Skip to main content

Scribbles About Food: PF Changs

So I went to PF Changs recently and you know how much I love reviewing chain restaurants... so I thought I would do a little review of my PF Changs experience. PF Changs is a family style restaurant- so you share with the group... so my family ordered a few different things... one of them I didn't try- and I'll kind of get to that... but I liked everything else and I'll write a little bit about what my parents thought of the Beef dish that I did not try.

Chicken Lettuce Wraps- 


These are amazing. I love lettuce wraps- I feel like PF Changs is pretty well known for their lettuce wraps... that's usually the first things the servers recommend... btw I've had bad experiences with the waiters their... Our waiter was fantastic! All of his suggestions were good, he was very polite- not overly pushy but he sold us on stuff... the man was good at his job and I think- for the most part that is how the waiters are at PF Changs. They are well informed on the menu and very friendly with their service and suggestions... so it does make you want to come back. There are better asian restaurants in the area of this particular PF Changs... but PF Changs is great and the service is usually very nice.

They used to bring out 3 different types of things to add to the sauce if you wanted to make it spicier or more mild or something... they don't do that anymore... and I think it's still great. I never really used those other sauces much anyway... it kind of complicated things and made them messy... so I'm happy with the sauce they do put on. It isn't overly spicy... but there's enough spice to keep it interesting. My parents don't usually eat spicy foods and they both enjoy the lettuce wraps.

These are appetizers at Changs... but you could definitely make a meal out of these!

Wok Fired Filet Mignon 
I don't like steak... so I didn't eat this... but my parents wanted something other than chicken- so they got this and they both seemed to like it a lot. The night before they had gone to a fancy steakhouse for dinner... and this was not like that at all... but it was better than a lot of other steaks they tried at chain restaurants. The only thing they didn't seem to like about it was that some of it was very rare... since it is wok cooked and they don't ask you how you'd like the steak done... it's pretty much rare on the larger pieces... which isn't what they like... but they did like the more medium pieces and they ate quite a bit of it.

Crispy Honey Chicken

I've gotten this before and it is really tasty. It's not something that any other Asian restaurants by me have and it just tastes really delicious. It is very crispy and the honey sauce is sweet but also has a yummy Asian flavor to it... it is just really really good and I would recommend this.

Kung Pao Chicken 
As of right now... PF Changs is the only place I'll order Kung Pao Chicken from... whenever I get it from my favorite asian place in the area... it is a very small amount of chicken you're getting... and that has kind of been my luck with it everywhere other than PF Changs. They usually bring out the large family sized portion with lots of cashews and it's just really yummy and delicious. This time, however... I was a little bit disappointed in it. It tasted a little bit burnt and there weren't a lot of cashews with it... so that was disappointing. It still tasted really good... but it was a little disappointing. This is a spicier chicken than the honey chicken... and I have leftovers of this... so I'll be eating those this week!

Banana Spring Rolls with Home Made Ice Cream 
So these I think I've had before... I'm not the biggest fan of banana... I will eat it in my dessert though and this is kind of what my dad ordered after the waiter sold him on it... so that's what we ended up getting. I believe this is their most popular dessert now... it used to be the Great Wall of Chocolate I think... but this is good competition because... it's a banana spring roll. Lol. It's fried banana with ice cream.

The banana isn't really my thing... but the ice cream was amazing! The waiter told us to try and guess what the flavor of the ice cream was... my mom got it right away: Pina Colada! It was a vanilla bean base with some subtle flavors of Pineapple an Coconut... and it was just really yummy and delicious... and impressive that they make it in house. That is really a nice touch.

It did take kind of a long time for our dessert to come out and I had a headache... so I was probably a little bit crabby about it... but overall it was worth the wait and just a fun, yummy lunch. Lots of food and just a nice atmosphere and place to sit and people watch. You can't go wrong with that, right?

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f