Skip to main content

Scribbles About TV: American Horror Story Hotel Finale Review + Thoughts for next season

So... I wasn't a huge fan of this season...  mostly because of the penultimate episode... it just wasn't my favorite... I didn't like that they killed Queenie... I thought that was a cop out...

But I do have to say, I was happy with the way it turned out. I don't think any of the characters were necessarily "good." Usually the heroes get a happy ending, the villains get a bad endings... there were no real heroes or villains in this... they were all just sort of bad guys... but even John March, the Ten Commandments Killer got kind of a happy ending. Very similar to the way Dylan McDermott did in season 1... the finale was very reminiscent of Season 1 and the Scream Queens finale to me... but it wasn't bad. Thats what I think American Horror Story is good at. They have such serious plots and stories and then they get to have a little bit of fun in the finale and I like that.

I think the happiest ending was Donnovan and Iris. She got to hear that Donnovan was in "a place that smelled like her blueberry pancakes." And I thought that was beautiful. It made Iris really happy. And he was struggling with addiction when he was alive and when he was a vampire, he was addicted to The Countess... but now he's in "heaven" and it smells like pancakes. This is also the only mention of a heaven in any season of the show... and I liked that.  It seemed like some of the seasons were glorifying killing... and this was good. I felt like that was kind of needed.

I also liked that Billie Dean returned and she didn't die... which I was quite a fan of. I thought she was going to die and I was a little upset. It seems like both March and Lowe are done with killing.

And I like that The Countess was sort of humanized again as a ghost and she remembered why she fell in love with Liz Taylor and said that he was her most beautiful creation. I hope she comes back because I think her scenes with Dennis O'hare were really good. I loved Liz Taylor this season... and I loved The Countess. And I liked that she changed him again. I like that he and Tristan were back together... I liked that they really were a family like in the Murder House finale.

Ohhh and another thing I liked was Sally's Instagram account. That was a little weird, but I liked it. She would totally be super famous today. Same with Will Drake.

Some things I wished they did a little better... I think they could have explained Sally's backstory a little bit better and they didn't really do anything with The Addiction Demon... I thought that was a waisted storyline. And Sally's people in the mattresses... still didn't get that. It seems there is always at least one thing they never really get to... so that was a thing.

So my thoughts for next season... They were really shoving the idea of Boarding School down our throats this episode. Maybe they could do a follow up on some of the killer kids like the random serial killer girl in Asylum and Vivian's child with Tate from Murder House. So thats one thing I think. I feel like there's also maybe some sort of Cyber thing that could be done. The Ghost in The Machine thing kind of stood out as something different. And maybe something else with magic? I don't know if Queenie coming back was just kind of a filler thing, it was supposed to be Emma Roberts, but that seemed like something. Idk. It kind of seemed like something... Also I've heard rumors of White House... The White House is super old and probably haunted and it would make sense during an election year to have the White House as a place... They have also talked about doing 2 seasons in one year... I feel like it would be a good time to do that. The Boarding School could also be a Summer Camp, which would be good to watch in the summer... not sure. But I like it!

Anyway... that is it! What did you guys think? Did you like it? Hate it? Indifferent? Tired of the show already? Just prefer if they did a whole season where Donnovan danced to Hotline Bling? Let me know!

Anyone reading this has a jawline for days... lol.

Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f