Skip to main content

Scribbles About Life: My Dog and his Snowman

So I was going to post something different today... but this story is just too cute... so I need to share it.

My dog, Spencer was looking at the dining room table trying to get something the other day, and it was these snowball things we had. We weren't sure at first but we gave him one of these and he was happy.

He was REALLY happy with it though. He wouldn't take it out of his mouth, except every once and a while he would put it down and just stare at its face. It was like he was in love with it or something, it was so cute! He's a maltese, and I think he thought the snowman looked like him and maybe he thought it was like his doggy mommy or his sisters, but he just loved it! It was the cutest thing.

And these aren't really dog toys, they're very easy for him to get open and tear the stuffing out... so we'll only let him have it if we're home and if we notice he's tearing it open we'll take it away from him. And when I did take it away last night he was so heartbroken, he was looking for it more... so I ended up giving him another one cause they come in a little set with like 5 snowballs. And he was happy again. He was pretty tired though, so he just sort of cuddled next to it.

He's just so sweet and so playful with these little snowmen that I needed to share the story and I just think its cute.

And again, I wouldn't recommend just giving these to your dogs because that is not what they're made for... make sure you're paying attention to them and don't leave your dog home alone with these out because they might start to eat the fur and choke... but its cute.

Ohhh another thing that I think Spencer likes about the snowmen is the rosy cheeks. Maltese dogs can get stains on their faces, and its nothing too bothersome, the vet said it isn't serious. You can kind of comb them out, but Spencer doesn't like that and would bite our fingers off if we tried. There are pills and other things that they say work... none of it really works. Its all a gimmick... in dog shows they bleach them... but we aren't doing that. My last dog never had that either and he was also a maltese... idk what causes it... but I don't think its a big deal. Anyway, back on topic I think he thinks the rosy cheeks are like the stains on his face.


Also here is a cute picture of Spencer if you're like "Shannon, you talked about a cute dog this whole post... but there are no pictures of cute dogs in here. I need some more cute in my life!"


And here are some more pictures... just for good measure.

When he was being cuddly. 

He let me pick him up when we were hanging out one day. 

Spencer appreciates that Too Faced doesn't test on animals, so he tried to grab the Cyber Monday Mystery Bag. 

him as a baby! So tiny! 

and here he is chillin with Woodstock. 

Bye! Hope you found this adorable! 
-Shannon 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blogmas Day 12: The 12 Days of Christmas Gift Guide

So I thought it would be fun to do a gift guide that every gift corresponds with the price. So like for the first day of Christmas $1 gift that would be good and then up from there. These would be good stocking stutterers and things I just think are unique. $1- Solar Powered Dancers!  My mom loves getting the little dancing solar powered people. We get most of ours from Dollar tree... other dollar stores have them too, they're super cute and fun for $1. Its good to put near any plants that you have that way you know they're getting sunlight. It's a good gift. $2- Mini Coloring Book!  At 5 Below they had some mini travel sized coloring books for $2. I thought these were pretty cool. I got the Botanical one I believe. Really cute and fun! I would recommend! $3-   Ceramic Truck w/ Christmas Tree  I saw this at the Target Dollar Spot and I thought it was cute and would probably make a great gift. If you know someone who has a truck or likes the sort of "rustic C...

It List: May 2017

Can't believe it's the last day of May... this was a great time for TV... so let's get right into it! 1) Master of None- The second season of this show was really really great! I liked the first season... but this season was just wayyy better to me for some reason... I loved that they had episodes about Italy and about New York... I think they did a really great job and I was so impressed with it... I'll have to watch the first season over again and do a Throwback Thursday on that sometime soon... but until then... season 2 was great! 2) Girl Boss- I finally got around to watching Girl Boss this month too... and I loved that show! At first I wasn't sure if I was going to like it or not... then I just couldn't stop watching it and I finished it in 2 days... which I guess is when I finished all the Netflix shows I'm talking about... but still. Girlboss was definitely really good... and I feel like I could watch this one over and over again too. 3) Unbrea...

Catching Fire Review! (some mild plot spoilers from The Hunger Games and Catching Fire)

Hello lovely people! I just saw Catching Fire and I liked it so much I figured I'd do a review on it! So if you haven't seen/read the hunger games it is a dystopian novel that focuses on games that people in Panem (which used to be the united states) compete in. The games take children from 12-18 I think, I may be wrong it may be older than 12 and they fight to the death in these Hunger Games that they are automatically entered in and have their names chosen at random. A boy and a girl from each of the 12 districts competes and if they sign their names more times, they will get more food to feed their families. The movies never actually mentioned that, but it's interesting and important. So the heroine of the story is Katniss Everdeen, played by Jennifer Lawrence. She volunteers in the games for her sister. And I don't want to really give away the end of the first one, but Jennifer Lawrence and Josh Hutcherson are both in the second one... so it's a little obvio...