Hotel, Gone Girl, Into The Woods, The Lego Movie, and Guardians of the Galaxy. Lol. I'm more for fun movies... although I have to say I'm sure all the nominees are really good this year. I want to see The Imitation Game, American Sniper and Birdman. Selma, Whiplash and Boyhood too kind of. Thats everything except The Theory of Everything... lol. Ohhh Maleficent and Unbroken were nominated too. Yayyy I saw those! Lol.

Best Song- I really really hope the Lego Movie wins... although I guess the guys from The Lonely Island aren't actually nominated themselves to win it. Thats sad, I thought they wrote it. Ohhh well...

And The Winners Are...

Best Supporting Actor- JK Simmons!

Best Supporting Actress- Patricia Arquette! I think she has EO now!

Best Director- Allejandro - I was happy he won! It must have been incredibly difficult to do a whole movie in long shots.

Best Actor- Eddie Redmayne- Wow wasn't expecting him to win! I think I like the direction this is going in though because as of now (I'm posting this right when he's doing his speech.) every movie has won a little somethin. Whiplash, Boyhood, Immitation Game, Birdman, and Selma have all won pretty major awards. American Sniper won a sound editing award, and Grand Budapest won most of what it was nominated for. Ohhh and The Theory of Everything, duh! Lol.

Best Actress- A lot of these aren't nominated for best picture, which is interesting. I want Rosamund to win. I'd be pretty happy with anyone though. Ohhh yay Julianne Moore won! She's been nominated soooo many times before! One year she was nominated for best actress and best supporting actress and now She's finally won! She looks so good up there. She is a really good actress. She's so humble too! I think this movie would be hard for me to watch because my grandfather had Alzheimer's and I get a little sad watching these movies. All the other actresses look so happy for her too. Thats nice.

Best Picture- Sean Penn is presenting this? He seems so happy to be here... lol. Whoever presents for best picture always seems so over it. Lol. Birdman! The movie I wanted to see! And a weird racist but not really joke from Penn. Naomi Watts has such a pretty dress! So does Emma Stone! Yayyy! What I wanted to see won! Lol. I feel like I picked a winner any time something I want to see wins.

Other notable things: There was a lot of good and bad style. Lupita Nyongo wore a very daring dress made out of pearls and I think its one of the most beautiful dresses ever. I also loved Emma Stone, Naomi Watts (which I just mentioned) Eddie Redmayne's wife... Andy Samberg's wife. Anna Kenderick (arrival dress) , Lady Gaga's Performance dress, Jennifer Hudson's arrival dress, Jennifer Aniston's dress, Jennifer Lopez's dress... Nancy Carell's was okay but I didn't love the neckline... which was what I thought of a lot of the dresses I didn't love. Yeah. Lol. Ohhh and Anna Farris and ScarJo.

I think John Travolta was on Molly and trying to prove he was straight and kept getting weirdly touchy with women. In particular ScarJo and Adele Dazeem. Their bit was really funny.

The Lego Movie had a really cute and feel good performance. Channing Tatum looked so honored and excited for his Lego Oscar. Oprah, Emma Stone, and Steve Carell also received Lego Oscars... and Will Arnett came dressed as batman! That was awesome... but really John Legend and Common's performance was the performance of the night. They were really great. It must have been really hard to write a song that captured such a historic moment and really stay true to the time period, but also include current events.

I thought NPH wasn't that funny, but I thought he was entertaining. I liked the opening number a lot. I thought he did a good job overall. His bits were pretty good even though they weren't all that funny.

Lady Gaga's performance was phenomenal.

So yeah... thats my oscar wrap-up.

2)Ben Woolf dies from brain injury- Last week I mentioned that Ben Woolf AKA Meep from American Horror Story Freak Show was hit in the head by the mirror of a car. Today it was confirmed that the actor passed away at the age of 34. I'm really sad about this, of corse I loved Meep and I really wanted to see more of him and I was hoping he would come back for season 4 and other seasons, not necessarily as Meep because Meep died, but as another character. Very sad to hear this news. I really wanted him to be in more seasons. He will be missed.

3) Benji Madden gets the name "Cameron" Tattooed on his chest- Apparently married life has been good to Benji as he got a tattoo of his new wife Cameron Diaz's name tattooed on his chest. This is an excellent idea as celebrity marriages have such a record of being incredibly successful... this is a bad idea for anyone. Tattoos are permanent... 50 percent of marriages end in divorce... those aren't good odds. Lol. Idk, I just think its stupid. If someone were to get my name tattooed on them I would divorce them immediately because I think it'd look stupid. Nothing wrong with tattoos, I don't think I'll ever get one and I'm usually attracted to guys without tattoos... so that might be part of it... but I mean come on. Its basically a way to guarantee you're going to get divorced. BTW I have no idea if this pic is real or not... but I liked the joke so I kept it here... lol.



4) There were a lot of racist comments about the Oscars- Has anyone else noticed that there have been a lot of flat out racist comments made about this years Oscars? I know there is controversy because there was not much diversity among the nominees... but there were also A TON of racist comments made after... well okay there were two comments I've heard so far... but I mean its racism... 2 is too many.

First off a reporter used the J word in performance of Lady Gaga's performance. Kristi Capel of Fox 8 Cleaveland used the word to describe Lady Gaga's performance... and then on Twitter she apologized and said she had no idea what the word meant. I kind of think thats a stretch to say that you don't know what the word means at all. I mean if you're reading this blog and you see me say "the J Word" and aren't sure what it means, thats one thing. Its an old word, it does make sense that people don't know it... but thats the thing... this is an old word. You're saying you've never seen a movie about race and someone has said this word and its clearly been offensive. Also she's a journalist... I had a journalism class where we had a unit about some of the biases of news networks and how the media used to set these very racist tones basically controlling viewers and gave them all these stereotypes that we're still trying to overcome today. I kind of find it incredibly hard to believe she didn't have any experience with this word at all in her entire career as a journalist and her college training to become a journalist. Thats complete crap, she knew exactly what she was saying and should be fired because of it. I mean literally the last time I heard this word was in a journalism class... so I'm sure she's heard it before.

Also here is something: If you don't know what a word means, maybe don't say it on television! If you think you're making a word up, maybe don't use it while you're reporting something.

And secondly Giuliana Rancic mentioned that Zendaya's hair smelled. Specifically she mentioned it smelling like "patchouli oil... or maybe weed." And she also defended herself and I call complete and udder BS on this because they would never say that about a white person. Fashion Police is not about what celebrities smell like, its about what celebrities are wearing. I also think its wrong to criticize anyone for smelling like weed... especially a teenager. Weed is illegal, so basically by saying that Rancic is accusing a young girl of a crime. And even though Rancic says that it wasn't racially charged, it is literally the definition of racially charged. Zendaya defended herself very nicely and classy and told Rancic to listen to India Arie's "My hair"

And yeah, I feel like both of these women should be fired because they're being paid to report, there is sort of an implication to "think before you speak" I believe... and they clearly CLEARLY are not doing that even slightly. I probably put more thought into this blog post, which I do for free than they did in any of their reporting. I'm not a journalist, but I think I could do a better job than these 2 star reporters... just sayin.

And Sean Penn's remark about "someone get this guy a green card" was stupid too...

Breaking: Kelly Osbourne rumored to quit Fashion police- 1) Idk how accurate this info is. I saw it somewhere online, but it was from a slightly more accurate source. 2) I think thats kind of cool because I wouldn't want to work with Giuliana either 3) Its totally not cool because she was there on the show when Rancic said what she did and probably said nothing. Didn't see the show itself, so idk for a fact that that happened... but yeah.

Giuliana Rancic apologizes- She should have apologized immediately, but instead she just defended herself. If she had apologized straight off the bat, I'd find it more sincere but she said "no it wasn't about race" which it probably wasn't supposed to be, Hello Giggles referred to it as "Casual Racism" which is what leads to stereotypes. If Miley Cyrus smelled like weed, she probably wouldn't have said anything. Lol. Also Zendaya accepted the apology and said that she's glad it was a learning experience. Zendaya is super classy.

5) Apple finally releases racially diverse emojis- Great! Now all our worlds problems are solved and we will no longer have issues about race in America. Rancic and Capel will be fired or forced to go to sensitivity training and become better people because of it and everything will be right with the world. Now that we have racially diverse emojis, everything WILL be awesome!

Except not. My guess is that people will use them for offensive slurs. Its nice that they have the option for emoji's don't get me wrong. But we can change emoji's and it seems as though we can't change racism.

6) American Sniper author Chris Kyle's murderer found guilty in final verdict-  The man that killed both Chris Kyle and his friend Chad Littlefield was found guilty of murder in Texas. Because the court did prove that there was reason of insanity, he is not getting the death penalty I believe. This article explains it a little better probably, I still haven't seen the movie or read the book or anything,its really a tragedy though. Chris Kyle's wife went to the Oscars with her sister and of corse people were asking about it and she couldn't really talk about the court case for obvious reasons... but it was a lot for her to handle. I think the success of the movie, the level of attention it brought to the case and even the criticisms its gotten have been a lot for both the Kyle and Littlefield families to deal with and they must be at ease a little bit knowing that he was found guilty.

7) Lady Gaga to star in American Horror Story: Hotel- On a lighter note... Lady Gaga will be starring in this season of American Horror Story in place of Jessica Lange and the theme of the series is Hotel... Kind of wish they had a catchier title, but that sounds like a good premise to me. I've been following it a little bit and a lot of people were thinking that there would be themes of communism and something to do with WWII or something like that. I'm not sure. I kind of want it to take place present day with time jumps the way the first and third seasons did, just because I like that format.

I also love Gaga and I'm excited to see her in this. I had a dream last night that it was announced that the next season would be called Duplex... thats pretty close! Did not guess Lady Gaga though. Thats cool.



8) Reboot Time!- So there was a lot in reboot news this week. Duck Tails is getting a reboot on Disney XD. The kids that are getting this reboot are super lucky, the original of corse will be far superior... but Duck Tails is pretty dang amazing, so I am happy it is returning.

Netflix is also bumping on the cartoon reboot bandwagon and doing a reboot of Inspector Gadget. This is a CGI reboot... which sucks a little, but it actually looks cute and not creepy, so that should be fun. Inspector Gadget is also funny.

There was also a fan made Power Rangers video with James Van Der Beek. I have yet to watch this, but I plan on going viral in the near future and maybe I'll talk about it there.

And since we are talking about reboots DONALD GLOVER FOR SPIDERMAN! Thank you!

Jem and The Holograms released their first photos too. That is cool.

Original Inspector Gadget: 

Reboot: 


9) What color is the dress?- Okay, this is a thing. There is a picture of a dress that is tearing families apart. Its a dress that is probably blue and black because I see it as white and gold... Idk Nia Vardalos said that if you see it as Blue and Black it means you might have cataracts... I bet people are having their vision tested because of this dress thing. It has something to do with shadows and lighting and its stupid that its this big thing... but at the same time I'm totally fascinated by the debates people are having because of this. I don't understand why people were debating this when the How To Get Away With Murder finale was so good... but whatever, to each their own I guess? Idk. Its gold right? Because I said that I know it must be blue. Lol. Also Viola Davis favorited my tweet saying what I just said about HTGAWM. Which is cool, so I'm okay with this meme.

There was also something about llamas that seemed more entertaining, but the celebrity fights over the dress are too funny. I don't think Julianne Moore, BJ Novak and Mindy Kaling will ever be in a room together again. 

10) Lupita Nyong'o's Oscar dress stolen?- you guys know how I feel about Lupita's Oscar dress... it is my favorite ever. And now someone has stolen it and that person is a crazy person and I hate them. People should be focusing on this dress instead of the stupid ugly dress that was in a crappy photo.

11) Madonna injured after Fall Onstage- Madonna recently fell onstage at a concert and everyone is laughing about it... but she actually hurt herself. I'm not quite sure the extent of the injuries, but I saw the video and its a pretty bad fall. Hopefully she will recover well and get back onstage and not fall again!

RIP Leonard Nimoy- The actor that is known for playing Spock in the Star Trek franchise, the original, passed away this week. I believe he went into the hospital last week. I never really watched Star Trek, but I saw one of the movies that was more or less about environmental issues and we had to write a paper about it in 7th Grade and that really stuck out. I think it was one that he was in, I really don't know. It wasn't Zachary Quinto lol, idk if there have been any other Spocks. It seems like there really shouldn't be because he was so iconic that he really brought this character to life in a show that really did boldly go where no show has gone before. He will truly Live Long and Prosper.


This Week's Quotes: 
"Motherf*ckers wanna laugh"- Harris Wittels 

"Stay Weird, Stay Different"- Graham Moore 



Also the Parks and Rec Finale was Perfect! I am still going to do Parks and Rec week... but I need to finish Yes Please lol.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f