Skip to main content

It List: February 2015

I'm still having trouble writing 2015 here... so yeah lol.

1) Nivea In Shower Body Lotion- This stuff is fantastic. Its a lotion that you put on in the shower and rinse off and its supposed to moisturize. This idea is amazing because I like to put lotions on when my legs are still wet, that locks in the moisture a little... but most lotions aren't formulated to do that. So this works really well for that. The packaging is also great for the functions of it, again not many lotions have as good packaging for in-shower use. So this is perfect for that. I have a full review on it here. Its just great. I noticed results instantly. I have the one for very dry skin, but they also have a normal version and a dry skin version. Its great. It also smells a lot like Moonlight Path from Bath and Body Works, so thats cool.

2) Smores Goldfish Grahams- These are absolutely awesome. I love the Graham Cracker goldfish in general, but these are probably my favorite. They have regular graham cracker goldfish, chocolate graham goldfish and marshmallow goldfish. I also feel good eating these because its cute and it reminds me of childhood. If you're ever scared of being a grown up or anything, buy some goldfish. It will make you feel better!

3) Red Velvet Dove Chocolates+ Oreos- So because its around Valentine's day I suppose, a lot of snacks have special Red Velvet flavors... and they are KILLIN IT! The Dove chocolate red velvets are absolutely amazing. I love Dove Chocolate, and the little bit of Red Velvet flavor they have is just absolutely amazing. Another amazing thing I didn't think I would like at all are the red velvet Oreos. These are amazing. My one complaint about them is that the package is smaller than regular oreos, and I didn't think I would like them enough to get two packs, so I only have one... and I just got them yesterday and I think there is one left. Lol. My mom and my sister, and probably my dad were eating these too, so it wasn't all me... it was probably mostly me though lol.

I was scared off by the "cream cheese" filling. I don't love the icing on Red Velvet cupcakes a lot of times because its a little too cream cheesy and the flavors go... but I would prefer more of an icing than a cream cheese. This was definitely more of an icing than cream cheese, so it tasted pretty amazing... and now I have to get like 20 more boxes because these are limited edition. Lol.

4) Dark Places by Gillian Flynn- I started reading Dark Places by Gillian Flynn recently and its really really good and very dark. I'm a fan of Gillian Flynn books and one thing I love about them is the really dark worlds that all of these books take place in. I think that this is like the darkest and strangest universe of them all. Its about a girl Libby Day who's family was murdered when she was 7 years old I believe and she claimed that she saw her brother commit the murders. Now she is an adult and she needs money, so she goes to speak at something called a "kill club" and they tell her that they don't think her brother is guilty at all. I haven't gotten all that far into reading this yet, but I'm already very weirded out an interested. Out of all 3 of Gillian Flynn's books, I have to say this kind of grabbed me and got me interested the soonest. Gone Girl is my favorite book but at first I was like "this isn't that good its just about a guy that killed his wife" and that was soooo much more than just a murder book. Sharp Objects I loved too, but I think the point that got me most interested was when she explained why she was in a mental institution. This one is just so weird already, that I can tell I'm in for some good twists and turns and I'm loving it.

I'm also reading Yes Please by a little known actress named Amy Poehler. It is amazing. I'm loving it... If I don't have a review up just yet I will. I feel like I mentioned this in a previous It List, but I stopped reading it because of finals/I wanted to read Nia Vardalos's book... so that is the only reason why I'm not flat out mentioning this. Even if you don't watch Parks and Rec or you didn't watch her on SNL, I still think you would like this book. Its so funny and true and a good read, especially for women and young girls even. I mean there is cursing and mention of sex... but I feel like anyone that knows what sex is can read this book. Lol. Not that thats all she talks about, and she doesn't go into great detail about everything to the best of my knowledge... but when I say young girls can read this, if you buy it for too young of a girl they may have some questions... and they might not want to read this anyway, idk how cool Amy Poehler is to the young kids of the world... but she's super cool to me and thats why I think this is a great book. Lol.

And if you like improv, this would be good too!

5) French Lavender and Honey body spray from B&BW- I just got a little sample of this for free because I had a coupon for a free travel sized item and this is just a really nice sweet pretty scent. It isn't straight up lavender, but its very floral and fresh and I've really been liking it.

6) Better Call Saul- As of the time I'm writing this, only one episode has aired... but I'm a huge fan of it already. I loved Breaking Bad, I love Bob Odenkirk as an actor... he will have an MCM soon I'm sure... and I think Vince Gilligan is amazing. I loved the X Files and breaking bad... even his guest spot on Community... the guy is absolutely brilliant and amazing. This show is both funny and sad and suspenseful and I'm really excited to see where its going. I'm also really happy that this is starting right as Parks and Rec is ending because... I just think its great and I'm going to miss Parks and Rec sooooo dang much!

And I now have a review on the first couple of episodes, which you can read right... (link)

7) Scandal- I've also been watching a lot of Scandal lately. I started watching the episode right after the winter finale because I saw the end of the Winter Finale and I knew what happened. I'm also going back and watching the beginning because I haven't seen it all. I started watching it a couple years ago, and I was watching it basically the day before my dog Lucky died, so I had kind of stopped watching it after that, and we unsubscribed to Netflix for a little bit, and now we are subscribed again and I can watch it again! Really digging it so far... and I think I'm team Jake and not team Fitz. Fitz is a bit of an asshole the first season, so yeah. Not a big fan. Really I'm team Olivia because she's strong and independent on her own... but Jake is some nice eye candy and Fitz isn't bad either.

Also Kerri Washington is just GORGEOUS! Love her so much, she seems like she's a real sweet person too.

8) Color Club Hey Gorgeous Nail Polish- I think I've mentioned Color Club's nail polishes before, but I need to give a shout out to this one in particular because I think its my favorite nail polish ever. Its like a berry red color. It looks so red in certain lights and then soo plummy looking at different angles. I'm kind of obsessed. I don't know how readily available this is anymore, Color Club isn't the easiest brand to find, and this was a limited edition holiday color... so it may be super impossible, but if you stumble across it, definitely pick it up. I actually won mine in a facebook giveaway, which makes it even better!

9) Pixi By Petra Ultimate Beauty Kit 2nd Edition- Again, idk if this is readily available. I think Target brought it back on clearance for Valentines Day/Presidents day. They have a lot of beauty items on clearance right now. I guess they're doing these every holiday season. They still have it on Pixi's website for $34 dollars I believe, I found it on sale for $17 at my Target... which is a steal. It has 40 eyeshadows and 12 blushes/highlights and contours. So far not a dud in the bunch. I just got this, so this is a little early to be on the It List... but I'm so excited about it and if you find it at your target... do not overlook it. Some of the eyeshadows are the easiest eyeshadows I've ever worked with... and it is literally made with pixi dust I think because its amazing.

Also I believe Pixi is a UK brand... this may be more readily available across the pond... lol but yeah if you see this at Target pick it up. I think this is a Holiday Kit like for Christmas but since they're doing the clearance thing there now its probably more readily available. I have a couple posts of it on my other blog... so I will link it right... here and here.

10) American Eagle Live Your Life Perfume- I guess this is more of a beauty month cause I mentioned all my favorite shows and things last week. Anyway this is just a nice sweet smell thats still kind of grown up. Its a little vanilla-y but I think there are other things in there too and idk. I really like American Eagle to begin with and I feel like my room looks like an American Eagle right now lol. It looks like a combo between American Eagle, Bath and Body Works, Ulta and a minion specific toy store. And this is a little expensive for an in-store fragrance, but I used a coupon, they have coupons like all the time if you're a rewards card member... so yeah thats good. Lol. Really happy with it!

That is it! Hope you guys check out this stuff!

Byee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f