Skip to main content

Creative Process- 5 Creative Tips and Tricks

Today I've just been having a really creative day today... and I feel like I've kind of noticed why. If you want to know about beauty products that have helped me think a little more creatively I posted THIS blog on my Beauty Blog a While Ago. But... yeah. On with the things I liked about it.

1) Sit in the back seat of a car- There's something kind of childlike about sitting in the back seat of a car that just kind of gets my wheels turning... and I did that tonight. It wasn't a super long drive, but it was long enough to kind of see everything... and I passed a lot of interesting things. There's my regular hometown, new restaurants that are busy, old iconic restaurants that have closed down, shopping complexes, an abandoned shopping complex, things that used to be something completely different than what they are now, places that I knew bad things have happened... it's just kind of funny how big a relatively small area feels from just observing things in the back seat of the car. It's really nice!

2) Go for Ice Cream- again... that's where I was going when I was in the car... go get some ice cream. Take your mind off of things... let your inner child free and treat yourself! Really really great idea.

3) Solve puzzles- This is a weird one... I've mentioned about a million times that I'm getting new furniture for my room... it's been kind of a puzzle thinking of what to temporarily do with my stuff... so that's kind of like solving a puzzle... and that's creative in itself trying to figure out the best way to do things.

4) Blog- Honestly... a lot of times I feel like blogging kind of burns me out creatively... but this week I've been blogging a little more and making my blogs a little bit more spontaneous than I usually do. I  feel like they're more personal this way and I've just kind of like writing something daily and sharing it with my internet friends. It's lovely.

5) Write in the morning- A lot of times when I wake up I'll come up with an idea for a blog... and I'll try to get back to sleep... but I can't get back to sleep until I write whatever is on my mind... and that feeling is awesome. If I'm real tired, I'll only write half of the blog... but for the most part... the idea that comes into my head in the morning is what I blog about on here for the day... and then my beauty blog is sometimes different. I have more of a focus on there right now as far as theme... but I do have some fun spontaneous blogs there that I really like too. Idk- I need to try writing something other than my blog in the morning... but I'm loving blogging in the morning.

There might be more... but this is it for now... maybe I'll blog more about this... maybe I won't. We'll see but I recommend starting out with these things!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...