Skip to main content

Chart Chat 7.24.17

Alrighty! I'm a little surprised by this week's top movie... not even going to lie... I didn't know who the director was though... so that might have something to do with it also... I thought something else that opened would be number 1... and it's number 3... so that says something! Let's just get right to it!

10) Wish Upon- 2nd week on the charts... and the last week I'm guessing. This was lower than I thought it would be last week...but higher than the bottom of the charts. I feel like the name is confusing... and somewhat gramatically incorrect. You shouldn't end the title of a movie with a preposition, right? It's just weird. Also if you told me "Ohhh do you want to see 'Wish Upon' this weekend" I would think you meant a movie about Cinderella... not a horror movie... so I can see why this is doing so badly. Lol.

9) Wonder Woman- Ohhh wow! Number 9 for Wonder Woman... that has been in the top 5 for most of the summer... I'm guessing theaters are pulling it now since there are so many more movies out. Everyone says this movie is amazing and I was skeptical at first... but now I need to see it... it's just a cool thing that a woman superhero has been so successful- some people have even said it is the best superhero movie ever... I'm excited.

8) The Big Sick- Another movie with high critical praise this summer... I haven't seen it yet... hopefully I will get to sometime... I don't know if I will but I love Kumail Nanjiani, I knew a little bit of the story and I just think it sounds really great. I'm glad they made it into a comedy because that's just kind of perfect!

7) Baby Driver- Ansel Elgort right??? This was another surprise hit... that I hope to see soon... but probably won't. I might appreciate this more at home than in the movies anyway... idk I'm not huge on action movies... so I see myself rewinding this a lot. But it looks good everyone says it's good... it is probably good!

6) Despicable Me 3- Great movie! I think this is the end of the Despicable Me movies... I'd love to see more- Idk if Steve Carell will do any more though... he said this will be his last time playing Gru outside of Cameos in Minions movies... I don't think I'd want to see anyone else as Gru... it'd be a little funny if they got Ed Helms to play him... but yeah. Lol. I'm not excited about him leaving the franchise... but it might be okay. I thought this was a good way to end it too...even though I think there's more story to tell.

5) Valerian and the City of A Thousand Planets- On TV they're just calling this Valerian... so I'm wondering if this is the full title or if it's not the US title... they are advertising this on TV like it is the best thing that has been out in years... and it looks absolutely TERRIBLE! I'm guessing that's what other people think too... I don't want to be a hater... but idk if Kara Delevigne can carry a movie... I just don't like her acting at all... I do like Dane DeHaan- I've been watching The Amazing Spider Man 2 a lot... and I think he's just PERFECT as The Green Goblin... really a shame they didn't continue with that series... but yeah. I liked him a lot as Harry Osborne and that makes me want to see him in more movies... not this movie... but other movies. I think he's probably a good actor. Surprised this just made the top 5... but there's so much out right now.

4) War of The Planet of The Apes- This is another big surprise to me... number 1 movie last week ahead of Spider Man... and now it's behind Spider Man... and the number 2 movie... which I didn't think would be that high on the charts. But yeah... I don't think Planet of The Apes is really a movie for everyone... I don't think I could really watch it. This particular trilogy looked like the best version of Planet of The Apes that's ever been released... and it looked like a really exciting trilogy. It started strong and ended with a lot more action... I can see people liking this particular series... but I guess people like Spider Man and movies with Queen Latifa more... can't blame them! I'm one of those people.

3) Spider Man: Homecoming- I still want to see this because I forgot how much I like Spider Man. I'm glad it's still doing so well... Although it wasn't number 1 in the US last week- I believe it was number 1 worldwide? That's what the commercials were saying. I don't know where to look for the worldwide top 10... but maybe I'll do that sometime soon. But yeah- this movie looks good. Tom Holland is not the hottest spider man... maybe it's because he's a little young for me that he just looks like a little kid... but that's cool to have someone that's not 30 playing a teenager... it is weird that Spider Man is younger than me though... not sure how I feel about that... but yeah. Still looks like a good movie and MY spider man makes a cameo in this... and if you don't know who that is... you're just not as Childish as myself... that's the hint I'll give. Although I think I mentioned it last week... lol.

2) Girls Trip- This looks super funny... I am very surprised it's so high on the list though. I feel like this has been done a lot... and even this summer Rough Night looked like it had some similar qualities... but I think this just pulls it off the best- it has the best cast... and it just looks like one of the funnier movies of this summer. I think people are going to remember The Big Sick More in future years... but I love Queen Latifa and I'd watch her in just about anything!

1) Dunkirk- Christopher Nolan directed this... which I did not know... I think this movie looks great and I'm probably going to see it when it's on tv even though I'm not super into war movies or anything... I'm probably going to watch this. I just think this looks good! I might not pay much attention to it when it's on tv... but still... I'd rather see this than the Cara Delevigne movie... lol.

Byeee! Hope you guys like this!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f