Skip to main content

D23 News, Updates, Disney Movies, Pixar Movies, Disney Parks... A STAR WARS HOTEL????????

Heyyyy guys! So I've been at my computer all weekend trying to guess the Disney Parks News coming up... and I've been pretty excited! I haven't been to Disney in years... but I'm obsessed so I've been excited.


Let's start with some of the movie news... Aladdin has it's cast announced. Mena Messoud as Aladdin, Naomi Scott as Jasmine and Will Smith as Genie. I'm a little disappointed that it isn't James Iglehart- known for the Musical Aladdin... but I'm still excited for this movie. I love Aladdin- I loved the Beauty and the beast movie... and this sounds... good. I really REALLY wanted it to be Iglehart lol. I'm excited to see what Genie looks like.

I'm usually all for remakes and reboots... but when Robin Williams was in the movie... I get a little bit defensive. Not sure why... but the Jumanji remake is bothering me... lol.

Okay anyway that's all I heard about the Live Action movies... which is weird because there was a whole panel on that...

I'm a little more excited about the animated movies... One that sounds really interesting to me is an untitled Pixar movie, that will be an Original movie directed by Dan Scanlon- who directed Monster's University. Monster's University is not the best Pixar movie... it isn't a bad movie- but by Pixar standards it's probably in my bottom 5. So there's obviously no trailer and there was just some concept art released to the panel- I have not seen it... but it takes place in a suburban fairy tale land... and they showed Unicorns in this land like raccoons or something. That sounds really cute and different to me. It is based off of his own childhood. I'm excited for that.

They also announced a little more info about their upcoming Toy Story and Incredibles sequels. Toy Story 4 will take place on a road trip and the toys will help Woody find Bo Peep... and there's a new Paper Doll character. So that should be interesting. Maybe we'll encounter some other toy friends along the way? I feel like there are lots of opportunities for Easter Eggs here.

And we got a hint about The Incredibles 2 villain. The movie will take place 2 minutes after the first movie... so it's going to start out right away with The Underminer as the villain. I'm thinking that maybe he won't be the main villain though... but that's an exciting way to start a movie. Aside from the Toy Story Sequels... the Pixar Sequels aren't my favorites... so there is that. I'll always be more excited for an Original Pixar Movie than a Sequel. I thought I would love Monster's University and Finding Dory more than I did... and again- they weren't bad movies... but compared to how much I love Monster's Inc and Finding Nemo... they fall flat.

Speaking of Original Pixar Movies... they had a song from Coco that was performed- it was a duet between the young boy playing the lead and I'm guessing the actor that plays the guitar player the boy is watching in the teaser. And some more details about that: The boy has to get back from the bridge in time or he'll become a skeleton... or something like that. I'm excited to see this movie. It looks stunning!

Nothing about Frozen 2 yet... but some info on the Olaf animated short coming before Coco. It seems that its about the girls not having holiday traditions because they were always separated and Olaf learns about different cultures and different traditions to tell them about it... it's really cute.

And the highlight of all this from what I've heard is the Wreck It Ralph Breaks The Internet clips that were released. We get to see all of the Disney Princesses together in it... Ralph has to "break the internet" to save Vanelope's game is what I think the plot sounded like... there are lots of very in jokes about other apps and kind of self referential to Disney movies themselves... I didn't like the name "Ralph Breaks the Internet" because of the famous Kardashian Magaszine the phrase "break the internet" came from... but of corse- Ralph breaks things- so he's going to break the internet!

And Taraji P. Henson is In Wreck It Ralph 2 as a "buzzfeed" inspired character named "Yesss." Also interesting about this: Moana is included in the Disney Princess lineup- although she has not been officially crowned as a Disney Princess yet. Kristin Bell and Idina Menzel are also in the movie as Anna and Elsa...  and they have not been officially crowned as Disney Princesses either... so I'm wondering. Also does that make Vanelope a Disney Princess? I'm going to link some Super Carlin Brothers videos at the bottom of all this too!

And the theme park news... let's start off with Disneyland. Paradise Pier is going to be re-themed as Pixar Pier! Which is exciting. The concept art doesn't make it look much different... but who knows. If John Lasseter is involved... it's going to be good. I've never been that impressed with Paradise Pier tbh... I'm from Jersey... so it just looks like every normal boardwalk to me... so now I'm a little more excited for it.

Disneyland is getting new fireworks... they're going to be similar to a special sort of fireworks they did. New characters are coming to both Disneyland and DCA. They're moving a Pixar Parade to Disneyland for the daytime... their paint the night parade will also be at DCA... not to much exciting news there.

And it sounds like Marvel Land will be more of a thing at DCA... which is exciting. There is also a Marvel Hotel in Disneyland Paris... which should be super exciting too. Disneyland Paris seems to be the last to get everything... so that's a fun thing.

Now from DCA and Disneyland Paris to attractions in Epcot to be like rides in DCA and Disneyland Paris! There will be a Guardians of The Galaxy ride coming to Epcot in Future World, where Ellen's Energy Adventure currently is. This fits perfectly because Epcot is such an 80s park and Guardians of The Galaxy is very 80s inspired. They said Starlord actually visited Epcot... which I think is really funny and cute.

And Paris is getting a Ratatouille ride! It's going to be the same as the one in Disneyland Paris... which I've only heard good things about... so that's fun.

They said there are more announcements to come with Epcot as well... I've heard the Figment ride is changing to an Inside Out ride... which makes me kind of sad and happy. I'm sad because I loved Figment as a kid... the Figment attraction was kind of gone when I was at the Disney Parks... but I still loved Figment. The new Figment ride that is currently there doesn't look great to me... I think I would rather have Figment as the Epcot Mascot instead of an actual Figment attraction. This wasn't confirmed at D23... but it's a pretty strong rumor right now... so idk.

Another thing coming to Epcot really soon is a new Family Friendly expansion of Mission Space that will be more like "Soarin over earth" which sounds great to me. Mission Space is probably my least favorite ride I've been on at Disney World tbh... It's not terrible... I just didn't love it. And a lot of people have said it's too intense for them... even in the less intense version... so that's nice.

And in the Magic Kingdom there will be a Tron Coaster... I think where Tomorrowland Speedway is... this is exciting- this is like one of the most popular rides in Shanghai... I'm a little bit sad though because the Magic Kingdom now is almost completely different than the Magic Kingdom I grew up with... I didn't really go on The Haunted Mansion... but everything else is so different. Main Street Electrical Parade is gone, Pirates is different, Snow White is gone... there's just a lot missing and this is probably an improvement... but still I'm like "BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT I GREW UP WITH!" And it makes me a little sad.

Onto Hollywood Studios: Toy Story Land is set to open next summer... so that's exciting. It kind of just looks like a regular kiddy ride land with some better theming... but it's there. I love Toy Story... so I'm kind of excited about this.

There is a new Mickey Mouse ride too coming to the Chinese theater where The Great Movie Ride is currently. It will allow you to jump into a Mickey Mouse Cartoon with Mickey and Minnie and Goofy as your driver. There is a catchy theme song with it and more hidden mickeys than any attraction ever... and you could ride it a million times and still not catch all of them... so that is really cool.

And most importantly Star Wars Land... which we now know is named "Galaxy's Edge." And will be totally interactive and immersive. You can interact with Old and new Star Wars Characters... there will be a Cantina Bar and Restaurant... it all just sounds like a lot of fun and looks amazing. They had a little model of what it would look like in Disneyland... which is really really cool. I'm excited to see that.

They will also be adding 3 new Cruise Ships to the Disney Cruise Line... which is pretty awesome.

There's an uber- like service called the "Minnie Van" which is all decked out like Minnie. That's probably the most exciting thing from any of these panels.

There will be a Gondola transportation system coming to the Walt Disney World Parks that will take you to all 4 parks and feature Disney characters... idk if a character will be on them or they'll be themed. in the concept art they have 2 Mickey and Minnie Gondolas, a Donald and Goofy one and The Hitchhiking Ghosts... so that's interesting.

There's a new Beauty and The Beast show on the Disney Cruise lines featuring some characters from the live action movie. Which is cool.

There will be a new DVC resort, I believe it is called the Riviera or something along those lines.

And that's pretty much it! I'm most looking forward to the Minnie Vans- idk about you guys.

Byeeee...

Wait a second... ohhhh yeah...

THERE'S A FREAKING STAR WARS LUXURY HOTEL! This looks like the most immersive hotel I've ever seen. It's space- themed and you get there on a Space Ship and the windows all show space from the outside... I'm definitely going to stay there sometime... I don't know when or how... but I want to stay there.

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f