Skip to main content

Some cool Valentine's Day Movies that Guys And Girls Can Enjoy!

I was going to post a review for Better Call Saul today... but I need to watch both episodes again... so I figured I'd post some cool romantic type movies that are good for guys and girls. Not every guy wants to cuddle and watch The Notebook on Valentine's Day... but lots of guys do and thats pretty cool. Also probably a lot of girls are forced into watching crappy super hero movies on dates, which is just a ploy to try to get you to make out with them. And yeah, its a good strategy. 

Now these might not be all romantic movies or Rom Coms or anything like that... but a lot of them I think can be things girls and guys will like together. 

1) My Big Fat Greek Wedding- Okay, this may be a guys top choice... but I don't see who wouldn't find this movie funny and fun to watch. Its funny, its cute its a real story. I've seen this movie a million times and I don't get tired of it. I'm probably going to watch it alone on Valentine's day. You guys know Nia Vardalos is my idol, so yeah. Pretty much any movie with her in it I think guys and girls can both dig. 

I'm not the biggest on Rom-Coms but all her movies are good and cute. Connie and Carla and My Life in Ruins are also great. Ohhh and I Hate Valentine's Day! Of corse thats a good Valentine's Day movie! 

2) Forgetting Sarah Marshall- This is one of my favorite movies. Its a good one that is more for guys, and girls if you aren't into the "R- Rated Comedy" type of humor, this isn't for you. A lot of girls don't like that... but this movie is so funny and even though its a break up movie, the end is happy. And you get to see different parts of a relationship. 40 Year Old Virgin and Knocked up are also possible picks if you want to go the Apatow route... but this movie is better. 

3) Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist- So I'm not a huge fan of this movie... but I really liked it when I first saw it. So much so that I actually saw it twice in theaters. Its really a love movie and its cute, but its also not a typical girl movie. I think its something you could watch together and enjoy. Its good. 

4) Saving Silverman- This is a cool movie. I watched it with a cool guy and it was fun. It really isn't a typical girl movie, but its not like a typical guy movie either. If you've seen There's Something About Mary, its a little like that. Its a good date night movie because its funny and has a cute/good ending. Its on Netflix too, so its easily available. Its a really good movie and I think a lot of people will really like it. Also guys love Jack Black and Jason Biggs and they are both in this movie. Steve Zahn is too, and I think dudes like him too. Idk. Its good lol. I was just thinking Steve Zahn kind of bothers me, but then I remembered he was in this movie and its pretty dang good. 

5) Up- If you were to ask me the greatest love story of all time, I'd definitely pick this one. Its just so great. If your guy is into animated movies, this one is a great one. You'll probably cry... but its good. 

6) Wall- E- My other favorite love story! Same deal as Up. Loves it. 

7) Bridesmaids- Such a funny movie! Its not even really a rom com, its more like a buddy movie but with chicks. I'm a huge fan of this movie and it is a good one that is funny no matter who you are. 

8) Fever Pitch- I feel like this was girls tricking guys into seeing a Rom Com. "Ohhh you want to see this baseball movie with me! Jimmy Fallon is in it!" And then Bam! Total Rom Com! This is a really great movie, I'm a Yankee's fan and this is about a man that loves the Red Sox... and I can get over that. Guys might not be able to... but its a good one. 

9) Pitch Perfect- Again, might not be a guys top pick... but Anna Kenderick is hot and its really funny and I think guys will like it! Plus the Green Bay Packers are in the sequel, so you could definitely get a Packers fan into this. Lol. I feel like if a guy liked Mean Girls, this is also a pretty safe bet and I think its a little better for Valentine's Day than Mean Girls. 

10) Glitter- If all else fails, watching a really really bad movie and giving your own commentary to it is always ALWAYS fun... and Glitter is probably my favorite bad movie out there. I haven't seen all of The Room... but Glitter is absolutely amazing and it is kind of a love story... even though Mariah Carey's boyfriend is kind of abusive and he gets murdered and she doesn't seem to care... its a really really funny bad movie that is really enjoyable to watch. 

Another good but bad movie I think would be a fun Vday movie is Tyler Perry's Temptation... its a horrible movie that bumbards you with a religious message of everyone will get aids if they sleep around type of thing... but if you want a good bad movie, this fits the category. 

So yeah... those are my pics. Tomorrow I will review Better Call Saul, I promise!
Byeee! 
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f