Skip to main content

Scribbles About Songs: Favorite David Bowie Songs

So David Bowie is my absolute favorite singer and his songs always make me feel better when I'm sad and they make me feel what I need to feel I think... if that makes sense. I don't want to get too gushy about it... I didn't even know all of his songs that well, basically I have Best of Bowie and The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust... so those are kind of what this will be about... sorry I just kind of like to listen to singers that have been around a while just a little bit at a time so that they stay new to me.

Soul Love 
This is in no particular order but this one is my absolute favorite. I've listened to this 1,000 times. I think the lyrics of this song are absolutely beautiful. This is probably the best, most heartbreaking love song I've ever heard... and there may not be any more truthful and honest lyrics. It is just such a beautiful song... I feel like that's what I'm going to be saying about all these songs cause there's not much to say about them... the lyrics speak for themselves. This is going to be like the worst post ever... lol. But still! Needed to post it because I can't not post this!

Heroes 
This one is one I had heard for years and never knew it was David Bowie. And that's sort of what my sister said about him too. She had discovered him a few years ago saying that she knew all these songs all her life and never knew that it was David Bowie... and then when she found out it was him she listened to all of his stuff and it was all amazing. This song to me is just very romantic. It makes me think that you can be a better person when you're with your better half. Its very sweet and touching and its something that not a lot of people really think of.

Under Pressure 
This  song is probably the greatest music collaboration of all time. David Bowie and Queen... and it is amazing. I remember listening to this while taking a break from studying for finals or writing a paper for High School or college. This is also something that I would recommend if you are trying to get someone to Like David Bowie... because I feel like most people like Queen... so it makes sense for them to like this song also.

Idk if this is technically a queen song or a Bowie song... but it is on The Best of Bowie... but its probably also on The Best of Queen cause its just so good!


Golden Years 
This song is just a nice song. I feel like this is just a fun, happy song that you can dance to. They play this song at Bath and Body Works every once and a while, and I'll just stay in there until the song is over because I like this so much. This is a feel good song. And the performance of this song is really pretty amazing too.

Ziggy Stardust 
This was kind of my first favorite Bowie song. I was like "ohhh I like this." I just like the story it tells, this is just one you can really listen too and its kind of heartbreaking and very real. It happens to most artists. Its one of the best.

Life On Mars
This  is another sort of sad song. I always feel like its not David Bowie, it reminds me of American Horror Story because Jessica Lange sang it in Freakshow. No offense to Jessica Lange, but this does sound a lot better than her singing this with a fake German accent. The lyrics are still so true to today. I could totally see a Starman looking at our world and seeing how ridiculous we all are and all the horrible things we do. Great Song.

Rebel Rebel 
Just  a fun one to listen to. I feel like this is a really relatable song. Everyone is at least a little bit of a rebel from time to time. This is a great one.

Starman 
Another  favorite from The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust. When I listened to this, this was kind of what I was into also. I like when there are rock songs that sound a little country, and that's kind of how I think of this song... now that I'm listening to it I'm like "really country?" Now I kind of got to the part that made me think that lol. It was around the time Lady Gaga's You and I was popular. Gaga is another one of my favorites and she got a lot of inspiration from David Bowie for her songs and style... really there are tons of bands that got influenced from him.

I know there was one other song I wanted to include... but lets face it... there are like 50 more songs I could include! Lol. I was going to stop at Ziggy Stardust, but then I kept clicking and clicking. Moonage Daydream is another great one, thats on the Guardians of The Galaxy soundtrack to I believe. Dance, Magic Dance from Labyrinth.

Ohhh and here's another great one. This is by Flight of The Conchords, I knew this song far before I was a fan of bowie... but its always been my favorite song from them... and its a nice lighthearted video to watch and make you laugh if you're sad about his passing.

Flight of The Conchords -Bowie
Fun Fact: David Bowie had this on his iPod! Ricky Gervais found that out and told FOTC.

Byeee!
-Shannon


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Scribbles About TV: Jane The Virgin Finale Review (SPOILERS)

So.... Can we talk about all the twists because there were a lot! I didn't even see all of them coming! Alrighty we start out in typical Jane The Virgin Mode with Jane's choice between Raphael and Michael... I'd be okay with either but I think I'm team Michael. Jane has a weird moment with Raphael and thinks she's better off without him and just having him be the father of her child. She's also starting to have some feelings for Michael again. Then she almost has the baby on the bus and some woman helps her and gets the bus driver to take her to the hospital. Rogellio and Xo are in Vegas and they get drunk and can't remember what happens, but they make it just in time to see Jane deliver a baby boy. I knew it would be a boy! Lets pause on that a little and go to Michael and his ex partner/friend with benefits who comes back says she has a lead on Sin Rostro, gives him an address where the plastic surgeon is and by the time Michael gets there, he's de

Disney Store Closing Haul

So if you read my post from yesterday- you know that I love The Disney Store, but it is unfortunately closing. I did pick up some things from the store that I thought I'd share with you guys! I did get a couple of t shirts. One is a Star Wars shirt, which is technically a men's shirt but I thought it looked really cool and I don't like that Disney doesn't carry the same things for men and for women. For the most part they look unisex to me and a lot of their men's stuff has characters I like better. Like the star wars shirt for women was grey with pink lettering and had no pictures, but the mens shirt had a really cool metallic silver logo on black clothing with pictures of all the new characters and Luke inside of the letters... much cooler! So I got that! The other shirt I got is really funny and it has Sleeping Beauty on it and it says "I Woke Up Like This." Which I really liked! Super cute and funny and my niece likes it when I wear shirts with c

Scribbles About Life: 3.10.16

Soooo... I don't really want to post about my day... but I don't really want to post anything else either. I started writing something about female characters in movies and TV... but I just didn't like what I was writing and... idk... I was a blog writing machine this week and now I feel defeated. I wrote a ton on Monday and Tuesday and now I just don't feel like doing a post today... but I want to write still... So I'll talk about things that I guess are on my mind lately... Idk. So I got this Revlon Ultra HD Matte Lipcolor... and for some reason... I'm addicted to the way that it smells. Idk why, it smells like cherry medicine... but I also sort of like it. Its more cherry than medicine... and I can't smell it on my lips... but Idk. I keep smelling it in the tube. I got some cute stuff from American Eagle yesterday too! I got a dress and a romper... I do not own any Rompers... except this one... but it looked good on me and it didn't make me look f