Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up: 1/17/16

Hello everyone. Happy Sunday! Lets Start out with the favorites and then get into some news and highlights!

Favorites 
Master of None- Great show. I'm late on the bandwagon here... but its well worth it. I love Aziz Ansari and I love the type of show that this is if that makes sense. It's in my It List, which is like my mid monthly favorites, and I'll go over it a little bit more there... but its good.

Irresistible By Fall Out Boy- I always love hearing FOB on the radio. I always like Fall Out Boy. I'll have a review of this music video out tomorrow I think... but I like the song. I like Demi Lovato in it. I have a little bit of a girl crush on her. She's gorgeous and just seems awesome. Like I get it.

The only thing I don't love about the song... all of them are starting to sound the same to me. And I feel like I've known this for a while, but have been afraid to say it... but this and Immortals from the Big Hero 6 soundtrack... might as well be the same song honestly. Very similar. Doesn't make it bad... but it is all starting to sound the same to me... maybe that is just my age.

David Bowie- Of corse. I can't not mention David Bowie. He's been my favorite singer for a few years now. Partially because NONE of his songs sound alike. I've been listening to them a lot lately because of his passing and they're just amazing. He really was out of this world. Pretty far out of this world too. I love him, he's amazing and I've been loving reading the stories different people have of him. He really sounds like the type of person you would want your heroes to be. I'm sad I never got the chance to see him in concert. The stars look very different today.

Snowballs- You know those "snowball" decorations... those have been my favorite this week because they are making my dog so happy. Its a cute story I wrote a blog on it here. Its just been making me happy to see him so happy.

Highlights 
Monday and Tuesday I just walked all around my house pretty much... lol. Wednesday I got my eyeglasses... I think I'm going to have to do a post about that story because its one of those stories where I was waiting in the waiting room and just a bunch of funny stuff was happening... It was mildly amusing. Nothing amazing... but its one of those fun stories you tell your parents types of things.

Thursday I went to Target... Love Target. So that was fun.

Friday was my Nana's birthday, so we went out to dinner. Also I was in a pretty tough competition that I will talk about on Fitbit Friday... so yeah.

And Saturday I was also celebrating Nana's Birthday with family. So that was fun too.


TV Highlights 
The Golden Globes were on on Sunday. I go over that more in the news... so yeah.

The American Horror Story Hotel Finale was on and as much as I complained about this season... I liked it a lot! I didn't know how they were going to end it... but I was pretty happy with it overall. I don't think they did a bad job!

I watched Master of None... obvi.

The Wednesday comedy shows on ABC... I didn't watch any of them that closely, but I did see pretty much all of Blackish and I really thought it was funny. The end with Junior was just really funny. I like Junior.

I watched Beyond The Tank and Shark Tank. Both pretty good this week. I like Shark Tank better... but both were good.

I kind of half watched some movie called Unfinished Business with Dave Franco and Vince Vaughn. It got really bad reviews, but I totally didn't hate it. Its not like it was fantastic... but from half watching it, I thought Vaughn was great in it. I'd actually watch it again because it was not horrible. It was kind of heartwarming.

News 
The Golden Globes happened on Sunday. There were a lot of bleeps. I thought it was funny enough. It wasn't Amy and Tina good... but I thought they put Ricky Gervais on a little more than they were on. So that's a thing. There are tons of categories, and I feel like its all more interesting categories than The Oscars or The Grammys... no offense... lol. But everything is like one of the bigger categories of the Oscars. That being said... not many of these movies I want to see. I think I'll see The Martian... Maybe The Big Short... but I don't really care about the other movies.

And of corse on Sunday Night we learned about the very sad passing of my personal favorite singer, David Bowie. He was 69 years old and he was battling cancer. David Bowie may be in Space Now, but his songs will live on forever and I'll never start loving him. I'm still in shock about this. I've always wanted to see him in concert. I love him. Its a great loss.

And it was a bad week to be 69 and British as my sister said... Alan Rickman also lost his battle to cancer this week. Out of every actor that has ever played any character from any book... he was the best. Right? Maybe not, idk. I just thought he was great and its really sad. He was a great actor in all of his movies. Sweeny Todd, Harry Potter of corse, Love Actually. He was just such a talent and its sad that he also passed away this week. I found this out first thing in the morning while my dog was throwing up also... so that was a sad time to hear it.

In other news, Nick Carter got arrested for a fight in a bar I believe. I know this is Carter's 2nd arrest... I believe this is the same thing he was arrested for before as well. He was arrested many years ago.

The record-breaking powerball had 3 winners. California, Tennessee and Florida. My mom was also a winner... of a whopping $4! There are also some 1 million dollar tickets sold in New York, NJ, and Connecticut. My dad has some tickets he hasn't checked yet... so fingers crossed! Lol.

In exciting TV news, 2 of my favorite shows that were on the bubble are coming back! Playing House will be back with Season 3 and Scream Queens will be having season 2! Scream Queens will be taking place at a hospital with some crazy workers and patients... so totally different characters... I'm a little upset about that... but I'm happy its coming back! I hope its as funny and suspenseful as season 1!

Caitlyn Jenner thinks she should replace Ricky Gervais because he insulted her driving at the Golden Globes... To be fair... she did kill someone though, so I understand Ricky's point... totally valid. Lol. If you kill someone... comedians gotta joke about it.

There are talks of a Friends Reunion and a Will and Grace reunion... I'll believe them when I see them.

The Oscar Nominees were announced and were unsurprisingly un-diverse... which is an issue.

Really sad news for Celine Dion. Her husband passed away this week after a long battle with cancer. On top of that her brother passed away. I always like Celine Dion's music, Its not like I listen to it really... but her talent is undeniable and she must be an amazing performer. I am thinking of her and her family at this time.

Random Haul 
I got a donut mug! I got it from American Eagle. It was on discounted online and I'm using it for makeup brushes and eyeliners and lip liners. Its super cute though and I love it.

I also got the Welcome to Nightvale book. I'm really excited to read this! I used to love the Nightvale podcast... I haven't listened to it for a while... but it is really funny and I'm sure this book will be great too. I'm super super excited for it!!!

Also idk if I ever said from Target I got the movie Spy and Aladdin on Blu Ray a few weeks ago... haven't seen those yet... but expect a Throwback Thursday and a review of Spy sometime in the future!

My mom also got me some minion trading cards that were like mystery minion figures in it too... and the cards were mystery. It was really cute. I really love them!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f