Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up 7.23.17: Be a Cactus!

Sunday 7.16.17 

Today was kind of a chill day for me. My dad was working in my room… vacuuming- patching a wall up and figuring out what to do I guess. He painted my shudders… so that was good. 

I watched some youtube videos… caught up on some of the last D23 things that were going on… I really want to go to DisneyWorld sometime soon… That Star Wars Hotel just looks awesome! 

And I went out for dinner with my parents… I had ribs with corn on the cobb and a baked potato. I ordered some drink that was supposed to have lemonade in it… but I think they forgot the lemonade… so it was just straight up alcohol… and it was pretty good. 

That was pretty much it… favorite thing of the day… The Dis… they’ve been really good for all the D23 news… maybe that was more of a favorite for Saturday… but I’m including it today too. Great Disney News Podcast… really excited for stuff coming out soon. 

It was also National Ice Cream Day… I just had a tiny scoop of Ice Cream with the Brownie A La Mode… like a real tiny scoop… like I wanted a bigger scoop… but it was still really good. 

Monday 7.17.17 
Happy Lucky 7’s day… and National Emoji Day and Disneyland’s 62nd Anniversary… But anyway… there was some sad news today. Martin Landeau and George Romero both died today. I’m not that familiar with Landeau… but I do know the Romero style of Zombies… if you 
aren’t a zombie and you have a style of zombie named after yourself… that’s pretty damn cool! 

Anyway… it was half chill for me… I did babysit… my dad did finish up a coat of paint on my walls and I LOVE the color. I’m so excited for it. I loved my pink walls… but it was hard to photograph and it’s just really pretty and neutral and I just really like it. I’m so excited! 

I caught up on youtube some more… what I’ve been doing is just finding everything I want to watch in my subscription box and adding it to the Watch Later playlist… which is fun. I have like 19 videos right now… I’m watching them a little bit at a time. I have to catch up on Justin Scarred’s Route 66 videos too… those are so good! He’s a great youtuber. Lots of weird things I never would have known about. 

I had 2 Starbucks drinks today because they thought my mom wanted a hot chai latte and I wanted an iced one… so they made both and I drank both! And they’re great! I love the Chai Lattes! 

I also had chicken in a Blackberry Balsamic Marinade from Stop and Shop… it’s so good and flavorful. Really really yummy! Favorite of the day status there! 

One of the videos I ended up watching today was a Get Ready With Me tutorial with Kim Kardashian and Jaclyn Hill… Their whole makeup routine is probably more than anything I’ve ever had in my entire life… Kim was like ‘I’m mixing the Chanel with the La Prairie” and I was like “I’m just going to faint.” Kim’s Contour stick is just a TEENY TINY amount of product in it… and it’s like $54 or something… it’s probably the same exact thing as the Colourpop ones that just got discontinued because no one was buying them… so don’t fall for that sh** and just don’t buy it. I’m happy for the collab… I think it would be good for youtubers to do tutorials with the people that actually came up with the idea for the product… that way they can use it the way it was intended. And it was kind of funny to see Kim not knowing as much about makeup as Jaclyn. I stopped watching mid-way through… just cause Kim has like no personality and it was just very awkward to watch… plus it’s wayyyyy too expensive. It was bad. 

Anyway now I’m writing this while watching Life in Pieces… which is one of my favorite shows… so not too bad. 

Tuesday 7.18.17 

I didn’t do all that much today… and I’m writing this on Thursday… so that kind of tells you that I’m not going to remember this day at all… lol. 

I had another stop and shop marinade on the chicken for dinner tonight- the Sesame Ginger… that was good too…Stop and Shop’s in store brand is pretty good. I like their guacamole and their marinades are really nice and pretty flavorful. 

My sister didn’t like the Blackberry Balsamic… she didn’t think it was very flavorful at all… so that’s kind of what she thought of that. 

Today was kind of exciting because The Dis Unplugged had their first regular live weekly podcast since D23… and I was excited to listen to that. I had been watching their updates quite frequently… so I already knew their thoughts on everything… but it was still fun to see. The thing they were most surprised at that didn’t happen was that there was no announcement with what they’re doing with the Figment ride… but they’re pretty sure that it will be going away… and I agree with that. I think that they will still use him as a character in some of these things… but I honestly think they’re pushing him out as a character as well. They’ve been using Remy a lot for food and wine and they are having the ratatouille ride coming to the Paris Pavillion soon… so that’s cool. 

Ohhh and one thing that I got wrong when I was posting my D23 News… They aren’t getting rid of Tomorrowland Speedway for the Tron Coaster… which I’m excited about. I don’t have too much of an emotional attachment to Tomorrowland Speedway… but I rode it once as a kid with my dad and it was really cool… it was at night, I think we kind of saw the fireworks in there and it was a neat way to see the park… and my sister was old enough to have her license at the time but she didn’t and I thought it was funny that I was driving and I did such a good job with it… lol. But the Magic Kingdom is sooo different than when I was a kid… it’s nice that one thing is staying- so that’s good. 

Wednesday 7.19.17

Today was a good day too… my niece was just adorable! I was holding her for a little bit and she just looked at me with her big, beautiful baby eyes… I melted lol. It was so cute. 

I also worked on a series I’m doing sometime later on my beauty blog using the Tartelette In Bloom palette… and that was exciting. I also decided to switch up the format of my Instagram a little bit so that there’s more of a theme… I’m really excited. These are things I’ve kind of wanted to do for a while… but I didn’t really know how to go about it. I’ve been on break for my instagram for the summer basically while my room is sort of under construction… lol not “construction” but getting a little makeover… and I’m probably going to be at least a little bit moved in there in August… so I’m going to start back up in August…so it gave me some time to be a little bit creative with things as far as my Instagram goes. I tried coming back a few weeks ago… didn’t really work and it just felt like this was a good time to start fresh. 

In some ways I like kind of sticking to a theme because that kind of forces me to be more creative… a lot of times when you have no boundries… it can limit you more than you think as far as creativity goes. And I’ve been kind of sticking to a format with these blogs and it’s been helping a little bit more and I’ve been doing some more “monthly themes” for my blogs and that helps me a little more too… idk I just kind of like that and it’s kind of a good idea to stick with what’s working I guess. 

I watched American Housewife tonight too… I’ve been watching this pretty much nonstop in the summer because it’s been on all the time and I didn’t like it all that much when it was first on… but lately I’ve just been loving it. It feels like it’s a new show to me… even though I keep catching episodes I’ve seen multiple times before… like the episode last night is one of the ones I always see… but still. It’s just so funny. It makes me happy I didn’t watch it during the year… but I’m also really excited for season 2. 

Thursday 7.20.17 
So big news today was the OJ Simpson Parol Hearing. I actually watched it live and paid attention to it… believe it or not. I did a few blogs while watching it… but for the most part I just watched it. I’m surprised he got parol. He was kind of saying he really didn’t do anything… when he did something pretty bad. And the reporters on TV seemed to think he was really bad too. They weren’t surprised he got parol… but I kind of didn’t think he would. Ohhh well… the news coverage of it is over… and I just saw Toy Story 2 was on… so I’m watching that now and I’m a little upset because I’m guessing I could have watched Toy Story before anyway. 


I went to Target today too… that was really exciting. It’s been a minute since I’ve been to target. I didn’t really buy anything exciting… I actually went to Harmon before and I had better luck there. But I did buy a big file folder thing… it basically looks like a suitcase but you can keep important papers and things in there… I wanted to get a small one… but the small one was about the same price… I think it might have actually been more expensive… so I just thought might as well get the big one… and it’s really fancy looking and cool too. I want to organize some more of my stuff in there right now… but it is currently midnight as I’m writing this segment…and I’m really pretty darn tired. I’ve been getting tired early more often lately… idk what it is… but I guess it’s a good thing. 

I did put some things in there and I’m re-arranging my sisters room a little bit though… I want to make a little more space for myself in here and maybe get rid of some more things… we’ll see… I think I can get some stuff down a little more though. 

I got some good things from Harmon though. I got a L’oreal Bronzer that I’ve heard is good, one of the Maybelline Matte ink lipsticks, the Dr. Teal’s super moisturizing foam bath with Avacado Oil… which is super SUPER moisturizing. And an Argan Oil from the brand… Argan Oil? It doesn’t say anything other than Argan Oil on it… it’s a really nice Argan Oil too… super cheap and it really worked for my legs and hands even. I’m excited about this for under $2… it’s better than my Bath and Body Works Coco Shea I think. And it smells deliciously amazing… so that’s really good. 

And I can’t really stress enough how moisturizing that Avacado Oil foam wash was… it was so nice… my legs feel nice and smooth. 

I went out to dinner today too and it was really nice and after we went to Starbucks and I heard Kesha’s new song… really nice and powerful… and I heard the new song that has Justin Bieber in it… and that was great too! It was a lot in Spanish… and it was just really cool. 

So now I’m just watching Friends with a sheet mask on… and I’ll probably go to bed soon or rearrange things some more. 

Friday 7.21.17 

Today was a really unexpectedly fun day… unexpectedly fun night actually. The day wasn’t all that fun for me… it was kind of a long day… didn’t really do anything- but mostly because it was such a long day. 

I did go out to dinner with my parents and that was really good. I had a corn salad and a slice of pizza… the salad was so fresh and sweet and delicious! It was good. And then I had another starbucks with my parents… which was yummy… I got a chai latte and it was a little weak… but still good. 

Then my friend called me up and asked if I wanted to go out for drinks with her and my other friend… so we drank… a lot! And we looked at people and came up with backstories for them and then got Taco Bell and played “Would you rather…” But my Would You Rather questions were pretty bad. I kept saying “would you rather be _____ or be a cactus.” And obviously… the answer is Be a Cactus so that’s what everyone picked. 

Later that night I posted “be a cactus” as my status on Facebook… and a bunch of people liked it… so they must have thought it was inspirational or they just really want to be a cactus. I don’t blame anyone for wanting to be a cactus. I like Cacti. 

Also let’s circle back to Taco Bell… I only recommend getting Taco Bell after a certain amount of alcohol… but if you get the Doritos Locos Taco and the Cinnamon Minis… take a bite of the taco and then a bite of the donuts… your mind will be blown. It was pretty dang tasty. 

Saturday 7.22.17 
Did not wake up very well today… and I had a headache most of the day… so… yeah. I slept for a while though, I took a bath early on in the day… and now I’m just kind of chilling. My headache went away… I had dinner and it was yummy… and I had starbucks and I’m just in a better mood now. Cuddling with my doggy. 

My dad got a hibachi for the grill recently so he made Hibachi steak… I’m kind of just now starting to eat steak again… and I pretty much have only had it hibachi steak and grilled steak on kebobs… but I’m liking it… it’s something I think I’ll start eating again maybe? Idk. I think I can do it… I haven't had steak in years though… so yeah. 

And that’s pretty much it! Night’s not over… but for me I think it is lol. 

And that’s been my week! Somewhat crazy and unexpected… but a fun week overall! 

Byeee! 

-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f