Skip to main content

Shannon Does Stuff April: I Stick to a Schedule!

Shannon Does Stuff: April- I write and stick to a schedule! 

Alright… this is going to be a kind of weird one… but I’m going to try to have some sort of writing schedule and daily schedule for things I’m working on other than blogs. So… let’s say something like I I want to watch the new Ghostbusters movie and the Extended Version is 134 minutes… so I want to write for this project for at least 134 minutes… That’s probably not going to be the case every day… but that’s what I want to do for weekdays at least. 

April 1st- I didn’t really start this weekend… I did probably work on my blog a little bit… I think I specifically did a lot of stuff for my Scribbles About Feminism Blog… which is hard to write for and the least fun one… so that was good! I need to figure out when to do the blogs and Instagram along with the other thing I’m working on…so that’s where the time management thing is coming in handy. 

April 2nd- I think I wrote some for my beauty blog and a little for my instagram… I have some things kind of scheduled for my IG… so that’s all good. 

April 3rd- I feel like I got a lot done for my blogs today… I wrote a review for Nobodies, I finished Chart Chat for today… and I finished up my Shannon Does Stuff for March… so that’s not bad. I think I’d like to maybe work on what I’m working on for 30 minutes later and then watch Grace and Frankie… but I also want to wake up early tomorrow… so I don’t want to do too too much to mess it up… so I’ll be okay if I don’t… but then I also won’t get to watch Grace and Frankie, which I would like to watch… so there’s my motivation! 

April 4th- Alright so last night I did work on it for 30 minutes… came up with some really good details… but some of them kind of contradict each other… so I’m kind of going to have to keep one and not-keep the other… that might be okay. I might be overthinking it a little bit with that. They probably could both work… but I need to either make them both work or drop the one idea. So that is something. Today I was going to wake up early and work on writing things… that didn’t really happen… but I think I’ll have a little more time tonight that I can write it… I think I’m going to stick with working on it for about a half hour or maybe an hour… I don’t think I want to watch Ghostbusters tonight though… but I want to watch some more Grace and Frankie… and maybe another episode of Black Mirror… so I’ll check out how long different episodes of black mirror are… maybe I can watch about an hour and a half and that will be good! I’ll check in later! 

Yeah, so Black Mirror is 57 minutes… Grace and Frankie is probably 30-ish minutes… I’ll try writing for an hour and 30 minutes. I kind of don’t want to do that much because I feel like I just need a little bit of time to work on a few things… but I guess the more time the better and I do want to watch those shows… so we’ll see what happens. 

Didn’t happen… ugh. Exhausting day of babysitting. Need sleeps. Got a few blogs done… okay… I got one blog done and parts of some others… it wasn’t terrible.Maybe tomorrow I can get some writing done in the morning… I’m going to be less ambitious and say 30 minutes in the morning and then maybe an hour… later in the morning? I also want to do my nails… and if I don’t write anything, I’m not going to do my nails. 

April 5th- Today I decided to kind of dedicate my days to different things… I didn’t end up writing anything for this project.. which is bad. I worked on my instagram a little bit and I watched my niece… so I need to get back to writing it… but hopefully my new “Schedule” plan will work a little bit better. 

April 6th- Okay so today I decided Thursday will be my main Instagram day… so that is what I will dedicate writing and planning out my Instagram posts for… this is a little difficult because I kind of like to write my posts as I use the products so it doesn’t take quite as long… but if I jot some notes about the things down as I use them… maybe it will be a little bit better. We’ll see how it goes. I didn’t get all that I wanted written yesterday… so it went a little bit into Friday as well… but it didn’t take too long and I’ll work on my “Weekly Blogs” like Scribbles and Weekly Wrap Up on Friday also. 

April 7th- 
Finished writing the Instagram Posts… Tonight and tomorrow my goal is to clear my room completely that way I can really focus on things better… let’s hope to do that. I’m going to finish up the weekend blog posts today… my Blog day will be Monday. If I can work 30 minutes on the project I’ll be happy… but if I can work an Hour that would kind of be ideal. Part of me wants to just write for 4 hours on Sunday… but I want to get there gradually… so it would make sense to work an hour today, 2 hours tomorrow and then 4 hours on Sunday. Right that makes sesne… sort of… Idk… I just kind of like that idea… so maybe that’s what I’ll do! 

April 8th- 
Guess what I didn’t do last night… clean my room! Lol. I think I’ll have to have to have to do that tonight… I definitely need 30 minutes at least for my project… I think that is all I’m going to commit to today. If I do more than that… that would be great… but somehow I think maybe I could possibly get 30 minutes to just write that down. I’m trying not to work too much on my blog or Instagram because I’d like to save those for the designated days… but it’s hard… lol. Maybe I’ll write that down because it’s more of a list-type thing… so if I write the list down… that might make things a little bit easier. 

April 15th- I’ve worked a little bit on the project that I was going to work on… not very much… but I’m kind of liking this schedule where I have a whole day dedicated to my blogs and a whole day dedicated to Instagram… I think what I’m going to do now though is dedicate all of next week to my blog - That way I don’t fall behind on that and then the following week I’ll just work on a new project… I’ve decided to put the project I was trying to start on hold for now… I’m at a good place with that creatively… BUT this other project I had planned a long time ago… and I think it’ll just end up a little bit better than this newer project. This newer project needs some time before I work on it a whole lot… I really love my characters and they feel like real people to me, but this other project I had worked on before- I have a more clear idea in my mind and I think that since I still have passion for this project many years later and I better start writing it now. And if I still feel that way about this current project- I’ll return to it. I may even return to it while writing this other project… but I really want to get this sort of 

End Of The Month- 
Didn’t end up writing much for any book that I had… so that’s kind of a failure… I feel like I’ve got a system almost down… at least for blogging… idk… this just seems like it was a lot to tackle and a bad month to tackle it all… so we’ll see what happens… Idk what to do for May… So far… idk it’s May 2nd… so we’ll see what happens. I’m trying to write more blogs? That’s not too interesting. Maybe I’ll be waking up earlier or something… maybe it will be meditating or something. I’ll do something easy so that I don’t fail. Lol. 
Byeee! 

-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f