Skip to main content

Ranking Pixar Movies Based on my Initial Reactions to the Teasers.

So I thought I would do something very different on here and talk about how I feel about ALL of the Pixar movies based on their teasers alone... and how I felt about watching them as a "kid." I'm kind of redefining the word Kid here because let's face it... aren't we all kids when we watch Pixar teasers? It is an exciting event for everyone! So this is based off of everything from Toy Story to Coco. My response to the trailers doesn't exactly reflect how I feel about the film. Monster's Inc is my favorite and it is not #1 on the list. So- let's get right into it! BTW I watched them all on this video.

19) Cars 2- It's Cars... and it looks like they're spies... this just did not click with me. I was kind of too old to appreciate Cars when it came out... I was in college by the time Cars 2 came out... so this just wasn't going to be something I saw... Didn't get to see a lot of movies in college... this wasn't one I was even going to bother with. I just had no desire... even though I did see Cars and I liked Cars at the time.

18) Cars- Speaking of which... Cars! I thought this looked good... but I did think it looked like it was for little kids... I thought Pixar was going in a more older direction because this was right after The Incredibles- which I believe was the first PG rated Pixar movie and that was kind of more action packed... this just looked like it'd be cool for really little kids and it's such a unique concept... but still not my favorite... and the teaser didn't connect with me.

17) A Bugs Life- So I was probably a little bit more excited for this as a kid because it was another Pixar movie and I loved Toy Story so much, this one had to be just as good... but watching the trailer now... it's hard to tell anything about the movie from the teaser. That is true of pretty much all the movies... but you can get some insight on a character or something. In this one you just see Flick sitting on a leaf and then some bugs join him... and they all fall off... and it ended up being Heimlech's fault... not too much to go off of that!

16) Toy Story 3- I was just so excited for a third Toy Story... I didn't really care what the trailer was like! That being said... this was fun and had the Buzz/ Woody dynamic that we all know and love... I just think the Toy Story 2 teaser was a smidge better.

15) Toy Story 2- Very smidge! I thought the same exact things as the Toy Story 3 trailer... this was just a little bit funnier to me and I remember seeing it and laughing!

14) Monsters University- I was excited about this movie... I was disappointed that this was a prequel to Monster's Inc and not a Sequel... that being said- I really liked the movie and I was excited to see the teaser. It was funny!

13) Finding Dory- I was soooo excited for Finding Dory when it came out... and the teaser was so great because it seemed like the story was in Finding Nemo already... it was just not what we were paying attention too... so I loved finding out more about Dory and having Dory star in the movie where Marlin and Nemo are supporting characters. This teaser was exciting!

12) Wall E- I never saw this in theaters... I don't think that was the fault of the teaser... it was more just I was in Europe the summer it came out and I was busy getting ready to go there when it came out... it still didn't look the most exciting to me where I was like "I HAVE TO SEE THIS!" That being said... I bet this was the best movie that summer. Lol. There were not many good ones out then and Wall E is really good. It was the summer of The X Files sequel and Indiana Jones and The Crystal Skull... so I did not miss much when I was away!

11) The Incredibles- I love a good has- been superhero. This one looked really funny to me as a kid and I was excited for it!

10) The Good Dinosaur- I think I was actually out of college when this came out... I really wanted to see it in theaters! The concept looked funny and unique... it just didn't happen. I don't get out to see movies that often anymore... so this one wasn't at the top of my list... but I do love the movie. It's more fun to watch at home with your dog who barks at the tv.

9) Ratatouille- This one really intrigued me as a kid... because it was just so weird. It was about food and rats... really strange!

8) Toy Story- I think I vaguely remember this as a kid... I was really little when Toy Story came out in theaters... I may never have seen this trailer... but I think I did because I remember I was excited to see Buzz Lightyear fly. So who knows! I still think this is a great teaser and it would have been the favorite... if Pixar wasn't Pixar!

7) Brave- This was such a different direction for Pixar and I remember being really excited for that! Merida is currently the only official Pixar Disney Princess and she was kind of changing how princesses were... so I was a fan of this teaser... it was exciting!

6) Monsters Inc- This looked really funny to me as a kid. The Characters were colorful and funny and cute... I just really wanted to see this one!

5) Finding Nemo- I remember the teaser of this a little bit different than the one that they showed in the video... I remember Dory saying "Can't remember Diddly! Can't remember Squat!" And it just gave enough about the characters that you didn't need to know about the story... and I think that is what Pixar Trailers do best. They'll give you the story, the characters, or the concept... and enough where you can fill in the blanks a little... but did I think Ratatouille would be about a Rat that becomes a chef by seeing the previews? No! This looked unique and really beautifully animated.

4) Up- It's an old man on the porch of a house... that is strapped to a bunch of balloons... if you are not intrigued and mesmerized by this teaser... idk what's wrong with you!

3) Inside Out- This trailer definitely gave a good insight into the characters and the concept of the movie... and much like Monster's Inc- the characters were cute and colorful. I know they were really trying to keep this movie under wraps and this teaser was just great!

2) Cars 3- The first 2 Cars movies are at the bottom of the list for good reason... they didn't relate to me much at all... but Cars 3's teaser really got me! I did a whole blog about it because I was so shocked by how incredible the trailer looked! Paul Scheer tweeted "Cars 3- Requiem for a Dream" and I thought that was hilarious... but summarized this movie perfectly!

1) Coco- This is where Pixar perfected the art of the teaser... the animation of this is absolutely stunning. The concept is so unique... yet there seem to be little footprints of the different pixar movies kind of splashed in there. It reminds me a lot of Wall E because Wall E watches the TV and has his own shrine of all his favorite garbage. The animation reminds me of Inside out and the fuzziness of the characters. The Dead remind me of the Monster's in Monster's Inc because it's making something that is supposed to be scary very cute and relatable. The emotions this trailer had me going through had me feeling like it was Up... Just... What a trailer! Right??? It looks absolutely amazing!

Hope you guys liked this blog... I had fun doing this... I actually took notes and everything. I even wrote down the names for all the movies and cut up some paper and placed them down to visualize which ones were my favorite!

Byeee!
-Shannon



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f