Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: Grace and Frankie Season 3 Review *Spoilers*

There was a lot I liked about this season of Grace and Frankie... but idk. Not sure how much I really liked this season... it hasn't exactly "Jumped The Shark" but... I don't think it's the best season. And it wasn't me being kind of "over" the show... it was a little silly... It was still fun to watch... it was just a little underwhelming.

I mentioned that I thought the show was very well paced... they hinted to a lot of things kind of early on in the series and I feel like those things are starting to come to light now. There was a relationship between Coyote and Mallory and they're getting closer during this season as Mallory is drifting away from her husband... which was also set in motion from the beginning. The relationship between Jacob and Frankie FINALLY started this season and that was hinted too since Season one. Brionna went through a breakup with a boyfriend that she had been dating since Season 1... so that's kind of something worthwhile that they ended. All of these stories were well paced.

I liked the theme of Saul and Robert just retiring and Grace and Frankie are starting a business together... but both storylines were a little too over the top and silly to the point where I don't think that is the most interesting thing they could have come up with. I think if Robert's play had been a storyline in a couple of episodes... but it was just in the season FAR too much. I would have rather had more of a focus on Robert's mothers passing... that was a sad storyline that they could have expanded on a little bit more... but they didn't need to put him in 1776... I know the historical plays are in right now... I'm probably part of what helped make them popular... but I don't think we needed to see it on this season of Grace and Frankie.

And it isn't that I didn't like the story of the Vibrator Business... but it was a little bit silly to include that and Robert's play as the main stories of the whole season... it was just kind of too many silly things. I just thought it was a bit over the top... Weeds had some silly season storylines too... that's what this reminded me of... it wasn't terrible... it was just a little too silly and I don't think they needed both stories.

One thing I always love about this show is that we see the characters become more alike as the show goes on. Last year focused a lot on Frankie trying to become a businesswoman... this year she goes into business with Grace and Grace becomes a little bit more clingy to Frankie and her ex husband like how Frankie was in the first couple seasons. Frankie didn't rely on Grace or Sol this year because she was in her own relationship and was slightly more independent. Grace was single this season and she had boyfriends in the last 2 seasons... it's an interesting shift. I mentioned this in the Season 2 review as well! And another thing I mentioned came up: Grace and Frankie's hearing and vision. In the first season Grace couldn't see and Frankie couldn't hear. In the second season- Frankie couldn't see... in this season she mentioned that Grace can't hear! It just shows that their personalities kind of shift the way that these problems shift... and that's really interesting!

The ending was a little bit silly too... I didn't hate the Hot Air Balloon thing... but it was a little too on the nose for my liking... it just wasn't my favorite thing ever.

Overall... probably my least favorite season so far if I'm honest... but it didn't totally ignore the character developments that they've been working on since season 1... so even though it wasn't the best season... I don't think the show got horrible... I'm not expecting next season to be awful... I think it will all be okay!

So that is everything! Hope you guys like this or find it helpful... let me know if you thought this season was just a little too much or if you really liked it.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...