Skip to main content

NBC Fall Preview 2017

Alright! Back to the fall schedules! One that I think I am the most excited for: NBC! We've got the return of some of my favorite comedies that were new last season... and my favorite comedy from the late 90s-early 2000s returning (okay... second favorite comedy) so this is a very exciting year for NBC and this is an exciting schedule!

Mondays 

8pm-10pm- The Voice- I don't love the music game shows... I can't really watch anything with Gwen Stefani on it because every time I hear a Gwen Stefani song... something horrible happens... but this is a popular show and the chemistry with the hosts is all very good... and the hosts have changed so much it's hard to believe that! So that is pretty cool!

10pm-11pm- The Brave Alright... haven't watched the trailer for this yet, but it is about the military's undercover heroes... sounds like an interesting show if you're into war movies... from the poster it looks like it could be the same quality of show as movies like Zero Dark Thirty... so that's interesting. I'll try to watch it... but it doesn't really sound like my cup of tea. This premieres September 25th!

Tuesdays 

8pm-9pm The Voice- 2nd show of the week! Alright! Lol.

9-pm-9:30pm- The Good Place- One of my favorite shows from last season! I really like the Tuesday shows on ABC... so this is going to be difficult... but this is definitely one of my favorite shows so I'll probably end up watching this... its a good show. I recommend it.

9:30-10pm-Superstore- I don't like Superstore as much as The Good Place... I always liked semi watching it on Thursdays... but it wasn't my favorite... so I might stop watching it this year and watch The Mayor on ABC instead... that kind of makes me sad though because I did like this show enough and it made me laugh. They had some episodes that were just amazing... the one where the actor that played the Cloud 9 Cloud was a serial killer/cannibal was pretty funny... but idk! I'll try watching it on Demand!

10pm-11pm- Chicago Fire- My mom loves this show... I think her favorite is Chicago PD, she isn't really into medical shows so she doesn't watch Chicago Med and she lost interest a little when they started Chicago Justice... but either way this seems to be the new Law and Order and it's popular. I like these wayyy better than Law and Order from what I've seen.

Wednesdays 

8pm-9pm- The Blacklist- My parents used to love this show... but they couldn't keep up with every episode and they lost interest in it unfortunately. This was a super popular show so it's surprising that they're moving the night and time... I have a feeling that probably happened to a lot of people. This show was also very dark- so I'm especially surprised it's at 8pm... but I guess they have their reasons. Hopefully it gets people watching the other shows!

9pm- 10pm-Law and Order: SVU- My sister watches Law and Order SVU repeats all the time... so I'm a little tired of it. I've also seen repeats of Law and Order... which I know has one of the longest TV runs and the most episodes of any tv shows... I've only seen one episode ever. I think there's only one episode and they just air it over and over and no one noticed. Lol.

10pm-11pm- Chicago PD- Not many new shows on NBC this year... not too surprised. I'm happy they're starting to focus a lot on their existing shows because they have some really great ones. I think they'll add more shows mid-season. Idk.

Thursday 

8pm-8:30pm Will and Grace- I'm very excited about this! I feel like the cast has only gotten better since the show was on... I've been watching some of the older episodes on WE tv lately... it's just a great show. So funny and I'm excited to see what happens! I wonder if they're picking up where the show left off with Will and Grace's kids getting married... Will and Grace don't look as old as they did on that episode though. This is also such an early groundbreaking show that it is funny to think about what they would be doing on the show today... and I'm excited to find out!

8:30-9pm-Great News- I loved this show last year! It was one of my favorites... I'm very happy it's returning in the fall... I'm a little sad Trial and Error won't be on in the fall... but it will be back- it was picked up... so that is great news... and back to Great News... it just got better as the show ended and there was even kind of a cliffhanger... so that is exciting. I'm super excited for Thursday Nights on NBC. Some of my favorites are all here!

9pm-10pm- This is Us- This is one of my favorite shows... I didn't totally love the pilot... but the rest of the episodes just kind of sucked me in and it's relaxing to watch almost... although it is dramatic- it's just a good way to wind down at night and I really loved it!

10pm-11pm-Law and Order True Crime: The Menendez Murders- Law and Order going the true crime route... interesting. I probably won't watch this because it is on at the same time as How To Get Away With Murder...and this might be better and fresher and more on trend... maybe I'll try watching it but I can't give up on How To Get Away With Murder and after all these great shows... I want to end it with one I already know and love.

Friday 

8pm-9pm- Blindspot- I watched the pilot of this and reviewed it... and I liked it enough to say I would continue watching it... I never continued watching it... it just wasn't really my thing... so I didn't bother. Move to Fridays... not great... I'll be watching The CW on Fridays so this doesn't really concern me... but if you like Blindspot watch it on Fridays.

9pm-10pm-Taken- My mom likes this show too. I wanted to watch it because it seemed like a good translation from Movie to TV but I never did. It still looks good though- I might still watch it.

10pm-11pm- Dateline NBC- A Classic! Lol.

Saturday

8pm-10pm -Dateline Saturday Night Mystery: I prefer 48 hours.

10pm-11pm-Saturday Night Live (encores) More SNL before your SNL.

Sunday 

7pm- 8:20- Football Night in America- This is the pre-show for football.

8:20pm-whenever the game ends- NBC Sunday Night Football- This is the football.

Like I said, not a lot is new... if you look up "upcoming shows" on NBC's website there's a lot listed. Marlon Wayans has a show, there's a musical theater show, a show called Midnight, Texas that is coming in July. They also renewed Trial and Error and Timeless... so idk where those are on the schedule. Plus Chicago Law and Chicago Med... not sure where those are. We'll see what happens but this is what will be on in the fall and... yeah! I'm excited. Mostly for Thursday night!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f