Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: ABC Fall Schedule 2017-2018 season!

This is exciting... new fall schedules are announced! I'll be writing blogs about the fall schedules from time to time now that they've been announced... I'll start with ABC because I think I watch ABC the most.

Monday 

8-10pm- Dancing With The Stars- I sometimes watch this show...I'm not sure if anything else I like will be on Monday Nights... so this might be the best thing on tv on Mondays for me... My grandmother likes Kevin Can Wait... so usually I put on Kevin Can Wait... but I prefer Dancing With The Stars. I think this ends before the holidays and around Valentine's day The Bachelor comes on... and then once that's done it comes back and then in the summer The Bachelorette is on... so I think they're sticking with that... but yeah. I think 2 hours is wayyy too long... but they've got nothing better to put on and this gets great ratings... so you gotta go with that right?

10-11pm The Good Doctor 
This is a medical drama starring Freddie Highmore, who just starred in the recently ended Bates Motel. Highmore plays a doctor that is a genius, but he has autism... so the hospital has hesitation hiring him as a surgeon. The trailer looked pretty powerful and interesting. I was not a big fan of Bates Motel, but I did like Freddie Highmore's movies when he was younger. I think ABC is trying to end the stigma against Autism and Cerebral Palsy with this show and things like Speechless.

Tuesday 

8:00-8:30pm- The Middle- This has been a long favorite show of mine... not really a favorite- but I like it and I've been watching it more or less since it's second season... and I think I've seen all of the first season... so it's a good show and it has gotten better and better. Not my favorite on ABC... but it's a fun one.

8:30-9:00pm- Fresh Off The Boat- Really funny show. For some reason... I did not watch much of the second or 3rd season. Something else must be on on Tuesdays... so that's not that great... but it is a really funny show. Definitely check it out!

9:00pm-9:30pm- Black-ish- I love Blackish...I thought it was great on 9:30 on Wednesdays though because Blackish has always been the raunchiest of the family ABC shows. That being said... I'll still probably watch it most of the time... unless there's something else on on Tuesday's which I'm sure there is because I can't quite remember why I don't watch Tuesday shows.

9:30-10:00pm- The Mayor- I'm excited for this one. Daveed Diggs is producing it... there's a lot of hype around it. I think Lea Michele is really funny and underrated as a comedic actress and I'm looking forward to seeing this.

10pm-11pm: The Gospel of Kevin- 
This looks great... I'm already rooting for this to get a season 2 because this seems risky. Especially since it's on their not as popular comedy night... and its after another new riskier show... Also they should have used a name other than Kevin. Kevin is a little overdone on TV at this point... you can't really have a Kevin. Also religious shows don't always do well... this doesn't actually sound like a religious show to me. It's more trying to get the guy to be a better person... I don't know that they even mentioned God... so it could probably work for whatever your beliefs are... but the title "The Gospel of Kevin" doesn't really scream that it's not a religious show per-se... so there's that. But it looks good- it looks like it was expensive to film... and that is always interesting to see... but then again- if this show doesn't do amazingly... it might not get picked up. Anyway... clearly I think this is an interesting trailer and I look forward to seeing the show!

Wednesday 

8:00pm-8:30pm The Goldbergs- I love The Goldbergs... one of my favorite shows on ABC for sure... one of the best comedies on right now. It's been renewed for the next 2 seasons, so I'm excited about that... also a little nervous. Erica and Lanie are going to college... so that's a little scary... but I think it'll still be a good show.

8:30-9pm Speechless - Not my favorite show here... but I still watch it and I laugh. I think I've seen all the episodes. Minnie Driver is really funny... I just like the show. I'd recommend watching it. I'm hoping it'll be a little bit better this season and in future seasons because it's good. It's a fun one!

9-9:30pm Modern Family- This show was great in the beginning... then I got tired of it a few years ago... but this season was maybe the best one yet... I really look forward to the return of this show. I love watching it on reruns even this year because there are just sooo many jokes that you miss... it's just great. Definitely recommend... not like it needs the recommendations- it's a super popular show... but if you thought it got a little old... try watching it again. It's good!

9:30-10- American Housewife- I didn't watch this most of the first season... and I'm happy it's on Wednesdays now after Modern Family because I think I'll watch it and appreciate it a little bit better. It's a super funny show and I'm excited about it.

10-11pm Designated Survivor-My mom watched this show... but she got behind and then she got tired of it. I think whoever is the hottest TV President should be the real president... so I think Kiefer Sutherland should be president... but that's just me. Anyway... yeah. It's a show. Lol.

Thursday 

8-9- Grey's Anatomy- I really liked this show for a while... when it first started I liked it... a few years ago I liked it. This year NBC had comedies on Thursday Night... so I didn't watch it... but it's not bad. I saw the finale and it was still exciting... didn't end super great... so I'm probably not going to watch it this season... but it's a show.

9-10- Scandal- Final season of Scandal... and I have a feeling it is going to end with a bang! I'm kind of excited... I'm hoping we see more from the Scandal universe... maybe a spinoff. The finale was really good this year. I'm probably not going to watch it because there are other shows I watch on Thursday... but it's not bad.

10-11- How To Get Away With Murder- I have a love/hate relationship with this show. Usually the first part of the season is amazing- the second part is usually a little stupid. The first season was great all around... the second season was bad all around really... and this year was kind of good and bad. So I kind of want this show to end soon... but the finale was good so I'm excited for it to be back. It was soooo long ago though- it's hard to remember what happened. Lol.

Friday 

8pm-9pm- Once Upon A Time- I used to like this show... but then it got a bit too much. They're completely retooling it this season... and since it's on Friday I'm guessing they've kind of given up... but yeah... not a bad show... but all the characters I liked are no longer on the show... so thumbs down for me. Not going to watch it... I'll be watching Jane The Virgin and Crazy Ex Girlfriend on Fridays!

9pm-10pm- Marvel's Inhumans- Not giving this much of a chance either... But maybe it'll be good. I'm not a big marvel fan...so idk how I feel.

10pm-11pm- 20/20- Not much to say about this one... but it's there.

Saturday 

Saturday Night Football- Not a Sports fan... so yeah.

Sunday

7pm-8pm- America's Funniest Home Videos- A classic... even with viral videos being a thing. I like the new host... his name is escaping me now... but I like him a lot and I think it's okay.

8pm-9pm- To Tell The Truth- I really like this show... but I dislike how ABC's been showing their game shows... they will air the same episode like 50 times... and in the same week... Funderdome is a brand new show... there's no reason for it to have reruns. But yeah... I'll probably watch this one if I'm not watching something else on Sundays. I also wish this was a half hour shorter.

9pm-10-pm- Shark Tank - I haven't been into this show for a while... but maybe the new time will attract different people on it. Idk.

10pm-11pm- 10 Days in The Valley- I like Kyra Sedgwick and this stars her... but the trailer was kind of all over the place... didn't really give me any info on the show... plus it's being hidden behind a bunch of reality shows... I think this will be the first one cancelled. Calling it now... I'll be this- then maybe The Good Doctor or Inhumans. I think they'll give a full season to The Book of Kevin and they might pick it up for season 2... but I don't see this or The Good Doctor lasting too long. Just my thoughts... maybe I'm wrong.

Hope you guys like this! I'll have some more this week... I'll let you know what I think will be good, what I think will get cancelled and whatnot. I should also mention Marvel's Agents of Shield, American Idol and other shows will be on during the midseason.

Byeee!
-Shannon




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f