Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up- What I've been doing this week, some news, and some favorites!

Alrighty… I’m changing how I do the Weekly Wrap Up a little bit… I think I’m just kind of going to give an overview of my day, any news that kind of shaped that day… and I’ll talk about some of my favorite things of the day that day… so it’ll be a little more in depth… a little longer… two things you don’t want to do on a blog… but I’m doing them anyway because why not. 

Sunday 7.9.17 

So I’ve mentioned this in other blogs before, but I’m getting new furniture in my room, and redecorating it, repainting it and whatnot… so I’ve been moving everything from my room and I’m almost done with it… I’m writing this recap on Monday and I should be done with it tonight and I’ll clean up after that… but it was kind of driving me crazy again today… it’s a little more relaxing to just have nothing in there, not much to do… but at the same time… there was a lot to do and a lot I had to get rid of and clean out a lot… I still need to vacuum and clean and stuff… but right now… most everything is gone. 

What did I do that distracted me so much from getting EVERYTHING done? I watched the Andrew Garfield Spider Man Movies… I hadn’t seen the first one in a long time… and I’ve never seen the second one. The second one was really great- but what a let-down that they just ended the series and rebooted it after that. The ending of the second one… I would have liked to see some kind of continuation and it just makes me sad that it just ended that abruptly… no spoilers… but damn. 

I think the second movie went on a little bit too long… there wasn’t a ton of Spiderman with the villain… there were great fight scenes… I would argue the best of the franchise… but a lot of it just kind of felt like a rom com… idk. It was a little weird. 

I really liked The Green Goblin though… I think Harry is just kind of a great character… I loved James Franco’s portrayal and I really loved the guy in this movie… I thought that story was just great. 

Besides Spider Man being a favorite of the day… I went to the Outlets and I got a really pretty small makeup bag from the Coach Outlets… it’s purple and pretty and I just love it… I’ll try to insert a pic… I might also use it for a camera bag… probably not both at the same time. 

I also got a Chai Latte at the starbucks there… I get a White Mocha every day usually… in the afternoon I had a second cup and I got a Chai Latte… which is nice, refreshing and I just like it in the summer for a nice cooling drink. 

Besides the Chai Latte… my dad is a Grill Master and he made delicious brisket! He actually uses a recipe from Diners, Drive Ins and Dives… it’s a great recipe and it’s just so dang tasty. That’s probably my favorite of all favorites from the day. 

So not the most exciting day ever… but what are you going to do. It was a good day anyway. 

Monday 7.10.17 

Monday was kind of blah… I went out early in the day and got a couple of new bathing suits… my dad just opened up the pool- so I’m excited to use those. 

I looked in Sephora also because I’m me… didn’t buy the Naked Heat Palette… but it’s 5x the points at Ulta right now and I’m intrigued. I swatched it and it looked amazing! Very curious! 

The rest of the day I pretty much cleared everything out of my bedroom because as I’ve mentioned many times… I’m getting new furniture really soon. I have to vacuum and get my clothes out of my closet and drawers… but other than that I am done and super excited for this new room! I’ve got to say… it’s pretty awesome! 

I went out for dinner too… which was very exciting. I had a tortilla halibut… which was just a south-westy goodness. I loved it. Super, super yummy… probably the favorite of the day. 

Other favorite of the day… probably the show Mom… I just like that show. It’s funny and it’s kind of sad too… but mostly funny and I really like it… Life in Pieces is still my favorite though. 

Ohhh and I had Caramel Waffle Cone Ice Cream from Hagen Daz… yum! So so good. Hagen Daz is my favorite! 

Tuesday 7.11.17 

Today was nice. Watched my niece… she’s getting so big and she’s teething… but she’s almost always all smiles and it is just so cute to see her growing and everything she’s so curious and cute. 

The big thing of my day was that I pretty much cleared my whole room out! I put away my winter clothes and got everything out of my drawers… I need to get everything out of my closet and put that away… but still! I’ve accomplished a lot so far… and I’m excited that I’ll be back in there soon! 

Today we also had people at our house landscaping… kind of amazing to see them working that hard on it and how our lawn just completely transformed from them. They laid down grass… which is a weird and amazing thing to watch. It was cool! 

Favorite of the day… Went out for Ice Cream with my parents… which was great. Where we go for Ice Cream isn’t far for us… but it isn’t the closest place either… so the drive is always pretty interesting and I actually wrote another blog on my feelings of that already. 

Another favorite that I’ve been loving over the summer is the TV show American Housewife… really funny show. I didn’t love it when I first saw it because I’m fat… and now I like the show because I’m fat… so go figure lol. I love Katy Mixon and she is great in this show… she owns her sass. It is just so funny. 

I also blogged a lot… I’ve been blogging more lately as in “I’ll sit down and blog about the first thing that comes to mind.” Which is a lot of fun and I think it adds something to this blog. 

Wednesday 7.12.17 

Again… smiley niece and a good day overall. I did pretty much finish my room so I didn’t do a lot there… my dad is kind of taking over now… but I do have to pick out colors… and that is difficult. Idk what I really want. I also have black carpet… which I am keeping after all. I wanted hard wood floors before, I think I’ve mentioned that… but I’m just keeping the carpet. But it’s black… so I don’t want anything to clash with that really… but I still want slightly less colorful walls. I’m between white with teal, or like a blush color. Right now I’m leaning a little towards the blush type color… but it changes every once and a while. Blush and white with a little bit of black would be cute though… idk. 

I also went to Harmon- which was fun. It’s a drugstore by me- they have several locations in NJ and some in NY also… I think they’re expanding too. But anyway it was fun- they had all the new releases and they had a new brand and some new stuff to Harmon… it was really cool! 

I went to TJ Maxx also… I found things that I liked… but they called all the employees to the fitting room… so no one was going to wait on me… and it was still a half hour before closing… so I didn’t end up buying anything… and idk if I’d go back near closing. I don’t usually go near closing… but I definitely know not to… at least in the summer. There were still a ton of people at the store… someone should have been at the registers. 

And then later in the night I kind of re-arranged things in my sisters room because I was afraid of getting crushed to death by my stuff… as I believe I’ve mentioned- I’m staying in there with all my stuff and all of her stuff while my room is getting ready… so yeah… lol. Definitely easier to move around now. I’m going to try a little more today too… and then I probably won’t be in there very much longer so it doesn’t really matter that much… but that is the current situation. 

That is pretty much it! Onto Thursday now… 

Thursday 7.13.17 

Thursday… kind of regular day. Babysitting, went to Starbucks a little bit later… nothing out of the ordinary. 

Ohhh I did pick out my paint color for my room! It’s a light purple- almost grayish purple… I really like it. Not what I was looking for at all really… but I’m super, super excited about it! It’s a little different, but pretty neutral… it’ll still look okay with the Black carpet and the white furniture. The trim will be white… it’ll be a little different and pretty and I’m excited for it! 

It was also the hottest day of the summer so far… and it was bad because my dad’s air conditioning in his car was broken… plus it was just as hot in the paint store as it was outside… and then getting in the car was even hotter. The baby was also very fussy all day… so I left my mom alone with the fussy baby and then came home to a fussy baby. 

And… that’s pretty much all of it… So yeah. I’m writing this on Saturday… so I don’t totally remember everything! 

Friday 7.14.17 
Today was a good day because I went to one of my favorite places: THE ALEX AND ANI STORE! Yayyy! I only buy jewelry from Alex and Ani for the most part… if I want statement Jewelry I’ll buy something cheaper… but I love Alex and Ani for everyday jewerly. 

I got the  Path of Life Necklace… which I’ve wanted forever and the Crystal Spike earrings… I love it. Just so nice and pretty. It’s great. 
And I went to Starbucks 3 times! My parents went in the morning and at night… so I technically only went once… but I had 3 teas 1 peanut butter cookie and 1 whoopee pie. In the morning I got a chai latte, at 1 I had one of their free new tea drinks… I got the Strawberry Green Tea- which is what the barista recommended. With Lemonade in it. And at night I had the Peach one… which I liked too. I just need to try the other one… which my dad liked… so that’s what I’ll probably try tonight. 

And the Whoopee Pie… that’s maybe the second favorite of the day… maybe other than what I bought from Alex and Ani… maybe the 3rd or fourth favorite after some of the other food I ate… it’s just really yummy. I got the Vanilla Bean one- it tasted like marshmallow on the inside which was delicious. Starbucks has just been killin it lately! Especially on food. 

For Dinner I had Pepperoni Pizza… and that was especially good… and for dessert they had root beer floats! They never have that at the restaurant we always go to on Friday and they had it as a special… and my mom used to make that for her grandparents on a hot day in the summer. And so it meant a lot to her and we got root beer floats! And they were delicious! 

I got a lot of compliments on what I was wearing too… which always feels nice. I had on a jumper from Old Navy… nothing fancy- well ok it was a fancy jumper… but it wasn’t an expensive one or anything… it was just really great! 

Saturday 7.15.17
I’m not feeling all that great today… it’s my time for not feeling so great if you catch what I mean… so that’s not super fun. 

But today is fun cause it’ll just be a chill day. I have some family over, my sister and my brother in law came over before with my niece… it was fun and nice to see them. 

And I’ve been watching Will and Grace and seeing all the updates from the D23 convention today… so that’s all been super, super fun. I’m excited to see what’s coming. All the updates have been awesome so far… the Star Wars Land looks soooo impressive! 

And that's pretty much been my week! Maybe I'll blog about some of the D23 news sometime next week or tomorrow... You'll see soon I guess lol. 
Byeeee! 

-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f