Skip to main content

Scribbles about News: 2nd week of Feb

1) Woman gives birth to 14 pound baby- Ohhhhhh no. No. No. Noooo. Umm a woman gave birth to a child that weighs more than my maltese. She is the best woman in the entire world, I would say better than most in any universe and I wish her and the baby the best luck in the entire world. This is the biggest baby known to date... I'm wondering what this baby will be like when it grows up. It might be super tall or really big, or maybe just really tiny or something. Its kinda cool to be born a record breaker though. It is... wow. Lol.

2) Nia Vardalos to guest star on Jane the Virgin- Nia Vardalos news will always be reported on right here. Lol. The star and writer of My Big Fat Greek Wedding said that she liked the show and now she's going to get a guest starring role on it. She said that she also really likes Porshe's lol. I really love this show and I find it empowering and Nia Vardalos is also a super empowering person in my life too... so it just makes sense.

3) The Grammys- I totally missed the Grammy's last week because of Better Call Saul but here are some of the highlights. Sam Smith won a bunch, which is cool I love Sam Smith. And Beck won for Record of The Year I think, and Kanye joked and got up on stage and Chrissy Teegan went "eeeeeeee" again and then he walked off stage laughing. And then later said BEYONCE WAS ROBBED! I know who Beyonce is, I hear her all the time, she has a lot of money and is the leader of a cult or something. I have no idea who Beck is, I've heard the name, he's probably very talented and deserves the award... and as far as I know didn't sell his soul to satan or anything to get fame... so thats cool. I don't think Beyonce is at all robbed of any awards.

And other than that I haven't heard anything about performances or crazy things. Weird Al won, but they announced that before the ceremony, so it wasn't televised or anything. So yeah, I hope Weird Al EGOT's one day. Or EGOT SGCA's (emmy, grammy, oscar, tony, spike guys choice award.)

4) Jon Stewart announces he is leaving the Daily Show- Wow. I remember when Jon Stewart STARTED the daily show. I was upset. I mean I was like... 6, but I remember Craig Kilbourne was really funny with the Clinton thingys and I really had no idea what was going on with the Clinton thingys... but I feel like a lot of people around my age knew what sex was pretty early because of the Clinton scandal. Teen Mom wouldn't exist without the Clinton administration. Lol.

Anyway yeah I remember Kilbourne saying "Linda Trip is a man baby" and that was really funny to a 6 year old. But Stewart did a good job, he was equally funny if not funnier. My mom actually met him and his family and said that they were all really nice. And he said he heard his family is very nice, so he's going to spend some more time with them. I think thats cute. From what my mom said he sounded like a great father. My mom met a few famous people at Borders and he was one of the nicest. I'm going to miss his show. And I don't know who is going to replace him, but I'm sure SHE will do a great job (seriously comedy central... get a woman!)


5) Benedict Cumberbatch got married- Benedict Cumberbatch of Sherlock and photobombing fame got married over the weekend to his fiance I would imagine. I hope that he photobombs all of the wedding photos.

6) Brian Williams suspended from NBC- I believe the news anchor has been suspended for 6 months... might be weeks, but I think its months after the lie that he told on national TV and then got caught in it and now we suspect he told other lies because... thats what happens. Lol. So uhhh yeah. That is a thing that happened.


7) Axl Heck to leave The Middle?- Things aren't looking too good for another season of The Middle. All the stars contracts are up this year, and they have yet to be renewed for another season. I feel like its been getting better, but its also kind of run its corse. The actor that plays Axl Heck was just offered a pilot for CBS that is created or produced by Greg Garcia from My Name Is Earl, Raising Hope and The Millers. Yeah... don't really love The Middle, but I like it and I'm not a big fan of Garcia's shows but I think its good that Axl is getting a TV show. He's funny and talented, so it might be pretty good.

8) Apple to Make electric car?- According to Facebook News, Apple is working on an electric car. I wonder if it will be like an ICar. Lol. I am a fan of Apple products, but I feel like this is weird and could possibly be a miss. Idk. Ummm I don't drive, so if it dries itself that would be cool for me. Idk if I even believe this, but yeah. Thats a thing I read. Lol.

9) 60 Minutes anchor dies in car accident- 60 minutes anchor Bob Simon was involved in a fatal car crash. Apparently there were reports on Simon's drivers erratic driving. Simon was working on a report about Ebola with his daughter who was working as a producer. This is sad news for the journalism community. Bob Simon was a very good award winning journalist who reported good international reports. They showed a clip of an award winning story he did about somewhere in Africa I believe where kids recycled instruments and learned how to play them.

So that is it this week. Not a huge news week... but some important stuff is happening.

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f