Skip to main content

Chart Chat 7.11.17

To the movies!!!

10) The Beguiled- This looks scary... and I mentioned this last week. I think I want to see this with my sister... probably when it comes out on DVD or Blu Ray because... it's something she would like too... I'll have to ask her if she read the book. I love Sophia Coppola as a director... and I think this movie just looks good.

9) 47 Meters Down- I've talked about this before... I don't have a lot to say about it... but it sounds exciting and I want to see it because I like Mandy Moore. I could watch her in just about anything... she's fantastic... this seems like a more intense movie for her- and I'm excited to see her in that kind of role.

8) The Big Sick- I'm surprised this is so high on the charts considering that it hasn't been released worldwide yet... this looks great! I really want to see this... I might see it on Friday. It's Kumail Nanjiani's real life story. Michael Showalter is awesome and he is directing it... I'm excited for this one and I think everyone should be. I'm guessing this will quickly jump up the charts... maybe not to number 1 but this is a good sign. This is going to be a summer hit!

7) The House- This looked really funny... I love the cast. Feels like it's been done before... but this looks like a fun spin... idk. I'd watch it at some point, but I don't think this will be in theaters much longer and probably not on the charts for much longer either!

6) Cars 3- This movie will probably do even better in merchandise than it's doing in theaters... and I think it was on the top 5 most of it's run... so that's pretty well that it's still going strong. *Spoilers* Lightening McQueen may not have won the Piston Cup in this race... but he certainly has won everyone's hearts in this franchise!

5) Transformers: The Last Knight- Ughhhh... why is this still on the charts????? I can't with Transformers. One day, maybe I'll try. I did try with the first 2 movies... honestly I don't think the first was even that bad... just not my thing. The second was a little worse... and then there's just too much Shia Lebeouf.

4) Wonder Woman- This movie isn't going anywhere- is it? I still need to see this... it still isn't one I'm super ready to see. It's not the movie I want to see the most... I forgot how into Spider Man I was... so I really want to see the new Spider man... but yeah. Want to see this... it was never really at the top of my list... and maybe I'm a bad feminist or something... but it's one I think I can wait for.

3) Baby Driver- This one I want to see... Ansel Elgort, right????? I follow him on Instagram because I like him... hehehe. Anyway he's a good actor and this looks like a great cast and a good movie.

2) Despicable Me 3- I loved this movie!!! I want to see it again and again... I love the minions. They are my favorite... I just watched the first Despicable Me again this weekend... idk. I think I like these just as much. Great movies... I can't see how sooo many people don't love these. Lol.

1) Spider Man: Homecoming- I was a little over Spider Man because it keeps getting re-booted... and none of the other versions are even bad enough to have been dropped so quickly. I just watched The Amazing Spider Man 2 this weekend- that's the one with Andrew Garfield... that shouldn't have ended as abruptly as it did. Spider Man 3... I can kind of see why that was dropped... but I also kind of think it's one of my favorite Spider Man movies... lol. I know there's a lot wrong with it... as soon as I get these DVDs back to wear I can easily reach them... I will do a Throwback Thursday on the Toby Macguire Spiderman movies and re-review them... but Spider Man 3 really isn't as bad as people make it out to be. It probably isn't as good as I'm making it out to be either... half of the movie is Mary Jane and James Franco making an omelet and dancing... there's also a good chunk of the movie dedicated to MJ's acting career... wtf is that about? Lol. Anyway- I'm excited for this new take on Spider Man... and I want to see it even though it still feels too soon.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f