Skip to main content

Scribbles about TV: 2nd week of Feb

So here is what I watched this lovely cold Valentine's week.

I watched Grey's Anatomy from last week. I had stopped watching this show for a while, but when I was taking my improv class on Thursdays last semester it was usually on when I got home from class and I was eating dinner... and I've gotten attached, so I don't totally know who everyone is or everything that is happening... but I like it. I have the first 3 seasons on DVD, those are probably the best, so I may rewatch those and catch up a little bit... there are 11 seasons now, so I have a lot of catching up... but its such a good show. On shows like Desperate Housewives and soap operas and even Jane The Virgin right now, there are a lot of storylines that are just stupid. This has never been one of those shows in my opinion.... so yeah. I like it. 

I also watched some Comedy Bang Bang. There were some episodes I had dvred that I didn't watch yet, so I caught up on those. Always a funny show. I mention it like every week cause I watch it a lot. 

I watched a little bit of The Hunger Games. I was only half watching it because there was nothing on before 10... I forgot about the Grammys and at 10 on sunday there was something I really wanted to watch... so I watched this to kill some time. I didn't see Mockingjay part 1 yet... I always forget how much I like these movies until they're actually out... so I'm going to have to watch that when its on Netflix, cause these usually go on Netflix early... so that is good. 

And the show I was most excited about... BETTER CALL SAUL! Uhhh! I was so excited for it and I did not think it disappointed at all! Especially the end of the pilot! Omg! I have a review of it right (link) 

I also caught up a little on Episodes. I love this show, but to me its a little boring to watch on a week-to-week basis, so I kind of prefer bingewatching it. Its an amazing and funny show, don't get me wrong, but it should be on Netflix. How I feel when I watch Bojack Horseman is kind of how I feel when I watch this. It is really good though, so I will keep watching! 

And I watched Last week's New Girl! I forgot about this last week, cause I do like Marry Me a little better and I prefer watching that... but this was really funny this week. Zooey Deschannel is adorable and I forgot how much I liked this show really.

I watched Jane The Virgin... which was quite excellent this week. It was really sad and real and I thought Gina Rodreguiz did a great job, the woman that plays her mom did a great job. I was on the edge of my seat kind of. I'm still really into Rose as Sin Rostro... and the end, I still don't understand really. I need to rewatch this. Was Raphael involved in killing someone? I was confused by that... I'm going to look it up now actually... cause I didn't know what really happened. Okay it seems I am not the only confused person here. It was Zasso or whoever the guy Petra was having the affair with that was Raphael's best friend that showed up at the end... what? I'm confused and possibly heartbroken. It took place in current time, it wasn't like a flashback or anything. I guess they could have faked the death.. but really tho? Didn't the police inspect that? Idk. Raphael is up to somethin... I'm a bit weirded out by it.

I watched Parks and Rec... I didn't love the first episode to be honest. I would have rather seen more of Ben's campaign... I'm glad they got back to the April story... but I think it lost some momentum by doing that. I liked the second episode because of Woman of The Year and the Pie-zone. It was a good episode.

And I watched the Mindy Project and New Girl. New Girl was meh and Mindy was good. I think TV was mostly meh this week. I didn't feel like the end of New Girl wrapped up really well. It was pretty open-ended still... and Mindy I was happy Danny finally stepped up and said "we're a family" and everyone was happy!

And Kroll Show was on... The In Additions To may be the best movie that never existed. I thought it was funny.

I watched most of ABC's Wednesday night line up. I saw The Middle and it was okay. Modern Family was pretty good, but I think the winners of the night were Blackish and The Goldbergs. The Goldbergs I've pretty much thought was only okay most of the time I watched it... but its been getting super funny and I thought this week was really good. And Blackish was sooo soo funny. I love when the little girl tried to compliment the pizza guy and she said "You have the right amount of limbs" and I liked Hoodfellas. I think Anthony Anderson is pretty funny on the show... but I think that Tracee Ellis Ross is the real star. She's amazing and in this episode particularly she was super great!

I watched Brooklyn 99 With Nick Kroll also! That was a funny episode! Rosa from Brooklyn 99 was also on Modern Family as Gloria's sister... so that was really cool. She's a funny actress and it was hard to see her as the "ugly plain sister" when she is super gorgeous IRL!

Workaholics and Broad City were both great this week! I loved the #fomo story because thats very true especially for young girls. And Workaholics was funny too. I don't even know if I want to get into it... it was funny. There have been funnier eps... but it was good.

Man Seeking Woman was pretty good this week. I love Jorma as Cupid. I thought the penis monster was funny. Always Sunny was pretty funny too... I thought of it more of a miss than a hit, but Always Sunny is always pretty good even if it isn't the best episode... so there were some laughs.

The Daily Show, The Nightly Show and At Midnight were all great this week too. The Daily Show, you've probably heard about their big announcement... sometime next year there will be a new host. The Nightly Show did a special episode where they answered viewers questions and got to hot topics people on twitter wanted to get to. That was cool. And At Midnight did a Walking Dead episode, which is cool. So those were all good.

Just half watched Grey's Anatomy... it was okay. Pretty strong okay, but I don't know if I'd rate it above okay. Watching Scandal currently even though I only sort of know whats going on...  And that was pretty good. And then I watched How To Get Away With Murder which was good.

I also watched The Interview after all of that... and I have to say I actually liked it a lot more than I thought I was. I didn't think it was the funniest movie ever and a lot of the jokes in the first half of the movie were kinda dumb... some predictable... but the end was actually really exciting and funny. I was generally like edge of my seat, whats going to happen, but I was also laughing because a lot of funny stuff happened... Its on Netflix now, I thought it was good enough to watch. I didn't like it better than This is The End... but I really liked This is The End, so yeah. Lol.

I watched The Slap, which is the weirdest show I've ever watched. It's like someone tried to make a play that was kind of like American Beauty, but without any of the interesting parts and they failed at making it a play and made it an NBC show instead. Unless it was a play before. This was laughably bad. I thought everything about it, including the name looked laughably bad. It has far too many people in it and there isn't enough of a concept. Its an interesting look on life... but its too weird and boring for me. I'm not sure if this is an actual series or a mini series... The cast is huge and there are pretty big names in it, so its going to be incredibly expensive to produce if it is a series. NBC just got rid of its big ensemble drama that cost a lot of money to make... I'm not sure why they would bring in this terrible one to be honest. Yeah it was bad. I can see if people like it why they'd like it... but it was weird. The main character creeped me out because he was fetishising a young girl... it seemed offensive to women because of corse the Slap was caused by the parents and the mom that still breast fed her child even though he was over the age of 6 at the very least I'd say... and of corse when a kid is a brat its the moms fault. I was going to watch it just to have a good laugh, and it is laughably bad, but its also rather dramatic and real... so I can see why you wouldn't like it either.

I also saw 50 Shades of Grey. I didn't read the book cause I didn't think I'd like it... I'll have a full review of the movie tomorrow... but I'll give you a bit of a teaser. I figured there was still a lot of movie left and I thought we had gotten to the climax of the movie, so I went to go to the bathroom... and then the movie was over 10 seconds after I left. Lol. So that tells you a little bit about what I thought...

Byee!
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f