Skip to main content

Chart Chat 5.15.17

Alrighty! Top 10 movies! Can Snatched with Amy Schumer or the movie with Charlie Hunam that needs no plot because Charlie Hunam is in it beat Guardians of the Galaxy? Nope! Spoilers.

10) Bauhubali 2: The Conclusion- This did pretty well in the US for a foreign film. It's the third week on the charts and it's been slipping since then... doesn't sound like my cup of tea... but it's probably better than Ghost in The Shell right? The movie at least... I might try watching animae sometime.

9) The Circle- This has a very low rating on Rotten Tomatoes according to my mom... I still want to see it. Maybe it's predictable or just not what everyone was expecting... gotta admit that is one exciting cast though! I hope they do more movies together. Lol.

8) Lowriders- First week on the charts off to a bad start! Based on the IMDB description this actually kind of interests me. It's about a street artist and his relationship with his father and his brother who is in trouble with the law... idk. I kind of like things that include street artists... so that makes me a little bit interested in this even though it's probably not something I would really like at all... we'll see. If it's on netflix maybe I'll watch it. Ohhh Eva Longoria is in this too I think... Yes! Okay... I don't think I'll go out of my way to see this in theaters- but it doesn't sound bad.

7) How To Be A Latin Lover- This has probably been on the charts for too long. I think Salma Hayak is really funny. Rob Lowe is also pretty funny... I'm not going out of my way to see this one... probably not even when it's on tv but you know... always going to route for Salma Hayak!

6) Beauty and The Beast- Still in the Top 10! It's been out for almost 2 months!!!! Way to go Disney on this one. It was a great, magical movie... highly recommend checking it out while it is still out.

5) The Boss Baby- Man this movie just came out at the right time. Right? I feel like other times of year maybe this wouldn't have done as well... maybe families wouldn't have liked it much... but it did so well! I'll probably go out of my way to watch this on tv just because I've been talking about it FOREVER now! Lol.

4) The Fate of The Furious- Cool... this is still on the charts... we all know how much I love action movies and cars.

3) King Arthur: Legend of The Sword- This has been a buzzed about movie for quite some time... and I had a feeling it was going to tank. It made 14.7 million this weekend... it cost 175 million to make... so that is disappointing. I'm sure this movie will do well worldwide... but this is something like Battleship or John Carter of Mars where it's like... does anyone really need to see this movie? Does anyone even want to see it? It's just not going to be on the charts very long... thank goodness because aside from Charlie Hunam... I have little to say about this movie.

2) Snatched- Goldie Hawn's big screen comeback! I have to say- I'm thrilled about her comeback. She is just really fun to watch on interviews and stuff and I just think she has some great stories. I'm also a big fan of Amy Schumer... I'll probably see this movie... but I'm not as excited about this as I am about the #1 movie right now... which is the same as last week.

1) Guardians of the Galaxy- Look at Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn! They're the most successful couple in Hollywood right now with their 2 movies at the top of the charts! That is pretty cool. I love Guardians and this just looks like such a great and interesting sequel. It's cool that we will be meeting Starlord's father... and I'm excited to hear the soundtrack!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f