Skip to main content

Throwback Thursday: Star Wars Return of The Jedi

This one is a little bit different because the other 2 Star Wars Throwback Thursdays I hadn't seen any of them since December... this one I actually kind of forgot some details a bit... and it was on TV so I watched a bit of the beginning...

I have to say... this one I feel like doesn't totally work on it's own. From the little bit I watched of it I was like "This is weird." So I think the original Star Wars Movies are now stronger as a trilogy than watching them too far apart. I would say maybe the first 2 you can watch kind of stand alone... but this one works better if you watch it along with the other 2. The beginning is just VERY Sci- Fi-ish... so you really have to be in the mood for Star Wars when you see it. It's a little bit cheesy and technology wise... it didn't quite age well in the context of the other 2 in my opinion... and while I thought this had the best beginning when I watched it as a trilogy... from that little bit that I saw I was like "What? I understand why people don't like Star Wars now... this is weird." And I think maybe Empire Strikes Back would be the best beginning for a casual viewer.

That being said... I still think this is my favorite movie of the bunch. I like that Leia saves Han, I like that Leia becomes queen of the Ewoks... I like that we find out Leia and Luke are brother and sister. Jabba the Hut and Bobba Fett are in this movie and that's pretty cool. There was just a lot of good stuff that happened in this movie and it's exciting.

And the ending... it ends really well for a trilogy. Everything is wrapped up nicely... the good guys win- the bad guys loose... it would have been good if they had just ended it there... I'm happy that they continued with TFA... but idk. After thinking about it now you can't go back now and have this be the ending again... Like as much as I liked Harry Potter and the Cursed Child... that is now the ending of Harry Potter... and that isn't as good of an end as The Deathly Hallows... so it might end up being the same with Star Wars after it's all said and done... idk.

So...yeah! Hopefully this was somewhat helpful? I didn't talk much about the actual movie but weirdly enough... I remember this one the least at the moment... so maybe next Star Wars Day I'll have a better Throwback Thursday of this. Lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...