Skip to main content

Weekly Wrap Up- 1/24/16

Favorites 
Minions- I feel like I didn't like a lot of things this week... lol idk why I had a good week and everything, but there isn't a ton I'm like "wow I just tried this and you need to try it too." But this has been a very minion-y week. I watched Minions, I watched Despicable Me 2... there are other random minion things I've liked... its just been a pretty Minion-y week and I like that. Minions always make me happy. So yeah.

Starbucks White Mocha- It's been a while since I had this... but it is amazing! My dad actually got this for me when he went to starbucks and I need to remember to order this more! For some reason I didn't think I liked the White Mocha... but it is really really good! I really like it!

Apple Music- So my dad has Apple Music and he's sharing it with me... and I really like it because I don't love committing to an album really. Like I used to like Adele, and I used to listen to her... but after they played all of her songs on every station, I couldn't really listen to her anymore... so if I had her album, I wouldn't want it anymore... so this is perfect for me. I have it on shuffle now and Hurricane from The Hamilton Soundtrack stopped and Young Americans from David Bowie played... that was pretty awesome. Lol. I'll write something about what I have on Apple Music right now for later in the week. Tuesday... or Monday Maybe depending on if there's power to see The X Files... but then I guess I wouldn't have power for this either... so lets hope I can watch The X Files! Lol.

Honorable Mention: Jessica Jones- So this is kind of an honorable mention because I watched the first episode and I liked it but I'm not 100% hooked. I think its going to get better... I had a few issues with it... but its pretty good overall. I think it'll get better.



Highlights 
Sunday I went shopping, which was fun and we celebrated Christmas and my sisters birthday with some friends. We went out to dinner and it was good.

Tuesday I went shopping, I went to the gym and I went to the gym and ate a pretty delicious salad.

Wednesday I feel like I did something but I don't remember.

Thursday I re-discovered the White Mocha, and I started Jessica Jones.

Friday was the last day before the snow storm... so we kinda went everywhere just trying to get out of the house we're going to be stuck in.

Its Saturday right now... the storm is pretty big... so yeah. Just hoping the power doesn't go out! I don't think it will... but we're eating dinner for lunch just in case. Lol.

Tv Highlights 
I watched the live- action Cinderella movie this week! I actually loved it! I didn't totally sit down and watch the whole entire thing... I fell asleep at one part, but not because it was bad... I had a blanket on me and I was comfy and my dog was on my lap and a good movie was on... so I decided it'd be a good time to take a nap. So I did. It was good. I enjoyed it.

I also watched the David Bowie episode of Flight of The Conchords! This is one of my favorite episodes... if not my favorite episode. And I love David Bowie and Flight of The Conchords... so seeing them together is just kind of mind blowing! I thought it was really funny.

I also watched Minions, the movie. I didn't watch the full thing at first because it was late at night and I fell asleep at the end... but this is one of my if not my favorite movies. I think I would still say the original Despicable Me is my Favorite movie... but this is probably 2nd. I love Minions, they are my favorite and I just think they did a really clever job with this movie. I know it didn't get good reviews or anything... but it is still my favorite movie that came out in 2015. I also loved Inside Out... but this was great. I love it!

Despicable Me 2 was also on this week, and of corse I watched it! I love all things Minions.

The Wednesday night shows on ABC were funny. Modern Family was a repeat, but I hadn't seen it before.

The King of Queens was on... and thats pretty funny too.

Jessica Jones I watched... which I'll be reviewing but I talked about already too.

News 
It seems as though Miley Cyrus and ex-fiance Liam Hemsworth are back together and moving in together. That is good for them. I like Liam and he still seems quite fond of Miley...so good for them. I hope it all works out.

I mentioned this in Fridays things that pissed me off as the one thing I'm excited about Lady Gaga and Elton John are collaborating. That is awesome. I'm excited to hear that... but there is also some news for collaborations that didn't work out. It turns out Coldplay wrote a song with a David Bowie-like character in it and they wanted David Bowie to sing on it with them. Chris Martin asked him and Bowie looked at the lyrics and said "it's not a very good song is it?" And refused. I'm not a fan of Coldplay... but even if you are a Coldplay fan you gotta respect him for not selling out and doing something you don't believe in. Even someone from Coldplay said they respected him for that... so no bad blood there. I actually have respect for that guy from Coldplay for not getting upset about it and telling the story as a way to honor Bowie. (Idk who that guy from coldplay is. I think its the drummer, it isn't chris martin. Entertainment weekly told the story.)

Actress Jamie Lynn Seiglar from The Sopranos opened up about battling with MS for 15 years. That makes me sad. MS is such a hard disease to live with. During the fitbit for good challenge I chose MS as the charity to raise money for because I figure it was less talked about compared to the others and its just very sad. I hope this raises some awareness for the disease.

Cats is coming back to broadway! That's exciting! They did this play at my high school... I don't think I was in high school yet when it was on... but it was a little bit weird for me and I know its a very long show. I'm sure its amazing to see on broadway though for all musical fans!

Also kind of sad and kind of happy about the next thing... the tv show The Fab Life is cancelled! This is sort of a guilty pleasure of mine. I really like all the hosts, but some of the things on it don't totally click. Also Tyra Banks was never on the show... apparently she left in November to work on her cosmetics line. I hope all the hosts go on to do something else because I think they're talented and they all seemed to be good friends too.

Sarah Palin is supporting Donald Trump now... so thats a thing.

Louis Tomilson is now a proud daddy to a son with a girl that all teenage girls hate now. I think that joke was re-tooled from something Seth Meyers said... but its a pretty standard joke. My re-telling it makes sense.

Speaking of stealing jokes, Amy Schumer didn't steal a joke from a comedian and has gone on record saying she'd take a lie detector test.

Random Haul 
My aunt and a family friend got me this huge mug with minions on them! I love the minions, I'm really happy that I have 2 of these also lol. I am using one for coffee and one for decoration, so that is nice. I love minions and I love these mugs! Sooo cute!

I don't think I ever mentioned the Minion Calendar my mom got me either. Its so cute! I don't think I've even looked up all of the pictures yet... but its the cutest! Its from the Minion movie... so its especially cute. My mom always likes getting a Where's Waldo calendar... but there were no Where's Waldo Calendars this year :(. But still. This minion one is cute.



Byeee!
-Shannon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f