Skip to main content

Chart Chat: Weekend of April 28th-30th

Another slow week at the movies... so not a ton to say here on the Chart Chat... but next week I'm hoping for Guardians of The Galaxy 2 to make things a little more exciting. There's a chance I'm seeing it on Friday... probably not... but I'll see it in the near future... so yeah!

10) Unforgettable- This is already forgotten! It's the same as the Beyonce movie that came out a few years ago but with Katherine Heigl instead of Ali Larter... who looks JUST like Katherine Heigl to me... idk if Beyonce can't make a movie concept good... neither can Katherine Heigl... I've talked about this movie more than I needed to already... save your money- watch it when it's on Lifetime in 10 years.

9) Gifted- This looks good too... but yeah. Not really the #1 movie I would pick on the box office. Chris Evans is hot and I'm not super into Captain America... so I think I'll enjoy this a little bit more... but it's still not going to get me to the movies!

8) Smurfs: The Lost Village- Cute... this is probably going to be one of those underrated kids movies. I think people are turned off to The Smurfs to begin with because they're a little dated... and then they made the "live action" movies and those were a little creepy and I think people are maybe confusing the 2 movies... but this looked fun and I'm just surprised it's not doing well... but then when I think about it... it kind of adds up that this movie would be unsuccessful... so yeah. I guess that's what did it in... but I think it looks cute and fun... I would see it!

7) Going in Style- This movie looks funny... but it does seem like it's been done several times before... so idk! It looks funny... but it's getting bad reviews and it's probably going out of theaters soon as well... so yeah!

6) Beauty and The Beast- This I think has been breaking records recently... not sure what records... but this has been a successful movie for Disney. This is the first time it isn't in the top 5 I think... but it's a great movie. I had a lot of fun seeing it and I would definitely recommend catching this one in theaters... I actually saw it in Imax 3d and THAT was amazing. I think this and The Dark Knight are the only 2 movies I've seen in Imax... so yeah! This is great!

5) The Boss Baby- I think this is the first week this movie hasn't been in the top 2... so I think this will be on the charts a little bit longer. It looks funny... but obnoxious... but I think if you like Family Guy you'll like it.

4) The Circle- This is the most interesting movie out on this charts to me... and I don't even think I'd see this. It has a great cast and it looks suspenseful and interesting... so this looks like a good movie... haven't heard reviews on it... but I'm an Emma Watson and Tom Hanks fans... so I would like this a lot!

3) Bahubali 2: The Conclusion- This looks like it's a Foreign movie... I've never heard of it... it didn't make a lot of money for #3 on the charts. It made 10 Million Dollars... no idea anything about this movie... but it's out.

2) How To Be A Latin Lover- Again... did not make a ton of money... but I've heard about this one. This one has Salma Hayak in it... and I think there are some other comedians in it... I'm pretty sure this is the movie that Salma Hayak was filming and she got injured and went to the hospital wearing a "naked lady" t shirt. Or a woman in a bikini t shirt or something inappropriate that you wouldn't expect an (oscar nominated?) actress to wear.

1) The Fate of The Furious- Yep... still number 1. I'm just waiting for Guardians of The Galaxy to come out and push this aside... but this is still out and #1. This made 19.4 Million dollars this weekend... so not huge... but for it's 3rd week at the top spot... they definitely won't stop making these Fast and Furious movies... so expect them on several more Chart Chats.

Hope you guys liked that!

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f