Skip to main content

Chart Chat: 7.2.17

Alrighty! I saw the number one movie of the week this week... and I have thoughts of the other movies... so I'm excited to share this Chart Chat with everyone!

10) Pirates of The Carribean: Dead Men Tell No Tales- 6 weeks on the top 10 list... not too bad for the end of the series... presumably. I think Johnny Depp has a lot of fun with these movies, and they're doing really well... so I'd be a little surprised if this was the end of these. I don't think this is the highest grossing POTC... but I'm guessing it'll still do really great worldwide.

9) The Mummy- 74.5 million in the US so far and it's 4th week on the charts... not great considering the budget of the movie was 125 million. It'll do really well worldwide... and I think that's how the rest of the Universal Dark Universe will be... unless they strike gold with The Invisible Man... which I could see happening and I kind of hope it does. I'd be more excited if they kind of embraced the camp of these older monster movies... kind of like the Brendan Frasier Mummy Movies or the Dark Shadows movie. I don't think that's the direction they're going in... but who knows. Maybe it'll get good. Everyone was kind of against the DC movies, but Wonderwoman is still such a hit and performing AMAZING on the charts still!

8) Beguiled- I don't think this was on the charts last week... but it's been out for 2 weeks. I would watch the hell out of this. Lol. I just saw the trailer and it looks fantastic. It's a thriller set during the Civil War and directed by Sophia Coppola... who I love! So... yeah. I think I'm going to try to read the book. It has a lot of stars, Colin Farrell, Nicole Kidman, Elle Fanning, Kirsten Dunst... it looks awesome.

7) 47 Meters Down- This is another movie I feel like I'd like to watch. Mostly because I just really like Mandy Moore. She's such an underrated actress and I'm happy that she's on This is Us now. She's just great! This looks like a great thriller too. Lots of Independent Thrillers out this summer.

6) The House- Surprised this is so low on the list. I feel like they've been pushing this movie forever. It looks really funny to me. I think Will Ferrell and Amy Poehler had fun working together... they interviewed each other on the CBS Morning Show. Jason Mantzoukas is also hilarious and underrated... I think this looks funny. A little similar to Old School and almost a comic take on Breaking Bad. It looks funny enough and maybe I'll see this. I will at some point.

5) Cars 3 - I haven't seen this yet... I haven't seen all of Cars 2. I do know the end of the movie... Disney World has a Meet n Greet that kind of spoils it... but I think everyone kind of knew that was going to happen anyway. I think this looks like a good movie. I think Cars is a little underrated. I didn't love it at first... but it was fun. Cars 2... not very good... but this one looks quite good.

4) Wonder Woman- 5 weeks on the Charts and Outperforming movies that came out less than 5 weeks ago... that's pretty awesome. I've said before- I wasn't expecting much of this movie... but I've heard so many positive things... it makes me want to see what the hype is about.

3) Transformers: The Last Knight Not my thing... and then they added Mark Wahlberg and I feel like it's less my thing. So... yeah.

2) Baby Driver- This movie is getting a lot of hype right now... and i want to see this. Ansel Elgort is someone I have a crush on... I actually had a dream that he did drive me around a few years ago... maybe I was predicting the success of this movie? Lol. It looked like it could go either way... but it's been getting great reviews. Ansel Elgort is going places! Lol.

1) Despicable Me 3- I loved this movie! This is my review on it. I'm super impressed with how great it was... I'm a little sad that I think this will be the final Despicable Me... at least Steve Carell said he isn't planning on doing any more... which makes me so sad. But I was happy they did make a 3rd movie... and I loved everything going on in this one. So, so good! I have nothing bad to say about minions or Despicable Me.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f